Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I must admit I'm not convinced either- they're cheap enough to buy but then you have to keep buying the refills for them so it's an added expense every week.
And as we are planning to bottle feed, we want to keep costs down so we have money for formula and bottles

I just have a carrier bag on the back of the kitchen door that I change morning and night. I put dirty nappies in a nappy bag. Wee nappies go in but any with poo in go straight outside in the wheelie bin. But I hate bins in general. The only one in our house is the kitchen bin that gets changed every day. I don't have one upstairs - any rubbish comes straight down as it's made

I just have a carrier bag on the back of the kitchen door that I change morning and night. I put dirty nappies in a nappy bag. Wee nappies go in but any with poo in go straight outside in the wheelie bin. But I hate bins in general. The only one in our house is the kitchen bin that gets changed every day. I don't have one upstairs - any rubbish comes straight down as it's made

I'm the same. They're horrible smelly things. Our kitchen bin is in a press (cupboard) at the end of the kitchen do we don't see it

We don't have a wheelie bin unfortunately and we have a cat who likes to go through the bins outside so we find ourselves constantly re-bagging the bags of rubbish. We have got a small bin outside but it'll only hold one full bin bag so we are a bit limited. We've got bins in every room, all closed lids tho, again to prevent the cat getting in them!

I'm very bold!! At night time I change her, n throw the nappy in the corner at bedroom door do I don't leave my bed at all!! Oops... But J brings them down in the morning when he's up for work n bins them

We have the changing unit in our room so end up with a few nappy bags on the floor in the morning lol take them through to the bin in the morning :p

I'm going to sounds really stupid here but what do you do when the cord falls off?

You mean the clip? I've kept mine. The actual cord shrivelled up and then I threw it away.

I threw Cole's the SECOND it came off. It was such a pain, didn't come off for about 3-4 weeks so I couldn't wait to get rid of it and clean his belly button properly.

Got a stethoscope from work as apparently you can hear movement from around 18 weeks

Any one else do this? I can here like popping sounds not in time with my hearth beat is this it? X

I'm going to sounds really stupid here but what do you do when the cord falls off?

Might leave a sticky bit behind, you need to 'open' it up and clean it with cooled boiled water and cotton wool. One wipe and bin etc etc. will heal in a few days. Xx

Got a stethoscope from work as apparently you can hear movement from around 18 weeks

Any one else do this? I can here like popping sounds not in time with my hearth beat is this it? X

Didn't do it hun so can't help there. Won't be long before you feel it! X

Might leave a sticky bit behind, you need to 'open' it up and clean it with cooled boiled water and cotton wool. One wipe and bin etc etc. will heal in a few days. Xx

Thanks Susie, the area looks completely clean so I'll just wipe it with the water and cotton wool and dry it, my poor husband nearly had a heart attack when he was changing her and it fell off lol xx

Just writing some stuff into the calendar and suddenly realised how close we are to meeting our little one- Uncle's 60th birthday party tomorrow, friends wedding on the 12th, then it's Easter, then got friends over on the 27th for a mini baby shower and suddenly it's May!!!
I think it's finally hitting me I'm having a baby next month!! :)

Hi ladies x

TMI post coming up...

Amelia is 5 weeks old today, I bled from birth to around week 3, and for the last two weeks (after the bleeding has stopped) I have had pretty heavy discharge. To the point where I have had to wear pads otherwise my knickers are soaked - it's worse than when I was pregnant with Amelia. (Mega TMI so be warned!) It's very "wet" but at the same time can be quite thick/stringy. :\ As you know, hubby and I have dtd a few times (unprotected... I know, very silly of us). Do you think I should be worried?

I have my 6 week (although it's more like 8 weeks) check at the end of this month so will definitely mention it then if it hasn't eased up, but wondering if I should get it checked out before if you think it's anything to worry about? I guess I'm just wondering if any of you have had lots of discharge following birth?

I suppose another question is could I be pregnant again? (!!) I'm not sure when I'd be fertile again - obviously we weren't careful so potentially it could happen. I haven't yet had a period since Amelia and not sure when this would be due. I was going to do a test just before my check-up at the doctors just to rule that out before I go - especially if I've had no period by then, as Amelia would be 8 weeks old.

Sorry if this post makes no sense!! I guess I'm asking any mums to share their discharge experiences lol

Jess xx

Hi ladies x

TMI post coming up...

Amelia is 5 weeks old today, I bled from birth to around week 3, and for the last two weeks (after the bleeding has stopped) I have had pretty heavy discharge. To the point where I have had to wear pads otherwise my knickers are soaked - it's worse than when I was pregnant with Amelia. (Mega TMI so be warned!) It's very "wet" but at the same time can be quite thick/stringy. :\ As you know, hubby and I have dtd a few times (unprotected... I know, very silly of us). Do you think I should be worried?

I have my 6 week (although it's more like 8 weeks) check at the end of this month so will definitely mention it then if it hasn't eased up, but wondering if I should get it checked out before if you think it's anything to worry about? I guess I'm just wondering if any of you have had lots of discharge following birth?

I suppose another question is could I be pregnant again? (!!) I'm not sure when I'd be fertile again - obviously we weren't careful so potentially it could happen. I haven't yet had a period since Amelia and not sure when this would be due. I was going to do a test just before my check-up at the doctors just to rule that out before I go - especially if I've had no period by then, as Amelia would be 8 weeks old.

Sorry if this post makes no sense!! I guess I'm asking any mums to share their discharge experiences lol

Jess xx

I had loads of discharge up till about 6 weeks after and I had to wear pads too. It was cream/yellow colour-is yours the same? If so it's called 'lochia alba' and basically it's just the end of your postnatal bleeding as your placental site in your womb heals. If it doesn't smell funky I wouldn't worry. If it's got a bit of an unpleasant whiff about it (sorry!) then I would pop to the gp to be sure it's not turning into an infection.
Can't help much on the period front I'm afraid, I've only had one and that was last month, but it can take a while to go back to normal, and I was due one this week and not had one and used to be regular as clockwork so things still aren't normal.
Re being pregnant, it's 'possible' but I would be surprised. I would just keep an eye for the usual symptoms and if as you haven't had a proper period in a few weeks do a test before you see the gp at 8weeks.
Xx

I've had the stringyness too Jess. It wasn't as bad as when I was pregnant but when I wiped I had a lot of discharge. I've only just had my first period and Cole is almost 14 weeks but I'm not a good example with the mess my body is in. I haven't a clue about fertility after having a baby. To be fair I've not got a clue about fertility full stop lol. Sorry I can't be if more help xx

Back