Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

On the baby clothes subject, has anyone brought anything from John Lewis? Just wondering what the sizing is like as we get 25% discount lol! What about Tesco? I've started buying quite a few bits from there as it's on my doorstep and the sizes look good, but until I have a little one to dress, it's hard to say. And also how soon did you start dressing your little ones in 'proper' outfits (like dresses, etc)? As I've seen some some seriously lovely stuff by Ted Baker in his Baby Baker range and as my surname is Baker I really want to buy some! But it's rather expensive and I'm thinking it's not worth it until it's maybe a special occasion??

Honestly, next time I have a baby I won't bother with many outfits, I'll stick to sleep suits. I've just packed LOADS of clothes away that Cole has never been in. I have him mainly in sleep suits, which is why I got the ones from next. I've put him in outfits but only on the odd occasion and he always seemed uncomfortable with trousers round his tummy. I've got a Ted Baker sleep suit which is lovely. X

Yes I've had it. Don't know what it is but it comes and goes. Gets itchy as well sometimes. I just moisturise. What breast pads do you use? I have found lansinoh to be the best. No itchiness or problems and they are mega absorbent! X

I need to try those, I've only tried Boots and Johnsons so far and they're both mega itchy. Luckily I only need breast pads at night, can't stand the things! xxx

Honestly, next time I have a baby I won't bother with many outfits, I'll stick to sleep suits. I've just packed LOADS of clothes away that Cole has never been in. I have him mainly in sleep suits, which is why I got the ones from next. I've put him in outfits but only on the odd occasion and he always seemed uncomfortable with trousers round his tummy. I've got a Ted Baker sleep suit which is lovely. X

Me too. Though I've been given quite a bit of hand me down stuff from others but especially now she is bigger and moving more sleep suits are best I think. She does have outfits and certainly over the hot summer romper suit things without feet etc were brilliant but def next time will stick with more sleep suits.
Agree with Sarah on the layers front though, they do have advantages xx

On the baby clothes subject, has anyone brought anything from John Lewis?
Just wondering what the sizing is like as we get 25% discount lol!
What about Tesco?
I've started buying quite a few bits from there as it's on my doorstep and the sizes look good, but until I have a little one to dress, it's hard to say.

And also how soon did you start dressing your little ones in 'proper' outfits (like dresses, etc)? As I've seen some some seriously lovely stuff by Ted Baker in his Baby Baker range and as my surname is Baker I really want to buy some! But it's rather expensive and I'm thinking it's not worth it until it's maybe a special occasion??

Tesco newborn was great for Eabha as they fitted her properly. But she was quite small so others prob didn't like them as much.
It's so hard to say til bubs is actually here. I'd say get a pack r 2 of sleepsuits n if u need more, get them when baby's here n if ya don't get much use out if then I've not wasted much!
We don't have John Lewis over here so can't help there
Baby Baker are grand. Wash great n sizing us grand. But go by their weight rather than age..

And as for clothes it's up to u. U can get teeny stuff.
Personally I keep Eabha in sleepsuits as the one time I "dressed" her in leggings n a cute top she suffered terrible with trapped wind from having the band across her tummy :(
Danni noticed the same only recently with Thomas...

I need to try those, I've only tried Boots and Johnsons so far and they're both mega itchy. Luckily I only need breast pads at night, can't stand the things! xxx

Super drug ones I found great. But then I only used them a few days til my milk dried up so dunno how they'd b for u bf mums x

And as for clothes it's up to u. U can get teeny stuff. Personally I keep Eabha in sleepsuits as the one time I "dressed" her in leggings n a cute top she suffered terrible with trapped wind from having the band across her tummy :( Danni noticed the same only recently with Thomas...

Yeah need to watch out for that!
If we're going out places I sometimes put proper clothes on him and tend to strip him down to his vest in house once we're home.
Can also be changed several times a day with sick, spit up, peeing and pooing! Lol although sometimes he never needs to change clothes through day x

Hope all you mummies and to be's are all getting on alright. Seems I haven't spoken to everyone for ages! It was only a weekend away too lol.

I'm finally in the 10 week countdown, well to EDD anyway! Eeekk :D

Hope all you mummies and to be's are all getting on alright. Seems I haven't spoken to everyone for ages! It was only a weekend away too lol. I'm finally in the 10 week countdown, well to EDD anyway! Eeekk :D

Ooh single figures!!! Excited for you. Glad you had a nice weekend away. Is Chester zoo worth the money? We're thinking of going in the summer to meet Tom's parents xx

I just took Tom to work and was watching Cole in his car seat in the mirror. We've still got the head hugger in it and he was strapped in tightly and safely as always, so can't move his shoulders, but he's starting to lean forwards with his head. I've been practicing pulling him into a sitting position so whenever he's slightly laid back he wants to pull himself up now. Only thing is, he fell asleep and his head was flopped forwards so I had to keep reaching back to push it back into the head hugger. Anyone else's little ones do this? Paranoid because I read a story about a baby choking/suffocating when her head flopped forwards in her car seat :/

I just took Tom to work and was watching Cole in his car seat in the mirror. We've still got the head hugger in it and he was strapped in tightly and safely as always, so can't move his shoulders, but he's starting to lean forwards with his head. I've been practicing pulling him into a sitting position so whenever he's slightly laid back he wants to pull himself up now. Only thing is, he fell asleep and his head was flopped forwards so I had to keep reaching back to push it back into the head hugger. Anyone else's little ones do this? Paranoid because I read a story about a baby choking/suffocating when her head flopped forwards in her car seat :/

Can't say I had noticed but ours is quite laid back. She tended to turn hers to the side rather than forwards. She does flop forwards sometimes now that I've sat her up a bit but she still tends to flop sidewards instead. Don't quite know what to suggest! X

Can't say I had noticed but ours is quite laid back. She tended to turn hers to the side rather than forwards. She does flop forwards sometimes now that I've sat her up a bit but she still tends to flop sidewards instead. Don't quite know what to suggest! X

Think I'll just have to keep an eye on him. Luckily I've got a head rest mirror so I can see him when I look in my rear view mirror. He's still quite laid back, he's just pulling forwards more. He's just a nosey sod x

Thomas has done this a couple of times when he's sleeping, don't know how to stop it either :-/
I need one of those mirrors for when it's just me and him, I sit in the back when H is driving.

Hi girls just wondered at what points your baby's head was engaged ? X

I was engaged by 34 week appointment. Dunno at what point she engaged tho as I didn't notice any change really...

Girls, in the same way that Cai warned us about Mars Bars falling into our mouths at certain points of our babies development I feel it only fair to warn you all that a box of flapjack found itself in my house today and I just ate half!! Cole is 12 weeks old today and, according to my app, about to start his next growth spurt/leap. Coincidence??

Hi girls just wondered at what points your baby's head was engaged ? X

From a professional perspective we tend to say baby should be head down by 36 weeks and start engaging from there and be fully engaged by full term (if it's your first) but from personal experience I can't say as I really noticed. She was head down from really early on so I never got the difficulty breathing and then the sudden 'lightening' as she dropped. She never went completely engaged until I was in labour as she was big and in slightly the wrong position. Same as I never had the uncomfortable 'bowling-ball-between-legs' feeling.
How many weeks are you now hun? Xx

Back