Pre-SW Snack Syn Shocker!!!!!!!!

French stick ! .... i used to eat nearly a whole one over 2 days !
White bread ... i would have 4 slices some days!
butter ... in mash potato

god i used to be so bad. in the mornings i'd have a chocolate croissant (20.5snys) from pret pretty much every day. sometimes i'd have a cinnamon danish (no idea on syns for that! i'd 'guess at 19) AS WELL!

I'd happily eat a sausage roll and chips for lunch, snacking on crisps and chocolate throughout the day.

i'd haev dinner of lasagne with garlic bread, but snack on bread and butter whilst i was waiting for it too cook! then follow up with profiteroles or cheesecake!

no WONDER i haev so much weight to lose!!

when I wasn't dieting I was scarey no wonder I put my 2 stone back on in 6 months.
regular day for me.
breakfast (skipped)
snack on way to work: sausage roll, crisps and chocolate bar

when I came out of work 4 hours later I would have chocolate probably a big bag from home bargins (then eat till I felt sick)
lunch: cob and crisps and cake
snack: what ever I could lay my hands on (I ate all day)
tea: takeaway probably pie chips peas and gravy (we had ta 4 times a week)
after tea I would snack till bedtime.

I never ate fruit or veg and only diary was cheese on pizza I was really bad esp after I fell off sw wagon.

when I was trying to be good way back before sw a salad would have sausage roll and crisps on and/or a pork pie or scotch egg

I used to use at least one block of butter a week (90 syns), and would probably have a snickers bar (16syns) every day. We would drink a bottle of wine between us every night (12 syns each), and I reckon I got through a litre of good quality olive oil every fortnight (400syns). On a saturday we would grab a fry up from our local lovely cafe (not even thinking about it rofl) before heading into town for a burger king whopper with cheese (35syns), large fries (14) and a diet coke (about the only redeeming thing in my day it would appear!)

At home we cooked good quality sausages (6.5 syns each) with mounds of buttery mash. Were quite partial to pies (35 ish syns each), loved our roasties and ate a shocking number of fun size chocolate bars ...

Funny, because I bought 'finest' ranges, we always thought we ate healthily ... amazing ...

mmmmmmm pizza. My fave was pizza hut stuffed crust mmmmmm 1 slice of cheese feast was 18 syns so times that by the 4 I would eat is 72 syns!!!!!! Then I would eat all the cheese of the middle of the crust that my children would leave. :p

OMG - me too. I used to eat OH's crusts. Plus potato salad and coleslaw and croutons ...

Dominos Pizza - I would order a large Texas BBQ. Eat what I could then save a couple of slices for brekkie the next morning! Oh dear.

Decided best to avoid Dominos since being on SW!

hahaha sounds very similar !!! Pizza always tasted soo much better the morning after xx ooh how i miss my pizzas :sigh:

Ohhh, I was so bad pre SW and I didn't even realise! Regular foods were:

Big french sticks
Pots of full fat hummus
Plenty of Avocados
Linda M Pies (22 syns each)
Cheeseless Pizza
Vegetable oil - most foods were fried in this, also used cups of oil in my vegan baking
Chips
Lots of dairy free butter
Peanut butter
Packets of crisps
Veggie sausage rolls
Packs of chocolate chips (25 syns each)

Ugh the list is endless. I'm so glad I was introduced to SW!!

I too was a fan of the 'skinny' Starbucks muffins - boo!
Luckily sugar free syrup is free so I can have a skinny sf vanilla latte for just a hex a and no syns.
They do a ham and tomato crepe which is only about 160 cals... Not sure of the syns but if I'm desperate I have that!

Before dieting I loved haagen daz baileys ice cream. I'd eat the whole tub in one go!
A lovely chicken tikka massala with mushroom rice and peshwari naan. Mmmmmm

For me, the big syns are always going to be booze... A nice glass (read bottle) of Rose just makes the world seem on again!!

All of your comments remind me of myself pre SW! The thing is, i never really consumed 'lots' of food but everything i had was bad! Nothing for breakfast, white bagette with egg or prawn mayo for lunch and something fatty for dinner like pasta bake from a jar with lots of cheese, or a take-away.... i wish i had never started writing this post because now i'm feeling peckish...... :eatdrink023:
xxxx

My favourite sandwich was the Pret posh cheddar and pickle on artisan baguette. Now I know it's 39 syns I'm not so keen! Even if I counted the bread and the cheese as all my HEXs on a Green day, that's still 15 syns - a whole day's worth! They are delicious but definitely not worth it.

i loved fresh from the bakery sausage rolls in a bap with loads of butter and brown sauce and i would a buy a coconut finger ( like a bread roll with icing and topped with coconut.

another fav of mine used to be a taco chip from the chippy

chips heapped with mince cooked in oil and spicy sauce with pepper and mushrooms topped with loads of taco sauce and millions of cheese and i would have a pastie with garlic mayo too

* a pastie in northern ireland is very diff to the uk its like pork meat mixed with mash potato and herbs and spices dipped in batter and deep fried .... soooooo goood with garlic mayo lol

fav desserts

creme de mascarpone ice cream
a whole box of chocolate eclair with fresh cream buns

yummm lol

I used to always buy Gregg's cheese and ham baguette and get a chocolate donut, which had cream in the middle. I dont dare find out the syn values for these, I think i'd rather not know haha.

I also for tea used to buy the Bird Eye crispy chickens which are 8 syns each. Not too bad, I suppose, but combined with oven chips, and lots and lots of tomato ketchup it just piled the syns on.

xx

Quorn mushroom pies and cornish pasties...think one is about 19 syns and the other 25! I used to have two pasties or pies as with one meal! Urgh!

I have been so shocked at pre packed sarnies!! Even the "low fat" options are high in syns x

Ive forgotten what pies taste like. I used to love a korma curry and I really miss cakes and biscuits.

Mcdonalds ,KFC miss them too but I sometimes have a MCD ice cream cone 6.5 syns I love them.

A few months ago I gave into a chocolate brownie in Sainsburys sat in the car couldnt wait to get in in my gob but it was as dry as dust I persevered for a few bites but it was rubbish and Id used syns I wished I hadnt ha!

Some things I used to have were 2 slices of white bread toasted for breakfast, I would spread it with loads of butter, then put it back in the toaster for 15 seconds so all the butter would soak into the toast, then I would butter it again.

I would have thought nothing of drinking a full 2 litre bottle of full fat Coke per day

Every Friday night I got a Domino's pizza - we got a meal for four (between two of us) Pepperoni Passion with all the dips, a garlic pizza, and 2 tins of Coke.

Then on Saturday I used to go to Wetherspoon's for the Gourmet Burger with beer battered onion rings and chips with loads of full fat mayo on the side.

My arteries are thanking me for joining SW :D

OMG Lola, I'm starving now! :D I was an Indian freak, there is a place called Balbirs in Glasgow that has the most amazing Indian food. I used to skip breakfast, for lunch it would be things like cheese on toast, chicken and mushroom pie...ohh the list goes on... :D

Oh my gosh! Thank gosh I'm upstairs or this thread would have me heading for the fridge!

Lots of what had already been said but:

- Salad would usually include some coleslaw and crisps on the plate!

- cheese and salad creme sandwiches

- honey nut cornflakes!

- hot chocolate with whipped cream!

- 'healthy'' lunch such as boots meal deal of... Hoi sin duck wrap with a BROWNIE and smoothie (bad bad bad)

- lucozade
- pick n mix
- millionaires shortbread
- baguettes
- nan bread!

I avoid bread all together now!

cocktailprincess said:
When me and OH went to Wetherspoons I always had nachos while he had burger and chips. I always thought mine was a 'snack' while he was being fat until I found out they are 65 syns. The burger and chips were 'only' 45 syns!

Lol it has really surprised me with stuf like this! Some sandwiches ect are more than having a burger and chips you have to be so careful I'm still learning!

Back