Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I have that Olbas Oil, although I've not used it yet. The thing with that story that gets me is why would you put it next to a child, tell them not touch it as it's dangerous and then leave them alone with it? Obviously what happened (if it's true - I don't believe a lot of FB stuff) is horrible and nobody deserves that. And if it is true then it should carry visible warnings. Scary stuff.

I know it sounds awful but I generally automatically disbelieve most things like this that get posted on fb as half of them turn out to be hoaxes. Not saying this one definitely is of course! I would say with anything like this it's always best to keep medicines etc out of your child's reach, natural doesn't mean harmless. We used to get people in Lush asking for skincare help with massive red patches where they'd applied neat tea tree oil to their faces - that stuff burns!

Its something that is true but as you say why would she of even put it near her child and tell not to touch! :/ Would you put hot drink or something near a child and say dont touch.. Nope!

Mmm. Can any of you remember karvol? We used to have that as kids but mum use to put it on a proper hanky and put it between the pillow and pillow case so we couldn't get it out? Maybe could do the same with olbas oil and put it under the sheet. Will consider for future anyway!

Mmm. Can any of you remember karvol? We used to have that as kids but mum use to put it on a proper hanky and put it between the pillow and pillow case so we couldn't get it out? Maybe could do the same with olbas oil and put it under the sheet. Will consider for future anyway!

Ooh I loved Karvol, I used to open the capsules just to smell it, even if I didn't have cold. Do they still sell it?x

Ladies with babies. Bedtime advice....
Cole usually goes to bed at 8.30-9ish, wakes for a bottle at 2.30 and 5.30 then wants to get up at 6-6.30. Last night we were late going to bed so he had a bottle and slept from 10.30-3.30 then woke at 7. Think I'm gonna start taking him to bed later, no point getting up for two feeds in the night when he wants to get up no later than 7am anyway. Then as he drops his night feed off start sliding his bedtime back by 15 mins a night until it's about 8pm ish. What do you all do?

Ladies with babies. Bedtime advice.... Cole usually goes to bed at 8.30-9ish, wakes for a bottle at 2.30 and 5.30 then wants to get up at 6-6.30. Last night we were late going to bed so he had a bottle and slept from 10.30-3.30 then woke at 7. Think I'm gonna start taking him to bed later, no point getting up for two feeds in the night when he wants to get up no later than 7am anyway. Then as he drops his night feed off start sliding his bedtime back by 15 mins a night until it's about 8pm ish. What do you all do?
Seth normally falls asleep at about 10.30-11.30 until 1. He has his bottle feed then and depending on how lucky we are he'll either sleep until 7/8 if we're lucky or 4.30 if we're not. So basically I'm probably a bad person to ask as Seth is not consistent at all! Then again I'm not actively trying to get him into a routine at the mo so we're just being lead by him and what he wants to do, although I would like to start bringing bedtime forward a bit... The night before he slept from 1 til 8 but last night it was 12 til 3.30 and then 5 til 8...

Seth normally falls asleep at about 10.30-11.30 until 1. He has his bottle feed then and depending on how lucky we are he'll either sleep until 7/8 if we're lucky or 4.30 if we're not. So basically I'm probably a bad person to ask as Seth is not consistent at all! Then again I'm not actively trying to get him into a routine at the mo so we're just being lead by him and what he wants to do, although I would like to start bringing bedtime forward a bit... The night before he slept from 1 til 8 but last night it was 12 til 3.30 and then 5 til 8...

I'm not trying to get Cole into a routine as such. Everyone keeps going on about this feeding every four hours business but I don't eat every four hours so don't expect him to. He's kind of put himself into the sleeping routine so am just gonna go with it, was just thinking if I can drop it back a bit we'll only be woke up once in the night as it take me a good hour or so to get back to sleep. I suppose it's different with bf babies too, I've obviously no experience of that so I've no idea how they sleep xx

I'm not trying to get Cole into a routine as such. Everyone keeps going on about this feeding every four hours business but I don't eat every four hours so don't expect him to. He's kind of put himself into the sleeping routine so am just gonna go with it, was just thinking if I can drop it back a bit we'll only be woke up once in the night as it take me a good hour or so to get back to sleep. I suppose it's different with bf babies too, I've obviously no experience of that so I've no idea how they sleep xx

I think they just sleep how often they want to lol! I find that Seth won't sleep for more than 2/3 hours after a breastfeed but he'll sleep much longer after a bottle feed usually. Although not always - the boy is a mystery!

We're planning to try and move bedtime forward a bit but it's a case of being woken less in the night like you say. It took my two hours to get Seth back to sleep today and I was wide awake by the time he nodded off :/

Sorry, pressed send!
So as I was saying...
We used to keep Abbie down with us until we all went to bed, but noticed that after about 4 weeks Abbie wasn't sleeping as well downstairs with us and getting really fussy and cross so we started putting her upstairs after a feed at about 6.30pm where she fell asleep no problem. She would then wake and feed about 10ish, when we went to bed. To begin with she then woke about 2ish and then 5ish but over time the 2ish one became later to 3ish and the 5ish one disappeared and she then woke about 7. This continued for ages until about 3.5months and then she just didn't wake up! We did and started wondering is she ok! Even went and poked her one night. But she was fine and started waking about 6-6.30am.
We always woke her before bed to feed and change about 10.30 (if she didn't wake) as on a few evenings we hadn't, got into bed and fell asleep to be woken half an hr later!
She then started refusing the 10pm feed when she was about 6.5months and has slept through 7-7since....but I/she is quite unusual. Most bf babies don't behave like this!
Xx

Wow Susie 7-7 NICE!!

Ladies who formula feed... How much roughly did your newborns take at each feed? :) xx

Ladies who formula feed... How much roughly did your newborns take at each feed? :) xx

I'm mostly breast feeding but expressing, he started on 2oz but within a few days had moved to 3 and just before he was a week he moved to 4 which he's still on now and he's 3 weeks tomorrow xxx

Thanks hun x I'm ff and I just want to see if this is normal for a 9lb 8oz bubba:

I've been making 2oz bottles and for the first day would take anywhere between 1/2 oz and 1oz. Yesterday it was anywhere between 1 1/2oz and 2 1/2oz and today she's having a minimum of 2oz, nearly 3. Does this seem ok? I just want to make sure she's getting enough xxx

That is how much my little boy had. He soon shot up to 4oz bottles as he was a hungry boy! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's absolutely fine Jess. Here's what I found on another website...

newborn-stomach-size1.jpg

Sounds normal, sure she will let you know if still hungry hehe :) xxx

Phew! Although looks like she's eating too much going by that diagram lol she's 4 days tomorrow and I think will probably do 3oz x that said she is 2 weeks overdue and is a chunk ;) :) x oh and she feeds every 4 hours roughly xx

Back