Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Girls, in the same way that Cai warned us about Mars Bars falling into our mouths at certain points of our babies development I feel it only fair to warn you all that a box of flapjack found itself in my house today and I just ate half!! Cole is 12 weeks old today and, according to my app, about to start his next growth spurt/leap. Coincidence??
Aw Sarah I'd have assumed he'd have another week r 2 til he hit that seen as he was early?? Good luck.. Tho thankfully its only a 1 week one.. You should have just finished a 2 week leap so if you could get through that, a week will be no bother...

Girls, in the same way that Cai warned us about Mars Bars falling into our mouths at certain points of our babies development I feel it only fair to warn you all that a box of flapjack found itself in my house today and I just ate half!! Cole is 12 weeks old today and, according to my app, about to start his next growth spurt/leap. Coincidence??

Thanks for the warning. I think if you read closely the app mentions this as a side effect of the next leap!!

Aw Sarah I'd have assumed he'd have another week r 2 til he hit that seen as he was early?? Good luck.. Tho thankfully its only a 1 week one.. You should have just finished a 2 week leap so if you could get through that, a week will be no bother...

It said to go by his due date and he was 6 days early. The app says two days to go then there's a rain cloud. Eek!! His spurts tend to affect him in the evening and he goes to bed at 7 anyway so they're not horrendous.

Thanks for the warning. I think if you read closely the app mentions this as a side effect of the next leap!!

Hm, good job I'm not starting WW until Monday ;)

It said to go by his due date and he was 6 days early. The app says two days to go then there's a rain cloud. Eek!! His spurts tend to affect him in the evening and he goes to bed at 7 anyway so they're not horrendous.
Oh God so this is the 4th leap he's going through?? The one that lasts week 15 - 19?? Oh bless you!!! Lets hope more boxes of those flapjacks land in your house somehow

Oh God so this is the 4th leap he's going through?? The one that lasts week 15 - 19?? Oh bless you!!! Lets hope more boxes of those flapjacks land in your house somehow

This is what my app says, so I've got the week 15-19 on the horizon after this one. Eeeeeek

image-1993254944.jpg

Girls I've just ordered myself a Pink Lining changing bag!!
I got a voucher code from Bounty for a website called Precious Little One. It meant instead of it being £79 I got it for £36.95 :)
Been wanting one since I saw Missy post a pic of hers on her diary and I was going to look about at the weekend but Bounty must have known and they sent me an email this morning...
I've also ordered a Chicco Go Carrier as it was half price on same website and I needed to spend £50 to get free delivery!!
It's got excellent reviews and was only £14.99 :)
I don't know if the voucher code will work for anyone else (for the bag) but here it is, if anyone wants to try: plg26

Offer ends 31st March

Girls I've just ordered myself a Pink Lining changing bag!! I got a voucher code from Bounty for a website called Precious Little One. It meant instead of it being £79 I got it for £36.95 :) Been wanting one since I saw Missy post a pic of hers on her diary and I was going to look about at the weekend but Bounty must have known and they sent me an email this morning... I've also ordered a Chicco Go Carrier as it was half price on same website and I needed to spend £50 to get free delivery!! It's got excellent reviews and was only £14.99 :) I don't know if the voucher code will work for anyone else (for the bag) but here it is, if anyone wants to try: plg26 Offer ends 31st March

I LOVE my PL changing bag. I got mine in the sale for £40 :) It's got loads of different compartments. I still manage to overfill it though ;) think I'd overfill a suitcase if I took one out with me!!

I LOVE my PL changing bag. I got mine in the sale for £40 :) It's got loads of different compartments. I still manage to overfill it though ;) think I'd overfill a suitcase if I took one out with me!!
Practically all my Mummy friends have got PL changing bags and I remembered how highly rated they are on here so it was a no brainer!
Can't wait for it to arrive! :)

From a professional perspective we tend to say baby should be head down by 36 weeks and start engaging from there and be fully engaged by full term (if it's your first) but from personal experience I can't say as I really noticed. She was head down from really early on so I never got the difficulty breathing and then the sudden 'lightening' as she dropped. She never went completely engaged until I was in labour as she was big and in slightly the wrong position. Same as I never had the uncomfortable 'bowling-ball-between-legs' feeling. How many weeks are you now hun? Xx

Oh ok thanks Susie :) at my last appointment it said 4/5 engaged but when I saw the consultant on Monday he said baby not engaged yet .. I guess it doesn't really make a difference at this stage .
I will be 37 weeks on Friday eeek finally full term ! X

Oh ok thanks Susie :) at my last appointment it said 4/5 engaged but when I saw the consultant on Monday he said baby not engaged yet .. I guess it doesn't really make a difference at this stage .
I will be 37 weeks on Friday eeek finally full term ! X
Eeek that's exciting!!! Means baby could come any time...
I'll be 33 weeks on Saturday so means I have 4 weeks until I'm full term!
And I think baby's head is down as I feel really heavy around my pelvis!

This is what my app says, so I've got the week 15-19 on the horizon after this one. Eeeeeek

View attachment 130636
Oh sorry.. I'd have assumed as he is 12 weeks but would only be 10 going edd.. He'd only be at 10 weeks on the leap counter... God its confusing.. (and I've also just realised I added 2 weeks instead of taking them away... duuuh)

[h=3]Reduce the risk of SIDS[/h]Cot death or SIDS is rare, but the risks can be reduced by the following measures:

• Always place your baby to sleep on his/her back (remember ‘back to sleep’). Babies put to sleep on their fronts are more at risk of cot death. The risk of cot death is intermediate for babies put to sleep on their sides, however many may roll forward from this position.
  • Put your baby to sleep with their feet at the bottom of the cot
  • Keep your baby in a smoke-free zone at all times, and don’t smoke during pregnancy
  • The safest place for your baby to sleep at night during the first six months is in a cot in your room
  • Don’t dress your baby too warmly and keep his/her head uncovered for sleep.
  • Cot bumpers, soft toys and pillows are not recommended in the first year, as there is a risk of suffocation
  • Never sleep with your baby on the couch or in an armchair
  • Don’t fall asleep with your baby in your bed if you or your partner have been drinking, have smoked or taken drugs, or if you are excessively tired.
[h=3]The facts about SIDS[/h]Campaigns, such as the Back to Sleep campaign which encourages parents to put their child to sleep on their back, have highlighted many of the risk factors and educated parents and carers. In Ireland in the 1980s, the rate of SIDS was 2.3 per 1000 births (approximately 134 per year). In 2004, the rate of SIDS was 0.55 per 1000 births (approximately 34 per year).
Remember that less than 1 in 1000 babies die from cot death, so while it is important to take precautions, don’t let the risk stop you from enjoying your baby and his/her first months

Oh sorry.. I'd have assumed as he is 12 weeks but would only be 10 going edd.. He'd only be at 10 weeks on the leap counter... God its confusing.. (and I've also just realised I added 2 weeks instead of taking them away... duuuh)

It confused me with putting in his due date and him being early. They'll do what they want when they want, I suppose, but the charts are a good indication.

It confused me with putting in his due date and him being early. They'll do what they want when they want, I suppose, but the charts are a good indication.

That's the way I'm looking at it, it's just a guide really but a very interesting one. You can't set a baby to a schedule, they don't know the rules ;) xxx

I think there should be an app developed to warn us about these things!! Lol x

I think there should be an app developed to warn us about these things!! Lol x

Definitely should. I'm dreading what happens when I go back to work because Cole will be just over a year old and I might eat a full cake!!x

Definitely should. I'm dreading what happens when I go back to work because Cole will be just over a year old and I might eat a full cake!!x

Well Stevie will be 6 months in 2 weeks....is that half a cake?? I will let u know! :-D hehe.

I think the birthday celebrations I have planned for Stevie already is going to result in cake, cup cakes and proper old school party foods I've not had in years!! Jelly and ice cream, mini sausages, crisps that look like wheels!! Lol I can't wait (but also want him to stay a baby!!!) xx

Well Stevie will be 6 months in 2 weeks....is that half a cake?? I will let u know! :-D hehe. I think the birthday celebrations I have planned for Stevie already is going to result in cake, cup cakes and proper old school party foods I've not had in years!! Jelly and ice cream, mini sausages, crisps that look like wheels!! Lol I can't wait (but also want him to stay a baby!!!) xx

I can't wait to plan birthday parties! I love kids parties :D I love baking cakes too, I already have my eye on a Star Wars baking tin and a pirate ship baking tin lol ;) And of course I will have to practice making cake and taste it...

This is where I feel sorry for Cole, with having his birthday on NYE. Once he's older everyone will be able to go out for his birthday but while he's little he's going to have to have his parties the week after. Tom says he's going to tell him that the fireworks are all for him though :D

Back