Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I hope your op goes well Susie and it sorts out the issues you're having.

I think I'm the only one who didn't have an episiotomy but only because I had a c section instead! :/ We've not done well between us! xxx

No Sarah you're quite right. We've all done badly on the labour/birth front but we have some very beautiful babies to show for it! Hopefully those that are coming along behind will be more lucky! Xx

No Sarah you're quite right. We've all done badly on the labour/birth front but we have some very beautiful babies to show for it! Hopefully those that are coming along behind will be more lucky! Xx

We do indeed and they're all very much worth it <3 I do hope we get a nice birth story soon though! xxx

Hi Susie. Just read your post and I'm due to have a very similar surgery to yourself in the next few months. I have a tight band of scar tissue due to a burst episiotomy that prevents me stretching and makes DTD in certain positions excruciating.
I was told that the surgery may improve this dramatically or I could be left exactly as I am now.um scared that things will be worse tho as I'm a terrible healer! I have also been told if I have the surgery and have another child I am not allowed to have a vaginal birth.

I hope it goes well and things improve greatly for you. Good luck. Xx

Hi Susie. Just read your post and I'm due to have a very similar surgery to yourself in the next few months. I have a tight band of scar tissue due to a burst episiotomy that prevents me stretching and makes DTD in certain positions excruciating.
I was told that the surgery may improve this dramatically or I could be left exactly as I am now.um scared that things will be worse tho as I'm a terrible healer! I have also been told if I have the surgery and have another child I am not allowed to have a vaginal birth.

I hope it goes well and things improve greatly for you. Good luck. Xx

You too, like you, I'm worried it won't work but I can't live with it as it is! The consultant said to me that she would see how I get on afterwards with ref to future babies. Like she said though, having a c-section is a once or twice in a life time event (for something like this) whereas if I had another baby vaginally and problems were caused she might not be able to mend it next time and then it's a whole lifetime issue! I know which I would rather have. The things we go through for our babies!! Xxx

Dunno if my waters just started to go?! Was having a wee... Then something felt like bubbles came thru with it? Felt like more than just wee!?

Ooh keep us updated! Mine went with a pop but if it's more of a leak then I guess it could feel like bubbles? If it is your waters it'll keep coming every so often so you'll know! xxx

Dunno if my waters just started to go?! Was having a wee... Then something felt like bubbles came thru with it? Felt like more than just wee!?

Ooh exciting! Hope it is :) even though they broke my when they were coming out all night I felt like I was weeing but with no control over it. Definitely put a pad on so it can be checked if necessary x

Put a pad on as they'll want to check it if you end up going in - exciting!!! :-D x

Ok so question for mummy's, Bella is now 2 weeks old. Charles has been amazing and doing the night shift since we got home from hospital so I could recover a bit. Bella has been so settled with him until the last couple of days (around the time she started with colic) the last couple of nights he has woken me up really stressed out with Bella screaming inconsolably :( I manage to settle her even tho I can see she isn't comfortable, is it just that I'm her mum and what she needs at the moment? Do you think she's picking up on his stress as he doesn't know what to do to console her? Any other babies just want their mums?

Might be a simple question but thought I'd ask? X

Ok so question for mummy's, Bella is now 2 weeks old. Charles has been amazing and doing the night shift since we got home from hospital so I could recover a bit. Bella has been so settled with him until the last couple of days (around the time she started with colic) the last couple of nights he has woken me up really stressed out with Bella screaming inconsolably :( I manage to settle her even tho I can see she isn't comfortable, is it just that I'm her mum and what she needs at the moment? Do you think she's picking up on his stress as he doesn't know what to do to console her? Any other babies just want their mums? Might be a simple question but thought I'd ask? X

I think babies do just want their mummies at that age, we're all they know. Especially if they feel poorly. Colin used to feel frustrated because Seth wouldn't settle for him at all, it really upset him and he'd end up frustrated and annoyed because nothing he did seemed to help which Seth then picked up on. He used to say that he was worried that Seth didn't like him which upset me too.

It seems to have got better though as Seth's got older and now he loves having cuddles with daddy. In fact daddy gets more smiles than I do!

I dunno whether it was different with us though because Seth just sees me as food so if he's hungry Colin isn't good enough! Either way it is improving as he gets older and Colin's getting more confident with him now, the first few weeks really knocked his confidence but it's coming back. Hang in there xxx

This happens with my trend but the the other way round, her husband will go to bed and the baby screams for hours she wakes him up to say something must be wrong and the baby (4weeks old) settles straight off in daddies arms.
I think that babies definitely pick up on the stress and anxiety of the parents. Hope Bella gets over her colic soon x

I think it's normal for them to want us sometimes, we smell familiar and they know what our heartbeat sounds like.
Has he tried skin to skin? Benn wasn't too keen to begin with but once he got used to it and she really settled on his chest he loved it. To start with she was a really wriggly sausage and so unsettled until we realised his deodorant was really strong smelling (and mine isn't at all) so he changed that and also put a worn top of mine under her head so it smelled of me and then we slowly removed it and after a day or two she would settle and sleep really well on his chest. Advantage of this at night time is if you undo their baby grow a little bit just so their chest is exposed you can still do skin to skin without getting them undressed so then when they fall asleep you can gently put them down and do it up and go back to sleep......xxxx good luck you will be fine xxx

I think babies do just want their mummies at that age, we're all they know. Especially if they feel poorly. Colin used to feel frustrated because Seth wouldn't settle for him at all, it really upset him and he'd end up frustrated and annoyed because nothing he did seemed to help which Seth then picked up on. He used to say that he was worried that Seth didn't like him which upset me too.

It seems to have got better though as Seth's got older and now he loves having cuddles with daddy. In fact daddy gets more smiles than I do!

I dunno whether it was different with us though because Seth just sees me as food so if he's hungry Colin isn't good enough! Either way it is improving as he gets older and Colin's getting more confident with him now, the first few weeks really knocked his confidence but it's coming back. Hang in there xxx

It's just really sad that they had such a bond the first week or so, Charles said to me yesterday and the night before "I don't think she likes me" and that hurt so much :(
I know it will get better, she'll be a daddy's girl for sure but it's making the early days hard and I want to enjoy every moment xx

This happens with my trend but the the other way round, her husband will go to bed and the baby screams for hours she wakes him up to say something must be wrong and the baby (4weeks old) settles straight off in daddies arms.
I think that babies definitely pick up on the stress and anxiety of the parents. Hope Bella gets over her colic soon x

Thank you for your reply, this is what happened the first few days with us too, these babies eh xx

I think it's normal for them to want us sometimes, we smell familiar and they know what our heartbeat sounds like.
Has he tried skin to skin? Benn wasn't too keen to begin with but once he got used to it and she really settled on his chest he loved it. To start with she was a really wriggly sausage and so unsettled until we realised his deodorant was really strong smelling (and mine isn't at all) so he changed that and also put a worn top of mine under her head so it smelled of me and then we slowly removed it and after a day or two she would settle and sleep really well on his chest. Advantage of this at night time is if you undo their baby grow a little bit just so their chest is exposed you can still do skin to skin without getting them undressed so then when they fall asleep you can gently put them down and do it up and go back to sleep......xxxx good luck you will be fine xxx

He has been doing skin to skin but think he has got frustrated the last few nights and given up. It's interesting what you say about the deodorant, will ask him to change it and also try a top of mine - to be honest he prob needs a bit more patience as well. Thank you for the tips Susie xx

You too, like you, I'm worried it won't work but I can't live with it as it is! The consultant said to me that she would see how I get on afterwards with ref to future babies. Like she said though, having a c-section is a once or twice in a life time event (for something like this) whereas if I had another baby vaginally and problems were caused she might not be able to mend it next time and then it's a whole lifetime issue! I know which I would rather have. The things we go through for our babies!! Xxx

Hi Susie. It's a nightmare isn't it. Like you me and my partner had a gud sex life before but now I'm too scared to do anything because of the pain.

5 months it took for my episiotomy to close as it burst right open and they would not restitch as I had a bad infection. I can't believe after everything we are still suffering!

Best of luck for your op. Fingers crossed it will go very well and you will be back to your old self again. Xx

Ok so question for mummy's, Bella is now 2 weeks old. Charles has been amazing and doing the night shift since we got home from hospital so I could recover a bit. Bella has been so settled with him until the last couple of days (around the time she started with colic) the last couple of nights he has woken me up really stressed out with Bella screaming inconsolably :( I manage to settle her even tho I can see she isn't comfortable, is it just that I'm her mum and what she needs at the moment? Do you think she's picking up on his stress as he doesn't know what to do to console her? Any other babies just want their mums? Might be a simple question but thought I'd ask? X

I think babies do like their mummy's for comfort and milk. It's similar with Oliver. I feel for Paul because he gets upset when he can't settle Oliver. I don't think there is an answer but reassure our partners that they are doing an amazing job x

It's just really sad that they had such a bond the first week or so, Charles said to me yesterday and the night before "I don't think she likes me" and that hurt so much :( I know it will get better, she'll be a daddy's girl for sure but it's making the early days hard and I want to enjoy every moment xx

I think babies do like their mummy's for comfort and milk. It's similar with Oliver. I feel for Paul because he gets upset when he can't settle Oliver. I don't think there is an answer but reassure our partners that they are doing an amazing job x

It's tough for the men, they haven't got the 9 months of physical bonding with baby that we have. As Seth gets older though his relationship with Colin just gets better and better after the little dip. He still gets frustrated sometimes when Seth won't settle but now Seth's getting into his toys Colin loves playing with him and they have tonnes of fun and I get a little break ;) Plus we've both realised how much Seth picks up on our stress so we try really hard to reign it in. Which is tough when you're naturally anxious like me! So Seth still wants me for food and comfort primarily but he wants Colin for play and fun and he'll settle with him much better than he used to.

Like Penny said, I just try to reassure him of what a good daddy he is and it is slowly getting easier. It's another one of those things about having a baby that no one tells you! xxx

Ladies, Cole's belly button has 'popped' out. It doesn't bother him in the slightest and doesn't look sore but it feels spongy when I touch it. Could it be a hernia? Freaking out that he might need an op!!! Health visitor is coming tomorrow so I'll ask her and he's got his 6-8 week check with doctor on Thursday too so I'll mention it then as well but worried now because my step mum (who's seen a LOT of babies) says she's never seen one like it before :(

This is it....

image-908571283.jpg

Back