Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Ok this is really weird but I can feel a baby inside me kicking etc , I've seen my baby on an ultrasound, I've listened to her heartbeat nearly every day, I love her more than life itself already, but I just cannot imagine us with a baby at the end of all this, I can't imagine going into labour, giving birth, holding her, looking at her for the first time, I tried to explain to Pete last night but e just didn't understand what I was saying, am I only one that's felt/feels like this? X

I could have written this myself. I can't even believe there is a baby inside me right now - despite feeling kicks and seeing her on LOTS of scans etc. I'm convinced it's not really happening?! And that the midwives, sonographers etc have made a mistake!!! I can't imagine giving birth, I can't imagine holding her and meeting her etc its just mad!! Lol (or at least I sound mad right now lol) xx

Ok this is really weird but I can feel a baby inside me kicking etc , I've seen my baby on an ultrasound, I've listened to her heartbeat nearly every day, I love her more than life itself already, but I just cannot imagine us with a baby at the end of all this, I can't imagine going into labour, giving birth, holding her, looking at her for the first time, I tried to explain to Pete last night but e just didn't understand what I was saying, am I only one that's felt/feels like this? X

Not weird if u ask me as its exactly how I feel daily.
It's weird to think...in a month..... I'll have a little person to care for. My person the I grew!! Like WTF!!!

I find it had to connect that Seth is the same baby I carried sometimes - I know that sounds really weird! I think it's because I didn't see or feel him being born and we didn't really bond straight away although we're fine now. I think until the moment I saw him I didn't quite believe that I was having a baby and that he was mine to love and take home with me. I loved him completely then and I still do now, it's just a different kind of love. :) xxx

I find it had to connect that Seth is the same baby I carried sometimes - I know that sounds really weird! I think it's because I didn't see or feel him being born and we didn't really bond straight away although we're fine now. I think until the moment I saw him I didn't quite believe that I was having a baby and that he was mine to love and take home with me. I loved him completely then and I still do now, it's just a different kind of love. :) xxx

That's the same for me and Abigail. I couldn't feel a thing at all tho mine wasn't a section like you Sarah. She was whisked away to the paeds straight after so I saw her for the first time when she was over 5mins old.
But I can remember when they put her skin to skin after all the drama thinking how did we make this little person?? Someone's going to come in and tell me I've got to give her back!
I think it finally sunk in when she woke up at 4am crying and I remember thinking 'Ooo is it me she wants!'
I love your pic tho Jess, it's lovely.
Hope you're all ok xxx

Thank you so much ladies xx

Thankfully it's not just me then!! I've been thinking these thoughts for ages but didn't want to say anything as was worried I was a little mad/strange lol (well I am but in respect of this at least I'm not! Lol)

Thank you so much ladies xx

Thankfully it's not just me then!! I've been thinking these thoughts for ages but didn't want to say anything as was worried I was a little mad/strange lol (well I am but in respect of this at least I'm not! Lol)

The funny thing is that this feeling is exactly the same with each child. I even said it to hubby while I was pregnant with this one (my third), I knew that I was pregnant but couldn't imagine going through labour again, having a baby and going home with a baby. Its all very surreal. Believe me it becomes real very quick lol. I still can't quite grasp that I have 3 kids and that this time next year I'll have 2 school going kids and a toddler...... weird!

That's the same for me and Abigail. I couldn't feel a thing at all tho mine wasn't a section like you Sarah. She was whisked away to the paeds straight after so I saw her for the first time when she was over 5mins old. But I can remember when they put her skin to skin after all the drama thinking how did we make this little person?? Someone's going to come in and tell me I've got to give her back! I think it finally sunk in when she woke up at 4am crying and I remember thinking 'Ooo is it me she wants!' I love your pic tho Jess, it's lovely. Hope you're all ok xxx

I can understand that completely - especially when you've had a traumatic birth and are drugged up to the eyeballs, it's hard to understand what's going on. I didn't see Seth for a good few minutes after he was born and didn't get to hold him until I was in recovery about an hour later so I can totally relate to that although it was different circumstances of course.

We're well ta, hope you and Abigail are too! xxx

Thank you so much ladies xx Thankfully it's not just me then!! I've been thinking these thoughts for ages but didn't want to say anything as was worried I was a little mad/strange lol (well I am but in respect of this at least I'm not! Lol)

It's definitely not strange at all, looks like we've all felt similar things. I remember when we got home from hospital with Seth saying to Colin 'OMG they let us being him home!' like they were going to ask for him back or something. It's such a huge, life changing thing and it's natural to feel a bit weird about it! ;) xxx

Not sure there's anything TMI on this thread.. But prob a TMI question...

Am feeling very tender to touch and swollen downstairs... I know there's lots of extra blood etc going on and I'm not worried at all.. Just wondered if anyone (Jess / Danni) had the same??
When I say touch.. when I wipe say after going toilet or anything its quite tender n kinda feels low/falling out??

Also.. Has CM changed consistency??

CM hasn't changed but yesterday was sore to wipe, was worried was getting an infection but it's eased today.
Hopefully it will ease for you x

Not sure there's anything TMI on this thread.. But prob a TMI question...

Am feeling very tender to touch and swollen downstairs... I know there's lots of extra blood etc going on and I'm not worried at all.. Just wondered if anyone (Jess / Danni) had the same??
When I say touch.. when I wipe say after going toilet or anything its quite tender n kinda feels low/falling out??

Also.. Has CM changed consistency??

Yeah I've had this on and off for the last few weeks - I think I might have mentioned it on minis before...if not I definitely asked my mum wtf it was all about lol. I felt almost "swollen" down there and I know what you mean about the "falling out" bit. I noticed it when wiping after a wee. Mine kinda is there one day, but disappears the next. I'm wondering if its to do with baby's head as I'm pretty sure my baby keeps popping in and out of my pelvis whenever she feels like it!!

From what I've read it's normal xx

Yeah I've had this on and off for the last few weeks - I think I might have mentioned it on minis before...if not I definitely asked my mum wtf it was all about lol. I felt almost "swollen" down there and I know what you mean about the "falling out" bit. I noticed it when wiping after a wee. Mine kinda is there one day, but disappears the next. I'm wondering if its to do with baby's head as I'm pretty sure my baby keeps popping in and out of my pelvis whenever she feels like it!!

From what I've read it's normal xx
I had similar weeks ago.. But turned out it was just the SPD as had tonne loads of walking and I think it might have been when we were painting/wallpapering baby's room.. Was similar in that it felt swollen but now its "low" too...
And so tender... I dunno how you'r inserting EPO as I don't think I could even if I wanted to... And if this back ache doesn't feck off I might resort to it!!!! lol

Yea was thinking maybe its baby moving down a bit further.. If that's the case I'll deal with it (I've no choice in the matter either way!!!)
Its only painful/uncomfortable when I wipe after the loo so its not too bad...

I had what your talking about swollen and was sensitive kind of raw and even stung when I wiped and had swollen walls inside aswell it happened as soon as I found out I was preg around 6 weeks, the symptoms pointed to thrush but it went away after around a week x

I had similar weeks ago.. But turned out it was just the SPD as had tonne loads of walking and I think it might have been when we were painting/wallpapering baby's room.. Was similar in that it felt swollen but now its "low" too... And so tender... I dunno how you'r inserting EPO as I don't think I could even if I wanted to... And if this back ache doesn't feck off I might resort to it!!!! lol Yea was thinking maybe its baby moving down a bit further.. If that's the case I'll deal with it (I've no choice in the matter either way!!!) Its only painful/uncomfortable when I wipe after the loo so its not too bad...

Oh mines not painful hun x just was swollen. No pain or anything though... May be worth getting checked in case it's infection or whatever? Xx

Oh mines not painful hun x just was swollen. No pain or anything though... May be worth getting checked in case it's infection or whatever? Xx
No its not painful at all... Just tender to touch from swelling if that makes sense???

I had it for the last few weeks I was pregnant, when I had a peek it was really quite swollen and almost looked like a varicose vein? I tried to keep my legs up when sitting as it was def worse towards the end of the day. I also found toilet paper made it worse as it's dry so I started using the wet toilet paper wipes from sainsburys tho you can get them from Wilkos etc. absolutely no soap down there as well though made it better, less irritated.
I was worried it wouldn't go afterwards but it has and it's fine now.
I did find sometimes though if it was a bit irritated and itchy (sorry if tmi) that putting some canesten cream on it helped as it calmed it down and kept it moist (def tmi now, sorry!)

I had what your talking about swollen and was sensitive kind of raw and even stung when I wiped and had swollen walls inside aswell it happened as soon as I found out I was preg around 6 weeks, the symptoms pointed to thrush but it went away after around a week x
I had similar, though not quite so severe, very early on too... Its a different swelling...
If that makes ANY sense... lol x

I had it for the last few weeks I was pregnant, when I had a peek it was really quite swollen and almost looked like a varicose vein? I tried to keep my legs up when sitting as it was def worse towards the end of the day. I also found toilet paper made it worse as it's dry so I started using the wet toilet paper wipes from sainsburys tho you can get them from Wilkos etc. absolutely no soap down there as well though made it better, less irritated.
I was worried it wouldn't go afterwards but it has and it's fine now.
I did find sometimes though if it was a bit irritated and itchy (sorry if tmi) that putting some canesten cream on it helped as it calmed it down and kept it moist (def tmi now, sorry!)

Yea i'll try keeping my feet up when am sitting.. Though I seem to be sitting on my ball allot lately.. Even when not bouncing as I find our sofa is too slouched and hurts my back :(
But I do like to lay flat with my feet up over the back :) I don't allow myself do it too often though coz it pulls at the cushion.. But its medicinal ;) ha ha

I've not been using any soap down there since having mild thrush early on so that's grand.. Will pick up some moist toilet tissues.. Was going to the other day but thought they might irritate... Am assuming water wipes would be grand?? Have loads of them in :)

Yea i'll try keeping my feet up when am sitting.. Though I seem to be sitting on my ball allot lately.. Even when not bouncing as I find our sofa is too slouched and hurts my back :(
But I do like to lay flat with my feet up over the back :) I don't allow myself do it too often though coz it pulls at the cushion.. But its medicinal ;) ha ha

I've not been using any soap down there since having mild thrush early on so that's grand.. Will pick up some moist toilet tissues.. Was going to the other day but thought they might irritate... Am assuming water wipes would be grand?? Have loads of them in :)

Aye would have thought they would be fine. I had nothing like that to try but a free pack of the Andrex toilet tissue stuff so just stuck with own brand stuff after that. They are ace for sore bits and stitches afterwards as well. Nice and soft but make sure you're clean! :)

Hi ladies...TMI post...

Just been to toilet and when wiped had quite a bit of snotty looking discharge on the tissue... (Even more TMI) it was a white/greeny colour - looked like snot if I'm honest and was about the size of a 50p piece, so IF my plug probably wasn't all of it.

What do you think? Do you think it could be my plug? Xx

Back