Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

No me either!!! I feel awful for all ur hubby's reading that. N thankfully J didn't have to see r go they anything like it. He said was gross the amount of blood he saw n the placenta made him wana spew but that's as bad as it got for him

I'm so glad I never saw the placenta tbh, does not sound nice!

In some ways it was easier for Colin blood n gore wise as he couldn't see anything over the screen. But emotions wise he found it really hard, he said the worst bit was waiting for the second epi to be done as I was really struggling by that point and there was nothing he could do. Once he knew what was going on and that the section was going ahead he said he was actually relieved as he knew it'd all be over soon, plus the theatre staff were mega professional and he had total confidence in them looking after us well.

I still find it hard to believe that it was only three months ago this all happened - it feels like years have passed! xxx

God, reading all of that - we are HARDCORE aren't we ladies? Xxx

I didn't realise silver section was so much more private, I'm just in the main SW forum and not always open in my diary as worried about who could read it... How do I move to Silver section? X

It's rank missy. Looked like a big red octopus... Wish I'd not seen it lol
I seen it lifted up as J was out of the room (in the adjoining toilet/ shower room) when she delivered it. Do I saw it lifted out of me n into the test. He said he was glad he wasn't there n he'd hav prob been sick ha ha

Nelly just mail one if the moderators x

It's rank missy. Looked like a big red octopus... Wish I'd not seen it lol I seen it lifted up as J was out of the room (in the adjoining toilet/ shower room) when she delivered it. Do I saw it lifted out of me n into the test. He said he was glad he wasn't there n he'd hav prob been sick ha ha Nelly just mail one if the moderators x

Ew, that sounds mega grim! I didn't see any blood, lucky really as I bled quite a bit apparently.

It's nice to have some new neighbours in silver members, I was getting lonely in there lol ;) xxx

Ew, that sounds mega grim! I didn't see any blood, lucky really as I bled quite a bit apparently. It's nice to have some new neighbours in silver members, I was getting lonely in there lol ;) xxx

Tom said it looked horrible. He said they literally pulled it out of me and slopped it onto the floor!! I'm glad I never saw it, it was bad enough when I googled placentas!! Eurgh. Xx

It's rank missy. Looked like a big red octopus... Wish I'd not seen it lol I seen it lifted up as J was out of the room (in the adjoining toilet/ shower room) when she delivered it. Do I saw it lifted out of me n into the test. He said he was glad he wasn't there n he'd hav prob been sick ha ha Nelly just mail one if the moderators x

Sadly I saw mine in a bowl on the table. It is beyond rank. It looked a living thing to be honest. Way bigger than I ever thought it would be. Can't believe some people eat it. Rank! X

Ewwee girls spare a thought for us mummies to be who are yet to experience this horror lol!!
The joys of childbirth eh?! Xxx

I thought the placenta was fascinating. I didn't see it this time but I have before. I'm generally squeamish but I couldn't help but wonder at the placenta that gave my baby life.

I won't be doing it again though, I'm both relieved and sad about it. Good luck to all the mums waiting for their baby.

Ew, that sounds mega grim! I didn't see any blood, lucky really as I bled quite a bit apparently.

It's nice to have some new neighbours in silver members, I was getting lonely in there lol ;) xxx
Have requested to be moved.. So there'll be another there soon (hopefully) to keep you company :)
Tom said it looked horrible. He said they literally pulled it out of me and slopped it onto the floor!! I'm glad I never saw it, it was bad enough when I googled placentas!! Eurgh. Xx
To the floor?? Eww.. She took mine n put it in a steel bowl on the table
That's where J seen it.. So he didn't have the pleasure of seeing the full thing..

Then a second midwife came in n started cutting it up??? No idea why as she didn't really talk to us at all just came in n done what she was doing...

Yea Cake.. It is quite amazing when you think of it like that

Have requested to be moved.. So there'll be another there soon (hopefully) to keep you company :) To the floor?? Eww.. She took mine n put it in a steel bowl on the table That's where J seen it.. So he didn't have the pleasure of seeing the full thing.. Then a second midwife came in n started cutting it up??? No idea why as she didn't really talk to us at all just came in n done what she was doing... Yea Cake.. It is quite amazing when you think of it like that

Yep on the floor. Then someone else picked it up, apparently! I obviously didn't see any of this which I'm more than pleased about!!

Girls do ye hang baby's washing out on the washing line???
We've fab weather here today n have just find a baby wash... But don't know if I wana hang it out on the line... Kinda defeats the purpose of using dettol in her wash....????

Girls do ye hang baby's washing out on the washing line??? We've fab weather here today n have just find a baby wash... But don't know if I wana hang it out on the line... Kinda defeats the purpose of using dettol in her wash....????

Omg I never thought if that - before Stevie was born in August I washed his clothes and dried them on the washing line without giving it a thought (nothing bad happened to him!! Lol)

It's totally up to you tho as I don't use dettol in his wash...I just wash his stuff like I do ours xx

Girls do ye hang baby's washing out on the washing line??? We've fab weather here today n have just find a baby wash... But don't know if I wana hang it out on the line... Kinda defeats the purpose of using dettol in her wash....????

I never thought of that!! I've just put a wash on and cleaned the washing line but now I'm thinking the same as you? Sorry I can't be any help, hoping someone can help the pair of us!!

I have come to the conclusion (and need to share with the people yet to have a baby) that yes giving birth is painful, but being sleep deprived for months is the true killer!!

Stevie is 24 weeks old and has never slept through (gave me one night where he almost after his jabs)

Last night was dire!!

Went to bed at 7
Awake for 9:30 - bottle (7oz)
Awake for 1:15 - bottle (5oz)
Awake for 3:30 - bottle (6oz)
Awake 4:15, 4:40, 5:10, 5:30....all for a dummy and cuddle...
Awake for the day at 6am...

I slept from 10:30-1:15, 2-3:30...then don't feel like I've slept much since!! :-(
My eye is twitching like I'm winking at everything and everyone...

There is not enough chocolate in the world to pick me up today (but I'll give it a good go!!) lol xx

Ew, that sounds mega grim! I didn't see any blood, lucky really as I bled quite a bit apparently. It's nice to have some new neighbours in silver members, I was getting lonely in there lol ;) xxx

I've been in the silver section throughout as I found out some work colleagues were reading my diary they started referring to stuff that I'd only ever shared on here! :-/ ahh well they obviously had nothing better to do than read up on me lol

I've been in the silver section throughout as I found out some work colleagues were reading my diary they started referring to stuff that I'd only ever shared on here! :-/ ahh well they obviously had nothing better to do than read up on me lol

What?? That's terrible!! I'd have been fuming. I don't mention here to anyone. If I ever talk about you all I just say 'a forum I go on'. I don't tell them what it's called.

What?? That's terrible!! I'd have been fuming. I don't mention here to anyone. If I ever talk about you all I just say 'a forum I go on'. I don't tell them what it's called.

I mentioned that I went in a forum and when I was on nights one night someone looked over my shoulder and saw my username and from there it kept getting mentioned, until I moved it to silver!

Sarah I asked in my Irish forum too n they all gang them out...

Well I cant now, it just started flipping raining!! But thanks, good to know it cant hurt as I HATE the airers being out in the house (part of my ocd, lol), I don't dry on radiators and we don't have a tumble dryer anymore so line it is....when the rain stops, that is.

Back