Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

After my 1st baby ended in and emergency section .. I bought a book called child birth choices and did loads of reading to understand why I ended up with a c- section . It seemed to help :) so when I was pregnant with baby no2 I was aware of why I needed a c-section again. Plus now with baby no3 on its way I know I'm having a c-section,

it's all to do with choices, decisions made at my 1st birth. I don't feel cheated now - as I know that because of the decisions made it effected how the 1st birth happened.

1st birth/ Induction at 42+2, back to back baby, MV broke waters, epidural given to early as was only 3cm, 6 hours trying, baby getting stressed, option was c-section., also baby was 12lbs so just too big to come out naturally.. No GD just a long lean heavy hungry boy ;)

Also I know I have big babies now - 2nd son 38wks 10lbs 4oz

Childbirth Choices by Adrienne Bennett http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0140148760/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_aVYqtb0PAE3RP

I feel the same Susie, I had a c-section this time and would want to try for a natural birth next time. Doctor said that's fine and at least if I get the pains I got this time I know I could decide on a c-section.

Another one who knows where your coming from Susie - after forceps delivery and issues healing with episiotomy scar and a prolapse I'm pretty sure I will ask for a c section next time but there is that part of me that really wants to give it a proper go... Like you said though you know what's best for your body, pleased everything is healed nicely and good luck dtd! ;) x

Girls...

Completely not pregnancy/baby related...i just need to ask a question...

What are your feelings on your husbands/other halves watching the thing beginning with P, ending in N and has an O and an R in between?

Girls...

What are your feelings on your husbands/other halves watching the thing beginning with P, ending in N and has an O and an R in between?

Knock him out!!!
I wouldn't have it at all. Why would he need that... If he was happy with me?! One step away from cheating IMO!!

Ladies... I meant ironed recently about Eabha chomping her soother, dribbling loads, little white bumps in her gums etc...
N now she's started biting in the bubble on her soother n not letting me put it in her mouth fully...
She doesn't really have rosey cheeks r messy nappies (more than usual)... Do u think she may b starting to teeth??

Ladies... I meant ironed recently about Eabha chomping her soother, dribbling loads, little white bumps in her gums etc... N now she's started biting in the bubble on her soother n not letting me put it in her mouth fully... She doesn't really have rosey cheeks r messy nappies (more than usual)... Do u think she may b starting to teeth??

Sounds just like Cole, except he's got the rosy cheeks and runny nappies. I meant to post this last night but I was having a google do teethers for babies and found one called the Gummy Glove. It's basically a cotton glove that goes on their hands and has a removable teether attached so they can still put it to their mouths. The glove itself is fully washable and the teether is a ring that goes in their mouth, like a normal one. It's only £11 so I'm ordering one today. Worth a try.

Girls... Completely not pregnancy/baby related...i just need to ask a question... What are your feelings on your husbands/other halves watching the thing beginning with P, ending in N and has an O and an R in between?

Truthfully I've never had a problem with it as long as it's not a replacement for sex with me and it's not every day. But then again I don't really see mild flirting as cheating. Tom flirts as part of his job to sell and as long as he doesn't take it any further I don't mind. Look but don't touch is my opinion. Although anything like texts etc are out of order and so is proper heavy flirting. X

Girls... Completely not pregnancy/baby related...i just need to ask a question... What are your feelings on your husbands/other halves watching the thing beginning with P, ending in N and has an O and an R in between?

My bf doesn't watch it ( to my knowledge lol ) but if he was to watch it while I was out or away it wouldn't bother me although I think if the shoe was on the other foot he wouldn't like it!

Men will be men I guess but I think it would knock my confidence a bit if I found out he was watching it .. Don't think id make a big deal out of it though .

Girls...

caught hubby looking at stuff like that a number of years ago and promptly broke down crying lol He said he wouldnt do it ever again....

I get paranoid and have asked a number of times if he has looked at anything like that again and he always says he hasnt/doesnt..

after the first year of being with him (its now been 8 years) I had to basically tell him to take down all the posters of women he had in his bedroom...

It doesn't bother me at all, it's not like he's off finding other women, if it was a regular thing though (like every other night) I would consider looking as to why he felt the need to look, however we have all just had babies and to maintain a sex life like before we were pregnant while healing and caring for a newborn would be virtually impossible (at least for the time being!)

Girls...

is it a case of you catching him watching it and you werent aware he did or have you been aware? Xx

Girls how far did you venture out alone in the last few weeks of pregnancy?
I only have ten days to go and am so bored of being in the house .. There's this shop about 35- 40 mins drive away from my house that I wouldn't mind having a mooch around in but not sure if it's a bit risky going on my own at this late stage on pregnancy.
I feel fine and not getting any twinges or anything .. What would you do ??

Sammie I have just been going everywhere as normal so long as I have felt ok no pains or anything. If your worried have you got a friend you can drag along?

Jess it doesn't bother me either do long as it isn't getting in the way of life or becoming an "addiction"
Xx

Girls...

The way I look at it is- if he's going to get 'relief' somewhere I'd rather it was at home on the PC than with another woman.
But I wouldn't tolerate it when I'm in the house.
And as we virtually haven't DTD since I got my BFP (mainly due to me being so ill), I can't blame me him for looking, he's a man after all. He has needs x

Girls how far did you venture out alone in the last few weeks of pregnancy?
I only have ten days to go and am so bored of being in the house .. There's this shop about 35- 40 mins drive away from my house that I wouldn't mind having a mooch around in but not sure if it's a bit risky going on my own at this late stage on pregnancy.
I feel fine and not getting any twinges or anything .. What would you do ??
Hmm I'll soon be in this situation... I think I'm gonna stick with just going for little walks around my road, I'm lucky I have Tesco 5 mins walk away and my hubby is working close by and the hospital is close by so I don't need to go far.
Also I'm struggling to drive more than 10-15 mins as it's so uncomfortable.
I agree with the others tho, if you haven't got any pains etc then do it but maybe take someone with you?

Girls how far did you venture out alone in the last few weeks of pregnancy? I only have ten days to go and am so bored of being in the house .. There's this shop about 35- 40 mins drive away from my house that I wouldn't mind having a mooch around in but not sure if it's a bit risky going on my own at this late stage on pregnancy. I feel fine and not getting any twinges or anything .. What would you do ??

I didn't really go far but that's because it was December and I avoid the shops at all costs from mid November. But then again I knew I'd be going in at 38 weeks so never really had to think about it. Sorry, I'm useless ;) xx

Ive just written a long post but deleted it.

I just feel so **** right now :( x

Ignore me, im probably being really really stupid x

Last edited:
How many people had an anterior placenta when did you feel movements ? I have not ft anything I saw baby kicking me on screen and I couldn't feel a thing. Midwife says if I can't feel anything by 24 weeks to go get checked :-/

Back