Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Awww xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Cole is 15 months next week and I have NO idea where that time has gone, he didn't seem to stay a baby long because he crawled at 7 months and walked at 10 so I had a toddler before I knew it!! He's not a huge fan of talking yet, says mamma & mum, dad, nana, grandad, grandma, Isla (his cousin) and Sarah!! Which is amusing but I have to correct him, he's not calling me bloody Sarah!! Should have been starting to ttc number two this month but decided to put it back until December now.
Glad everyone is well. Can't believe how time is flying for us all!!xx

Love That Cole says Sarah haha x

Love That Cole says Sarah haha x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

It's definitely cute but he's not allowed!!x

I'm here :) Though not as much as I used to be, need to try to get back into it to keep me on track. Almost 36 weeks now and very, very ready for Baby C to appear!

Hi lovely ladies! Quick Q! I was just reading on babycentre about my (almost) 13 month old, and it says that nutritionists etc recommend no more than 350mls cow's milk a day? At the moment I'm still giving Amelia x2 9oz bottles a day which works out at 511mls in total. Do you think I should cut a bottle out? What do you ladies do? What are your routines??

Our current routine (as it was before she turned 1) is to have a full bottle in the morning, and then about half hr later she has her breakfast (usually a bowl of lots of different fruits). She'll have a snack mid-morning (some raisins, an organix oaty bar or something) lunch about 12-1pm, then 1-2hr nap, a snack (usually fruit of some sort) about 3pm and then dinner anywhere between 4:30pm-5:30pm. She'll then have her bath/bottle about 6:30-7pm and usually in bed by 7pm.

I could cut out the morning bottle, or maybe just give her half a bottle? so 4.5oz/127mls so that she's only having a total of 380mls ish daily? What do you reckon? xx

Thomas has his breakfast then his milk in the morning, a snack, his lunch, a snack then tea. His bottle is usually around half hour to an hour after his tea and half hour before his bed.

He has 2 180ml now, think I gradually cut it down from 8oz when he started taking more food x

Could you give amelia more for breakfast. Oliver has fruit, cereal and toast! He is having about 6oz morning and 6oz before bed, as well as yogurt and cheese which all contributes to overal calcium. Personally I would give amelia what she wants. We only reduced Oliver's milk because he wasn't drinking it all and just increased his food. X

Thanks girls! I'm tempted to give Amelia her bowl of fruit as usual, and a bowl of cereal to go with it. That way she's still getting her whole milk, but filling up on some oats etc too. And she's still getting lots of goodness from the fruit. She can still enjoy a full bottle of milk to go to bed with I think as she does still drink the whole lot! lol She loves her bottle of milk before bedtime xx

Are those with over 1's all on normal milk now?
I've only recently decided to change so currently doing 4oz formula and 2oz milk.

Are those with over 1's all on normal milk now?
I've only recently decided to change so currently doing 4oz formula and 2oz milk.

I was probably a bit naughty! Amelia had the odd bottle of cows milk at 11mths, and by 11 and a half mths was on cows milk for all bottles xx I think you can give them formula for as long as you want though really, it's personal preference xx

Cole still has about 7-8oz three times a day. He asks for a drink of milk so I'm not going to deny him it. He goes to the fridge and points at me to open the door then grabs the carton of milk. I live drinking milk, I can drink pints of it, so he's just taking after mummy x

I am late for doing it lol
What about bottles are you still using those or what have you switched to? X

I still use a bottle too for milk xxx

We changed to a cup probably when she was around 18m. She had dropped her milk intake anyway as she had milk with cereal and cheese/yog etc so she only has milk at bedtime. When she started asking for it during the day I used to give it her cold in a cup so she learnt the difference between night and day as it were! Then over the course of a week or two I offered it in a cup at night. Sometimes she would have it, sometimes she would cry and want a bottle so I would decant it. I kept offering and she hasn't had a bottle since. See what works for you. X

Next question lol
What are good lunch ideas? Feel stuck in a rut!
Tea is normally ok as he eats what we have.

If anyone's about, I have just bought the Natal Hypnotherapy CD's by Maggie Howell (highly recommended apparently!) so will let you know how I get on! Will be interested to see if it has an impact on my labour/birth! xx

Back