Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Oliver had a cold early on. We put baby olbas on a cloth and it hang it near him, put boiling water with baby olbas in it in his room, take him into the bathroom whilst oh was having a hot shower.... Or you could use one of those nasal things where you essentially suck the snot out. Poor little man. It's horrible when they get a cold so young :(

Hey, thanks. Going to get some olbas today.
I've got one of them booger suckers lol. There pretty ace but abit hard with a cold. Been using it which has helped slightly now but he now hates it and screams :(
But ok try that olbas one and I need a shower so usually put them in there with me so hoping it will help.x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Regarding immunisations having looked after babies with whooping cough there is no way I would not have the jab but it is a personal decision and you do need to look at the risks.
Jess I hope Connor gets better soon nothing else to suggest other than the olbas in the room and aspirating xx

Hey, thanks. Going to get some olbas today. I've got one of them booger suckers lol. There pretty ace but abit hard with a cold. Been using it which has helped slightly now but he now hates it and screams :( But ok try that olbas one and I need a shower so usually put them in there with me so hoping it will help.x Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Not sure at what age to start but you can put baby Vic's or Snufflebaby on his toes. That's meant to help. X

I found using saline drops with Rebecca when she had a cold worked.... But then hers seemed to be in the back of her nose and throat and not really a runny nose for more than a day so I couldn't really 'suck' anything out. I also put some snuffle babe on a bib and hung it on her crib. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ladies, talk to me about bath seats!! What do you use? Or what will you use soon? We've currently got one of the Angelcare seats which means Cole is laying more or less on his back but he's starting to get too big for it, plus he wants to sit up all the time now. Any suggestions?x

Ladies, talk to me about bath seats!! What do you use? Or what will you use soon? We've currently got one of the Angelcare seats which means Cole is laying more or less on his back but he's starting to get too big for it, plus he wants to sit up all the time now. Any suggestions?x

We have a mama and papas one which looks a bit like a sun lounger. To be honest he won't be in it much longer because he is getting too wide. After that I was just going to sit him in the bath.... Hadn't really thought about it properly though x

We have a mama and papas one which looks a bit like a sun lounger. To be honest he won't be in it much longer because he is getting too wide. After that I was just going to sit him in the bath.... Hadn't really thought about it properly though x

There's seats you can get but I'm not sure which are best. If I hold him in the bath he wriggles and throws himself backwards so I reckon some kind of seat will be better. Gonna get as long as we can out of the Angelcare one first though x

Anyone know anything about rhesus blood group? Its come back abnormal from my last bloods done at midwife , have to call in the morning received letter today. Makes me panic although if it was so bad in sure they would call but wiki makes no sense to me !

I have a bath support but Thomas prefers a deeper bath so I just hold him and have everything open and to hand.

Tink, I had A- blood group but just got the injection they give you for it, just to make sure if our blood mixes with the babies that our body doesn't reject the next baby xx

Anyone know anything about rhesus blood group? Its come back abnormal from my last bloods done at midwife , have to call in the morning received letter today. Makes me panic although if it was so bad in sure they would call but wiki makes no sense to me !

What does it actually say? Can help if you let me know what. Could be a number of things. Don't google! ;) And don't panic xx

There's seats you can get but I'm not sure which are best. If I hold him in the bath he wriggles and throws himself backwards so I reckon some kind of seat will be better. Gonna get as long as we can out of the Angelcare one first though x

We had a chair thing from Argos which was good as it worked in the shower(don't have a bath), once she outgrew our baby bath, was a mesh type thing, but she struggled after a while and would try and escape so we have just plonked her in the shower tray and hosed her down for a long time now.
We just have everything to hand and since she's been sitting up properly it's great fun. You could always get in with him? Can't wriggle as much then? X

We had a chair thing from Argos which was good as it worked in the shower(don't have a bath), once she outgrew our baby bath, was a mesh type thing, but she struggled after a while and would try and escape so we have just plonked her in the shower tray and hosed her down for a long time now. We just have everything to hand and since she's been sitting up properly it's great fun. You could always get in with him? Can't wriggle as much then? X

I never actually thought of that!! Getting in with him would be fun :) x

I always put ruby in the bath with me she loves it :D she does have a chair but she's not keen on it I think she gets cold so I just hold her in my arms and cradle her in the water . Xx

We have the summer infant seat which is mesh and a bit like a baby bouncer. But agree on getting him in with you my only problem is I like a hot bath n sit there freezing brrrr.
Need more info re: blood groups but as Susie said don't panic xxx

We've got a blue fisher price baby bath with like the 'hammock' bit where he sits- he doesn't really like it, but discovered he's fine with a bath if me or hubby get in with him!!
So been doing that and he loves it! X

[Tink, I had A- blood group but just got the injection they give you for it, just to make sure if our blood mixes with the babies that our body doesn't reject the next baby xx[/QUOTE]

Thanks ,

The letter just says RH antibodies - for rhesus blood groups

It says not to worry, booked appointment tomorrow afternoon, wish they would put a leaflet in or something, they do friday clinics good job i didn't get the letter monday ha ha ! X

I have rh neg blood so had to get an injection when I had a bleed in case baby was positive.
Which she is so had to have another injection when she was born n her bloods were monitored. But all was fine :)
Don't worry n ask them to explain when ur there. Coz if they're like my hosp they speak to u like ur as educated as them.....

[Tink, I had A- blood group but just got the injection they give you for it, just to make sure if our blood mixes with the babies that our body doesn't reject the next baby xx
Thanks , The letter just says RH antibodies - for rhesus blood groups It says not to worry, booked appointment tomorrow afternoon, wish they would put a leaflet in or something, they do friday clinics good job i didn't get the letter monday ha ha ! X[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, could be a number of things, either that you're rhesus neg and need anti d or it might be that you do have some antibodies in your blood and thy will just monitor the levels. Happens sometimes. Or you might have some special antibodies (there are hundreds, big c, little c, e, m, k, to name a few). They don't tend to cause any problems. So don't worry. They will explain tomorrow. Xx

Aw thank you, iv never had anything abnormal or wrong with me ever (think tonsillitis is the worst i have had ha ha ) will just have to wait and see what they say, as long as babys okay x

Hey ladies, I've had a sweep done today at my hospital appointment. She said my cervix was slightly open n was really soft so I'm hoping it works :) xx

Back