Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Ps: to all new mummies... How do you deal with experiencing love like no other?! I'm so overwhelmed by how much I love my daughter. I can't believe me and John made her. It's amazing and I can't wait for all you mummies to be to experience this :) xxx

Ps: to all new mummies... How do you deal with experiencing love like no other?! I'm so overwhelmed by how much I love my daughter. I can't believe me and John made her. It's amazing and I can't wait for all you mummies to be to experience this :) xxx

I kiss Rebecca a LOT and spend hours just looking at her and telling her how much I love her! both mike and I have said numerous times "how can you love someone so much so quickly?!" Its just the best feeling in the world. As you say cannot wait for all the mummies to be to experience it :) xx

Phew! Although looks like she's eating too much going by that diagram lol she's 4 days tomorrow and I think will probably do 3oz x that said she is 2 weeks overdue and is a chunk ;) :) x oh and she feeds every 4 hours roughly xx

Bella was 9.4 and started on 3oz ever 3 hours recommended by special care at the hospital.
She's 4 weeks now and has 4oz every 3 hours xx

Bella was 9.4 and started on 3oz ever 3 hours recommended by special care at the hospital xx

Thanks hun x sounds about right then xx

I don't know tbh. I don't think I ever experienced that overwhelming rush of love thing.

God that sounds awful, I do love him and I'm glad we have him. But I never had that full on 'I love him more than life itself' thing. I feel massively protective of him and would do absolutely anything for him but I think the love has come slowly over time and is still coming now. When he was first born he was like a little stranger in a lot of ways, I never knew what to do or how to make him better when he cried. It was like he came from nowhere and someone handed him to me. I couldn't connect the baby I'd carried and him, which I know sounds weird! It took a while for things to settle and for us to bond but we are getting there slowly and as he grows I'm sure it'll only get better. The feeding problems haven't helped but again that's something that's slowly improving.

I have no ideal whether this normal or not, it doesn't seem to be judging by everyone's experiences on here. I'm sorry if this seems really negative, I'm just being honest and I'm not one for being fluffy or dressing things up as you know! It's something I needed to get out there and I wouldn't want anyone else who felt like this feeling that there were the only one. xxx

Missy you're not the only one, don't worry!

Jess re feeding just be guided by her, if she wants more give her more, as you says she's a chunk and overdue babies tend to increase faster than teeny tiny baby's. Sounds like she's doing well! Xx

Ladies who formula feed... How much roughly did your newborns take at each feed? :) xx
Eabha was having 30ml for the first 2 days... Then up to 60ml the next couple of days n now has 90-120ml... Every 3.5-4hours...
My PHN says she'll tell me what's enough. If she does take too much, she'll spit up... But apparently newborns don't overfed.. They take what they want/need xxx
I just cried for the first day every time I looked at Eabha. It's just the most overwhelming feeling ever...

It's such a strange feeling. Me and Tom were only just saying neither of us believes in love at first sight, we both think you've got to get to know someone to love them, but yet we both loved Cole instantly and love him more every day. I'm so proud that we made him. I still look at him when I'm on my own with him and have a little cry that I'm finally a mummy. Wait until she starts doing little things. Cole had been smiling a while but one day he just turned to me, looked right into my eyes and gave me the biggest smile. I was a total wreck, bet he wondered what was going on with all the tears!!! Xxx

Missy you're not the only one, don't worry! Jess re feeding just be guided by her, if she wants more give her more, as you says she's a chunk and overdue babies tend to increase faster than teeny tiny baby's. Sounds like she's doing well! Xx

It feels like I am. I didn't even cry when he was born. I just feel a bit numb sometimes, like I don't know what I feel. Tbh at the moment I feel completely inadequate, I find it hard not to compare myself to everyone else and I'm clearly not a natural mum like you all are. I'm not saying I don't love him, please no one think that. Just that I don't recognise this all consuming instant love thing that you're all talking about. I wish I did xxx

It feels like I am. I didn't even cry when he was born. I just feel a bit numb sometimes, like I don't know what I feel. Tbh at the moment I feel completely inadequate, I find it hard not to compare myself to everyone else and I'm clearly not a natural mum like you all are. I'm not saying I don't love him, please no one think that. Just that I don't recognise this all consuming instant love thing that you're all talking about. I wish I did xxx

Sarah, in no way are you inadequate at all. You had it tough in your pregnancy and having an emergency section must have been hard. I don't mean to sound patronising but maybe your history of depression has something to do with it? Plus you've had it tough with breast feeding too. With all those things added up there's no wonder you feel like that. But, trust me, you are doing an amazing job and we all know how much you love Seth. If you didn't would you have stuck to bf so long? Making yourself knackered to make sure your little man is fed and happy. How is that not being a natural mum?? You are!! And you're a bloody good mum as well xxx

I for one didn't cry when Stevie was born. Even when he was taken away for assistance I just stared numb (then asked for has and air as the stitching up was painful!!)

I think looking back now the first few months were up and down for me and feelings. Cos of the general pain and additional operations I had to have I 'blamed' him. I then got cross that night he wouldn't sleep and I don't know if I was cross with Stevie or hubby for leaving me to do it all!!

It took me time to get used to having him around and at 13 weeks I went back to work... Things changed again. I missed him and look forward to coming home to him. I also get upset now of he is asleep in bed before I get home!!

Everyone is different Sarah, you're not doing anything wrong xxx

I don't think I experienced the overwhelming surge of love for Bella - I do love her with all my heart and the overwhelming feeling I have for her is to protect her but I have spent a lot of the last 4 weeks being concerned about her and worried that I'm not doing right by her (not breastfeeding, feeling frustrated when she screams for what feels like no reason, missing my relationship with Charles and just desperately craving some time for myself) I think her being taken away from me the night she was born really effected my feelings, looking back I was exhausted after a 4 day labour and quite traumatised by the birth and it's taken up until this week to not feel terrified of her! I'm not really sure what's changed but I feel a lot more confident with her, maybe we've just got to know each other. :)

Xx

Sarah, in no way are you inadequate at all. You had it tough in your pregnancy and having an emergency section must have been hard. I don't mean to sound patronising but maybe your history of depression has something to do with it? Plus you've had it tough with breast feeding too. With all those things added up there's no wonder you feel like that. But, trust me, you are doing an amazing job and we all know how much you love Seth. If you didn't would you have stuck to bf so long? Making yourself knackered to make sure your little man is fed and happy. How is that not being a natural mum?? You are!! And you're a bloody good mum as well xxx

She has said it all Sarah xxx

I couldn't have said this better myself. Missy, you are an amazing natural mummy please never doubt that xxxxx

I didn't cry with Jacob been born due to the trauma, drugs and he been taken away... But I do tell you now Jacob is 3 in June and I still have the moments and cry to the fact of how much I love him and how proud of every little thing he does and progresses in!!

So it doesn't get easier!! Lol

New mammies... Prob common sense but I had leggings on Eabha yesterday n it really bothered her. Didn't realise it was them til I took them off!!! Gave her awful trapped wind. Was only when I took them off for bed n she start farting like mad that I realised... So just beware... Anything across their little tummy can upset them...
These weren't tight either... Just had a band which her little digestive system couldn't cope with...
Just thought as it wasn't so obvious to me... It might not be to others rather than little ones suffering...

When i had my first boy, i loved him but my first feeling was of being scared, i didn't know what to do with him and felt out of my depth, it lasted weeks too, when Carl went back to work after two weeks i was a nervous wreck till i got used to being on my own with him, think i wasn't confidant enough that i could look after him on my own, with Freddie i couldn't wait to have the baby stage back because callum is all grown up, he was a hard baby to cope with though, he had colic and cried all the time but when he got to 3 and started nursery it broke my heart because he wasn't my little baby anymore i used to cry on the way home after dropping him off for the first few weeks. That was when i wanted another baby and had to convince hubby because we both didnt want another with how hard callum was as a baby. But Freddie is a good baby and i had that love feeling straight away with him, god i spun that out just to say my first i was scared and second i had the loving feeling, Haha :) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Have to admit I was quite daunted when J went back to work that first day... Though Éabha was only 3 days old when he went back and I was still quite sore n it took me a minute to get moving when i'd stand up so i was more worried she's be distressed waiting for a feed or bum change...

Firstly missy there is no doubt you're a fab mum. Just look at Seth. Also you're sitting on that sofa, bf him all the time, surely that is a sign of love?

I did cry when Oliver was born. I think it was a mix of relief and realisation that we had our son that we had made. I do love him to bits, absolute unconditional love, but I will admit the first few days were tough and I did wonder how id cope. I think a lot of that was due to bf and troubles I was having with that.

Missy they have said it all but I do agree. Not everyone has the overwhelming rush, I didn't and I know some of my friends didn't, one in particular I can think of.
In the same way not everyone is affectionate in public with their partner or says 'I love you' every day but it doesn't mean they don't.
You clearly love going out and about with Seth and are enjoying him growing up and doing new things.
Easy for me to say I know but try not to worry about what's perceived as the 'right' thing to do, you know what's best for you and Seth and you're doing a grand job xxxx

Back