Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

You can start them off alternating their bottles so they have one normal and one hungry milk see how he gets on. I started my little boy on hungry milk at about 8-9 weeks with no issues as he was a really hungry baby. He will tell you if it agrees with him, it is essentially the same product it isnt heavier on their stomachs but just takes longer to digest x

Aw really? I'll give that a try. Anything is worth a try and he might start sleeping through too :) thanks x

It won't do him any harm...why don't you try it? It can make them a bit constipated so you might need to give him a little bit of water. If it doesn't suit move him back to the normal? Or do both? Hope he settles soon xx

Hi Susie, I was thinking of trying Bella on 1 hungry milk bottle a day (last evening feed) would this mean she wouldn't be satisfied with her normal milk? Also I have been giving Bella water for constipation, how many ounces would you advise in a day? x

Hi girls hoping for some hospital bag help ..
This is what I have packed so far.. what else do I need ?

For me
2 x nightshirts for labour
2 x comfy pairs of pjs for after baby is born
Bag of toiletries
Dressing gown and slippers
Maternity pads and breast pads
Outfit for coming home

For baby
4 x vests
4 x sleepsuits
2 x cardigans
Hats and scratch mits
2 x blankets
Muslins
Changing bag ( fully stocked !)
Sterile bottles and formula just in case ( hoping to bf)

My lil boy lucas was on hungrier baby milk it did make him constipated but we kept at it and it worked!!defo worth a go xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Clothes for coming home and make sure your clothes are accessible for BF if you can.
Maybe a camera although tbh we mostly used our phones.
Take some snacks and juice maybe, I found straws useful as I couldn't really move much after xx

Hi girls hoping for some hospital bag help .. This is what I have packed so far.. what else do I need ? For me 2 x nightshirts for labour 2 x comfy pairs of pjs for after baby is born Bag of toiletries Dressing gown and slippers Maternity pads and breast pads Outfit for coming home For baby 4 x vests 4 x sleepsuits 2 x cardigans Hats and scratch mits 2 x blankets Muslins Changing bag ( fully stocked !) Sterile bottles and formula just in case ( hoping to bf)

Do u have to take own formula into hospital? I thought they provided this xx

It depends - my hospital do but I know a lot don't now. Definitely best to check first! x

Hi girls hoping for some hospital bag help ..
This is what I have packed so far.. what else do I need ?

For me
2 x nightshirts for labour
2 x comfy pairs of pjs for after baby is born
Bag of toiletries
Dressing gown and slippers
Maternity pads and breast pads
Outfit for coming home

For baby
4 x vests
4 x sleepsuits
2 x cardigans
Hats and scratch mits
2 x blankets
Muslins
Changing bag ( fully stocked !)
Sterile bottles and formula just in case ( hoping to bf)
Right i needed more than 2 nightshirts for labour, as it was a long one so changed more....

id also take maybe 3 pj bottoms and lots knickers/fatpants! my bleeding was awful afterwards and leaked a fair few times i ran out of pj bottoms as it was bad :/

take magazines/puzzle book incase have time to waste.
phone charger a must! all hospitals say dont use their plugs but most midwifes allow you to.
camera if phone camera not too good.
spare change but more for partner.
lipbalm, i had bad chap lips after gas & air.
brush and bobbles/grips
wipes for freshing up. Makeup if you use all time.
like said above with coming home outfit, also with pjs you want bf friendly if you choose to bf.
clean bra

ermmm i think thats most what i took.

you got most for baby sorted. also dummy if/incase you decide to use. also some socks for baby!

ooo i cant wait to start packing our bags ready for hospital!! xx

It depends - my hospital do but I know a lot don't now. Definitely best to check first! x
yes most hospitals now do not supply. Where i live they used to until end of 2011 it changed. x

Hi girls hoping for some hospital bag help .. This is what I have packed so far.. what else do I need ? For me 2 x nightshirts for labour 2 x comfy pairs of pjs for after baby is born Bag of toiletries Dressing gown and slippers Maternity pads and breast pads Outfit for coming home For baby 4 x vests 4 x sleepsuits 2 x cardigans Hats and scratch mits 2 x blankets Muslins Changing bag ( fully stocked !) Sterile bottles and formula just in case ( hoping to bf)

I would add:

Massive pants! And lots of pairs of them lol. Plus at least two packs of maternity pads, I got through one before I was even in established labour.
An empty bottle for filling up with drinking water.
Lip balm for your toiletry bag, I found gas and air made my lips really dry!
Make sure the baby clothes are in a variety of sizes - we were caught out by Seth being so skinny and little and hardly anything we had fitted him.

I would have a bag of spares ready too just in case you have to stay in longer. I was in for five days so had to get Colin to keep running in with stuff for me and he brought the wrong things a few times like too big baby clothes and pants two sizes too small lol ;) It's amazing how many baby clothes you get through as well - Seth was the spit up long for his first few days and we got through a lot of outfit changes! xxx

Definitely lots of knickers and pjs. I was induced and my waters went whilst in hospital so went through 2 or 3 pairs of pj bottoms, about 10 pairs of pants and a whole pack of maternity pads before I'd even gone into labour!!

Yep, similar here. My waters went at home but I was hanging around hospital with them randomly gushing for a day and a half before Seth was born so I went through tonnes of pads and knickers. Thank goodness for the hospital shop! xxx

Right i needed more than 2 nightshirts for labour, as it was a long one so changed more.... id also take maybe 3 pj bottoms and lots knickers/fatpants! my bleeding was awful afterwards and leaked a fair few times i ran out of pj bottoms as it was bad :/ take magazines/puzzle book incase have time to waste. phone charger a must! all hospitals say dont use their plugs but most midwifes allow you to. camera if phone camera not too good. spare change but more for partner. lipbalm, i had bad chap lips after gas & air. brush and bobbles/grips wipes for freshing up. Makeup if you use all time. like said above with coming home outfit, also with pjs you want bf friendly if you choose to bf. clean bra ermmm i think thats most what i took. you got most for baby sorted. also dummy if/incase you decide to use. also some socks for baby! ooo i cant wait to start packing our bags ready for hospital!! xx yes most hospitals now do not supply. Where i live they used to until end of 2011 it changed. x

So how many bottles do u take in or would u take the ready made ones u can buy? as in formula already in the bottles x x

Missy, am I ok, do I need formula just in case??

id take the bottles you can buy with ready made formula in. even if BF... just incase.. x

Brill thanks. I'll double check with my midwife xx

Missy, am I ok, do I need formula just in case??

They gave formula out while I was there, I heard girls asking for it and the midwives were asking what brand they wanted. So unless it's changed in the last three months you should be ok but I'd double check just in case xxx

Girls, I've already said on the other thread that we've bought Ewan the Dream Sheep but needed to say it here too....it's amazing!!! Put it in Cole's cot, put him down wide awake, covered him up then just walked out of the room. He fidgeted and grumbled for about 5 minutes then went straight to sleep!! I've used it twice this afternoon at my dads too and he slept in a proper cot for the first time. It only plays white noise for 20 minutes but it's enough to get him to sleep. I don't want to have to play white noise all the time he's asleep so 20 minutes is perfect :) Well worth the £29.99!!!

Thank you so much everyone , this is super helpful .
Did any of you take your own towel for showering or do the hospital provide these ?

Another question ..
Did any of you feel different on the days leading up to your labour or would you say there were any signs or changes that happened that made you aware you were close ?

Probably a bit of a silly question but just curious as to whether I am going to feel different or whether it will just happen unexpectedly if you get what I mean?!

They gave formula out while I was there, I heard girls asking for it and the midwives were asking what brand they wanted. So unless it's changed in the last three months you should be ok but I'd double check just in case xxx

Thank you I'll check :)

Back