Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Just ignore him, what an idiot!
Sure you look gorgeous and you're making a baby! You can worry about loosing any weight once baby is here xxx

My boy has got colic :(
Going to grab some Infacol today, but has anyone tried anything else that works?

Thanks girls feeling much better today xx

My boy has got colic :(
Going to grab some Infacol today, but has anyone tried anything else that works?

Oh dear :( Bella was terrible with colic. We tried everything but only colief worked... (As Penny mentioned above)
It's really expensive but after weeks of screaming its worth every penny!
Having said that you may be lucky and find that something else cheaper works, hope you find something xx

Last edited:
We tried lots but basically the doctor said they grow out of it by 3 months, noticed a massive difference after 12 weeks.
Apparently stomach massage is good too xx

Oh dear :( Bella was terrible with colic. We tried everything but only colief worked... (As Penny mentioned above) It's really expensive but after weeks of screaming its worth every penny! Having said that you may be lucky and find that something else cheaper works, hope you find something xx

You can get it for free at our doctors on prescription xx

Thanks girls.
We've got some Infacol so will try at next feed and will keep Colief in mind.
He likes being rocked so we've been doing that.
He's fine during the day, an absolute dream, it's just the early evenings and bedtime that he gets worse.
He did sleep well last night so with the Infacol too we're hoping it's the case tonight! X

Did any of u ladies suffer with pins and needles in ur hands during pregnancy? I wake up in agony with them but then eases when I get out if bed but I have it constantly. Been for a good couple of wk's now xx

Could be carpel tunnel I've read about it just one of the lovely effects of pregnancy lol x

I used to get pins and needles in my hands all the time. It went away straight after I had Cole x

Just brought back memories of painful hands I used to get, could hardly move my fingers after sleeping! I don't think I miss pregnancy much!

I have a question :)

We have a Moses basket, my mum has knitted some beautiful blankets. What does a baby sleep in when first born. So due 29th August so let's say 1st Sept. Still quite warm.

What would a baby wear? And how would I wrap the baby. Swaddle, tuck them in? Baby grow bag?

I feel really stupid asking a question like this, but I know there are so many dangers with babies being too warm. Maybe I'm just nervous about doing things wrong.

I have a question :)

We have a Moses basket, my mum has knitted some beautiful blankets. What does a baby sleep in when first born. So due 29th August so let's say 1st Sept. Still quite warm.

What would a baby wear? And how would I wrap the baby. Swaddle, tuck them in? Baby grow bag?

I feel really stupid asking a question like this, but I know there are so many dangers with babies being too warm. Maybe I'm just nervous about doing things wrong.

Abigail was born at the end of June so it was hot hot hot for the first few weeks. I used to put her in a sleeveless vest and baby grow and the tuck a knitted blanket round if it felt cool. On some nights it was so hot in our room (26C was the hottest!) I just put a baby grow on but then tucked a blanket round overnight as it got cooler. Think we started with sleeping bags when she was about 3 months old and in a cot in our room and it was getting cooler.

I need some advice ladies

Oliver is drinking 4oz bottles.
Last night he was up at 1, 4 and now having another which is a lot for him.
That's 3 already and he's only meant to have 6 a day!!!
He just seems to want milk constantly!
Is this normal for a 2 week old?
Hubby wants me to put him on hungry baby formula but I don't know if I should?
Is Oliver too young?
Please help, I need some sleep! X

I wouldn't put him on hungry baby milk as it can cause quite a few problems with constipation and their kidneys.
I was the same with Ben he was having either a breast feed or a bottle every 2 hours.
Is he bringing any of it back?
The guide on the tin is just a guide, I try to stick roughly to the formula of 2.5 x the weight/24 hours so if he is 10 pounds give 25 oz which would be 6-7 bottles a day
Chat with your HV about it if you are concerned xx

Sorry I should have said Ben has only ever gone 3 hours between feeds so generally has 8 bottles a day. Xx

Back