Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Thank you so much everyone , this is super helpful . Did any of you take your own towel for showering or do the hospital provide these ? Another question .. Did any of you feel different on the days leading up to your labour or would you say there were any signs or changes that happened that made you aware you were close ? Probably a bit of a silly question but just curious as to whether I am going to feel different or whether it will just happen unexpectedly if you get what I mean?!

I took my own towel but ended up not using it as the hospital provided them and I decided that I'd rather mess up their towels than my own lol ;)

Nothing made me aware at the time but in retrospect I was horribly emotional the day my waters broke. I had a massive meltdown at SW and sobbed like a baby over nothing! No physical signs though, I was getting period pain, back ache and BH for weeks leading up to that day and although early labour for me was a slightly more intense version of those pains there was no massive difference.

I was so worried about going into labour or my waters breaking by myself and having no warning but in the end it was fine as it happened so suddenly I didn't have time to worry! xxx

Hi everyone!

Maybe a little but negative for on here but not sure where else to ask as I know you girls are great!!

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and I've had some dark redish brown spotting on the toilet tissue, more in the morning and not so noticeable last night.

I went to gp last night, he felt my stomach and just said I need to go to early pregnancy unit for a scan, wjoch will probably be tomorrow.

Firstly have any of you had this and were things ok for you?

Also is it likely they will even be able to hear a heartbeat at 6 weeks or will they just know from looking, if that makes any sense!

I'm not getting my hopes up too much and i'm the sort of person who is always expecting something to go wrong when something good happens and have great oh and family but just wanted to know of any other experiences.

Thanks girls x x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi everyone! Maybe a little but negative for on here but not sure where else to ask as I know you girls are great!! I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and I've had some dark redish brown spotting on the toilet tissue, more in the morning and not so noticeable last night. I went to gp last night, he felt my stomach and just said I need to go to early pregnancy unit for a scan, wjoch will probably be tomorrow. Firstly have any of you had this and were things ok for you? Also is it likely they will even be able to hear a heartbeat at 6 weeks or will they just know from looking, if that makes any sense! I'm not getting my hopes up too much and i'm the sort of person who is always expecting something to go wrong when something good happens and have great oh and family but just wanted to know of any other experiences. Thanks girls x x Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Kelly x

Firstly, I know it's so incredibly hard but try not to panic too much x

I had bleeding at just over 4 weeks and had to have a scan at 5+6 weeks too x at that scan they could see the fetus but no heartbeat - told me not to worry though as could still be too early to see the HB on the scan - had to go back at 6+5 for a re-scan and fortunately there was a lovely little HB there x I bled a bit through early pregnancy - again at 7+3 where I was then diagnosed with a cervical ectropion/erosion - but to be honest spotting can be so common in pregnancy. I bled again at 15 weeks x

With me the bleeding/spotting was just one of those things and didn't effect my pregnancy at all - my little girl ended up being 2 weeks overdue and is now here :) so try not to worry xx

I hope everything goes well and good luck at your scan xxxxx

I've had a MC at 6wks, I had brown spotting for about 8-10 days. I MC after 7-8 days .. Very upsetting.

The other option is that it's implantation bleeding.

Good that you went to the doctor and your getting an early scan. I hope every thing is ok

Hi everyone! Maybe a little but negative for on here but not sure where else to ask as I know you girls are great!! I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and I've had some dark redish brown spotting on the toilet tissue, more in the morning and not so noticeable last night. I went to gp last night, he felt my stomach and just said I need to go to early pregnancy unit for a scan, wjoch will probably be tomorrow. Firstly have any of you had this and were things ok for you? Also is it likely they will even be able to hear a heartbeat at 6 weeks or will they just know from looking, if that makes any sense! I'm not getting my hopes up too much and i'm the sort of person who is always expecting something to go wrong when something good happens and have great oh and family but just wanted to know of any other experiences. Thanks girls x x Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Kelly

I had a bleed at 7 & 11 weeks. It was exactly like yours sounds. TMI but had you been for a number two? Apparently having a poo can make your cervix bleed slightly!! I was already booked in for a scan at 7 weeks as I'd been under a fertility consultant and they said they wouldn't book me in sooner than that as the heartbeat isn't always visible so soon. But then I knew someone who had a 6 week scan and did see the heartbeat. I think they look for a pregnancy sack this early but not 100%. Everything was fine with both my bleeds and I'm sat looking at my 11 week old baby boy right now :D
I think quite a few of the girls on here also had bleeds for one reason or another so plenty of reassuring stories for you xx

I had a little bleed at 7 weeks, they warned me that the scan might not show anything but we saw a little heartbeat on the scan <3 My little boy was perfectly fine and is now 3 months old!

I think early bleeds are pretty common, lots of us seem to have had them. I know it's tough but try not to worry. Let us know how you get on xxx

Hi Kelly xx try not to worry, I've had bleeds throughout this pregnancy all for unknown reasons, I had a scan at 6+2 and was told not to worry if they didn't see a HB as it was early days but there it was strong and fast on the screen, I really hope all is well and this is just the start of baby keeping you on your toes throughout! Xx

Hey Kelly
Yup me too I has a scan at 6 weeks but they couldn't see the heartbeat so booked me in for a week later and all was fine I'm now almost 37 weeks. It's really hard but try to stay positive and don't stress look after yourself xx

Good luck with your scan Kelly, hope all is ok xx
I had a scan at 5 weeks and couldn't hear anything then had one at 7 weeks and could hear the heartbeat xx

The primark ones are every bit as good as the GroBag ones girls. N much more cute (very important!!! Lol)
Eabha's the same. Hates her arms being restricted but when she's upset, a good swaddles in her fleece blanket calms her...

I also have a groegg to keep the room at the right temperature. N tbh, without it I'd have the room way too hot for her coz for me it feels quite chilly!! Obviously not while I'm under the duvet but to wander round!!
Eabha also has really cold hands, all the time, so that's why I bought the gro suits... Tho obviously it doesn't bother her as she'd let me know if she was uncomfortable!!!

He this must be a standard baby thing then, Seth has one restless leg! Makes me laugh so much when he's kicking away with one leg lol ;)

Hmmm... I have that shaky leg!!! Jonathan calls me baby (always did) coz if he turns the light off to watch a movie... I fall asleep!! N when I'm tired my leg starts going ha ha

Thank you so much everyone , this is super helpful . Did any of you take your own towel for showering or do the hospital provide these ? Another question .. Did any of you feel different on the days leading up to your labour or would you say there were any signs or changes that happened that made you aware you were close ? Probably a bit of a silly question but just curious as to whether I am going to feel different or whether it will just happen unexpectedly if you get what I mean?!

I took my own towels but they never let me shower while there!!! But yes, take ur own xx

I felt different the day I went into labour. I can't tell u how... Just not right. I said to J about 4pm I didn't feel right n he asked what was up... But I couldn't tell him. I dunno what felt different... But I didn't feel right...
But I'd none if the "obvious" symptoms that ppl look for. Like, I hadn't period type cramping r no "emptying/clear out"... I just didn't feel "right"
Prob not much help there as not able to explain it...

Hi everyone!

Maybe a little but negative for on here but not sure where else to ask as I know you girls are great!!

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and I've had some dark redish brown spotting on the toilet tissue, more in the morning and not so noticeable last night.

I went to gp last night, he felt my stomach and just said I need to go to early pregnancy unit for a scan, wjoch will probably be tomorrow.

Firstly have any of you had this and were things ok for you?

Also is it likely they will even be able to hear a heartbeat at 6 weeks or will they just know from looking, if that makes any sense!

I'm not getting my hopes up too much and i'm the sort of person who is always expecting something to go wrong when something good happens and have great oh and family but just wanted to know of any other experiences.

Thanks girls x x

hi Kelly...it is a mixture with us all to be honest...some girls have had bleeding in early pregnancy and been absolutely fine....unfortunately im not one of those. I have had 2 miscarriages before I was blessed with my little boy. The first one I started apotting and bleeding and then miscarried (this was after having a scan and seeing baby and seeing a heartbeat at 8 weeks) and the second one was a 'missed miscarriage' where I hadnt had any bleeding or anything but went to the scan and there was no heartbeat...I then naturally miscarried a few weeks later.

I hope all goes well at your scan and hope to God that the bleeding is just 'one of those things' that a lot of women do get and everything is fine xx

Kelly I too experienced a few bleeds during pregnancy which all turned out to be nothing ..
I think someone else mentioned that sometimes the bleeding occurs from straining for a number 2 ( sorry tmi but this has happened with me a couple of times as pregnancy can make you struggle to go ) sometimes the bleeding can occur around your what would be your normal 'time of the month .' Other explanations that I was given at the hospital were that sometimes a scratch on the cervix can cause a bleed , sex can bring on a bleed and sometimes there is no explanation at all some women bleed on and off all the way throughout their pregnancy for no reason.
Hopefully its nothing but your doing the right thing by getting checked over .
Fingers crossed everything goes ok try not to worry xxxx

Kelly the fact it's brown n not red is a good thing as its a sign it old blood... N not a fresh bleed. But always get checked if there's a bleed. Just to b safe. Hopefully it's things screeching/growing n all is OK xxx

Had my 31 week midwife check and all is well with baby Baker- he/she even gave midwife a kick as she was feeling my bump :D

Scary to think the next time I see midwife I'll be 34 weeks :eek:

Thanks so much for all your experiences. Sorry to hear some of you have had losses but great to hear the positive stories since!

Scan booked for for tomorrow morning, both me and oh have got to tell work as can't just have time off so last minute without a good reason!

Fingers crossed we get to find out straight away rather than going back to be re scanned.

Will let you all know tomorrow and thanks so much again x x

Thanks so much for all your experiences. Sorry to hear some of you have had losses but great to hear the positive stories since!

Scan booked for for tomorrow morning, both me and oh have got to tell work as can't just have time off so last minute without a good reason!

Fingers crossed we get to find out straight away rather than going back to be re scanned.

Will let you all know tomorrow and thanks so much again x x

Good luck hun x truly hope it all goes well for you and you have a positive experience xxx

Thanks so much for all your experiences. Sorry to hear some of you have had losses but great to hear the positive stories since! Scan booked for for tomorrow morning, both me and oh have got to tell work as can't just have time off so last minute without a good reason! Fingers crossed we get to find out straight away rather than going back to be re scanned. Will let you all know tomorrow and thanks so much again x x Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good luck Hun. Praying it's good news for you x

Back