Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

It's a bit crap for anyone who has their birthday around Christmas/new year. Seth's is the week before Christmas so I'm going to have to work hard to make sure his birthday isn't overshadowed!

My birthday is the end if November n I can confirm.... It sucks!!!!!
As a kid u get 1 present for both from family... Which... As a kid u don't understand. U just think they're being tight!!
As an adult I hate ppl spending on me so it's ok... But u can get a very small crowd when organising a birthday drinks night!!!!

Am I a terrible mammy already?? I don't plan on having a birthday party for E for her first birthday... (J might have something to say about this... I've not yet mentioned it lol)

My birthday is the end if November n I can confirm.... It sucks!!!!!
As a kid u get 1 present for both from family... Which... As a kid u don't understand. U just think they're being tight!!
As an adult I hate ppl spending on me so it's ok... But u can get a very small crowd when organising a birthday drinks night!!!!

Am I a terrible mammy already?? I don't plan on having a birthday party for E for her first birthday... (J might have something to say about this... I've not yet mentioned it lol)

We are the same...we have said we will have a birthday tea (or BBQ since it's end of June) but just for family. It gets a bit out of hand otherwise! Xx

We are the same...we have said we will have a birthday tea (or BBQ since it's end of June) but just for family. It gets a bit out of hand otherwise! Xx

I just can't be doing with kids running round high on sugar wrecking my house... I know that sounds terrible as kids will b kids... But let them be kids in someone else's house ;)

Plus it'll mean everyone feeding Eabha crap!!! N I don't want that...

I'm also a late November baby so I can remember the 'joint' presents I used to get from family as a child!
Now I make a point of having a whole week of celebrations haha!!
My little one will be a May baby so I would imagine we'd just do a little birthday tea with family for first few years, esp as it's so close to June, when everyone in my and hubby's families have birthdays!!!

I'm also a late November baby so I can remember the 'joint' presents I used to get from family as a child!
Now I make a point of having a whole week of celebrations haha!!
My little one will be a May baby so I would imagine we'd just do a little birthday tea with family for first few years, esp as it's so close to June, when everyone in my and hubby's families have birthdays!!!

They sucked didn't they??
Done wud skip ur birthday n give u Christmas present for both... Felt real special!!!!! Lol

Ooh single figures!!! Excited for you. Glad you had a nice weekend away. Is Chester zoo worth the money? We're thinking of going in the summer to meet Tom's parents xx

I know!! We got it included in a weekend away thing so not sure of price but we loved it!

Face painting was really good and they do hand prints and turn to animals 'handimals'

Here's Jacob been a lion :)
ForumRunner_20140326_102548.png

And he chose the penguins, there is so many to pick :)
ForumRunner_20140326_102643.png

Regarding birthdays, for Jacobs first birthday as its 1st June we just had close friends and family in garden and did a BBQ. Was really nice and easy too. X

I just can't be doing with kids running round high on sugar wrecking my house... I know that sounds terrible as kids will b kids... But let them be kids in someone else's house ;) Plus it'll mean everyone feeding Eabha crap!!! N I don't want that...

We're not planning a full on kids party lol, he's only gonna be 1 so he won't really know what's going on! It'll be friends and family having a tea party most likely but I'm totally baking a big birthday cake, mainly cos I want to! ;)

My birthday is the end if November n I can confirm.... It sucks!!!!! As a kid u get 1 present for both from family... Which... As a kid u don't understand. U just think they're being tight!! As an adult I hate ppl spending on me so it's ok... But u can get a very small crowd when organising a birthday drinks night!!!! Am I a terrible mammy already?? I don't plan on having a birthday party for E for her first birthday... (J might have something to say about this... I've not yet mentioned it lol)

I'm not planning on having a party either. On NYE we usually go to my sisters, just my dad and step mum, me and Tom and my sister, bil and nephew. So we've decided they're going to start coming here for tea instead, like finger food. I think what I'll do is make some cupcakes etc and have 'open house' for everyone else so it they want to drop in and see Cole they can. When he's a bit older I'll have parties for him. That was the best thing about my birthday being in June, I could have loads of friends round because we'd just go in the garden and the house didn't get trashed.

With the present thing our families have already been told no joint presents and they agreed. I'd rather they spend less for each but make sure he has Christmas and birthday presents. But because his birthday is only 6 days after Christmas we're going to ask our parents to put together to get him something big for his birthday for the first few years. Like, we want a trike for him for next summer. And Tom wants a battery operated BMW for him so we'll ask people to chip in for that too when he's about 2.

My nephews birthday is christmas eve i always bought two presents, when he started asking for things i may get one more expensive and for christmas say spend £5 so he always had something to open. Now he's old enough i tell him a budget and he says what he wants and why day he wants it that way if he want one big present he knows he wont get anything else but up to him then

More annoying is when they say o just wrapped it in xmas paper and wrote birthday on it, you would do this any other time!!

I have a cousin whose birthday is Xmas Eve and cos his sister is born in May, his parents would throw him a half year birthday party with presents so he didn't miss out.
Now he's 16 so he chooses when he wants a party, etc but he gets separate presents

We have pretty much moved over to formula feeds now. Oliver has 6oz bottles but he is having a lot more than the recommended 5. Probably more like 7. He drinks every bit up and often cries for more. He has water- usually between 4-6oz a day. I don't know whether he should be on hungry baby formula or it's fine just to give him more of the first milk. May ring HV tomorrow? Anyone had similar issues?

Hi girls, quick question...

Amelia is 4 weeks old on Sunday - am I meant to be giving her water? I asked my MW before she discharged me about it and she told me no straight away. Said that if I'm formula feeding then she will be getting everything she needs fluid wise... but it just seems odd doesn't it? Not giving a little human water (although technically the formula is made with water!)

Does anyone have any advice? xx

Hi girls, quick question... Amelia is 4 weeks old on Sunday - am I meant to be giving her water? I asked my MW before she discharged me about it and she told me no straight away. Said that if I'm formula feeding then she will be getting everything she needs fluid wise... but it just seems odd doesn't it? Not giving a little human water (although technically the formula is made with water!) Does anyone have any advice? xx

We were told this week by HV to give Oliver water in between feeds. However if he was not draining all his milk then to reduce water intake. We have only just switched over to formula though so don't know if all babies on formula should have water or because Oliver is now 7 weeks and maybe not younger babies? X

Amelia is 4 weeks old on Sunday - am I meant to be giving her water? I asked my MW before she discharged me about it and she told me no straight away. Said that if I'm formula feeding then she will be getting everything she needs fluid wise... but it just seems odd doesn't it? Not giving a little human water (although technically the formula is made with water!)

Well I was told a few weeks ago that ff babies need a bit of water a day as long as it doesn't replace milk, it's in addition too. It's not going to do her any harm I would say! Xx

We have pretty much moved over to formula feeds now. Oliver has 6oz bottles but he is having a lot more than the recommended 5. Probably more like 7. He drinks every bit up and often cries for more. He has water- usually between 4-6oz a day. I don't know whether he should be on hungry baby formula or it's fine just to give him more of the first milk. May ring HV tomorrow? Anyone had similar issues?

What will you doing they say no....? Just To play devils advocate here!!
Could you get a few cartons? And see how you go? And you could start with a bottle or 2 a day and see how it goes? And then introduce more if needed. Some babies just need 'more'. Xxx

I give Cole a couple of oz of water about midday most days. My midwife said it was ok to give him some. I just think that sometimes they just need a drink rather than a feed. Or Cole seems to, at least. xx

ok ladies heres a question...

when sorting my wet laundry to dry on our old ceiling maids dryer thing,... i want to eat the clothes!! lol.:eek:
it smells so good :confused: anyone had a complete strange craving???x

ok ladies heres a question...

when sorting my wet laundry to dry on our old ceiling maids dryer thing,... i want to eat the clothes!! lol.:eek:
it smells so good :confused: anyone had a complete strange craving???x

Jess that's a sign if low iron apparently..... It's not unusual... But not unusual lol

Jess (princess peach) I've asked the sane question. I asked my mw too before leaving the hosp n she said not to give water. She'd get it from the formula. HV said the same... But I know my mam always gave the babies water n just not sure from what age.

Back