Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Dougal you can get aniseed & glycerine in the chemist.. Dip his soother in.. It'll sooth his throat.. There's nothing "medical" in it so can be used at any age.. Will coat his little throat n soothe it... É was closer to 4 months when I first used Calpol.. Thankfully (touching wood) all I've had to use it for has been teething pain.. She's not had any illnesses..
Thanks for that, I'll grab some when I'm next out x

Perineal massage thoughts? I've read it can help prevent tearing so I'm giving it a go haha dear lord it was uncomfy but manageable bring on labour haha! Has anyone used it did it work ?

I did it every night go to 10 cm and pushing no problem but then had to have a crash section so a lot of work for nothing lol xx

Perineal massage thoughts? I've read it can help prevent tearing so I'm giving it a go haha dear lord it was uncomfy but manageable bring on labour haha! Has anyone used it did it work ?

I would say worth a go if you can-I couldn't reach to do it properly and didn't want to ask Benn....

Other half is doing it I've no problem with that once I got past the giggling and hysterics. Il see how it helps me xx

A few girls on my Irish site got a perineal massage machine thingy. It's called epi no or something. 2 have used it n had no tears r vits n found labour really easy.. Well , not easy coz yer still popping a chicken out if yer nostril but easiER

Haha Frances love it!

When did you girls change teat size? I thought we needed to go to 2a as Ben is fussing and messing he's taken the bottle much better but seems really windy! Not sure which is worse ;)

Haha Frances love it!

When did you girls change teat size? I thought we needed to go to 2a as Ben is fussing and messing he's taken the bottle much better but seems really windy! Not sure which is worse ;)

I didn't change for AGES as É got on grand with size 1's... So can't help. Soz x

I've already changed to 2's and it's made such a difference- he drinks it quicker but less wind, helps his colic and he's happier. (He's 6 weeks old)
Important thing we find is to burp him after every 0z as it slows him down and he brings up less.
Plus we changed from TT to Avent bottles and that's helped too- the TT bottles used to leak so much, the Avent are so much better!

There £90 Frances il stick with hubby doing it lol x

Haha Frances love it!

We changed a while ago now...can't remember when though. We use TT bottles and went from size 1 to vari-flow and they work really well xxx

Hi Ladies,

I'm asking WELL in advance here, but it's more to start getting ideas.

Have any of you thought about 1st birthday parties at all? I'd like to do something "big" for Amelia's next March, and although I know she won't remember it AT ALL, It's more to have a big celebration of the fact it's her first ever birthday. Want to get some nice photos etc so there are lots of memories to look back on!

Will probably be more for the adults than Amelia herself lol but not sure what to do?

Has anyone else thought about it? If so what were you planning? xx

When did everyone's little ones start sleeping through the night?

I ask because my friends little girl, who is 2 days younger than Oliver, has already started going through the night! And she's not quite 6 weeks old!!!
I think maybe cos Oliver is a big baby, he needs more milk so it could be a while before he drops the 3am feed!

And also, he's 6 weeks old and taking 6x 5oz bottles (30oz total) a day, and we've now upped it to 6oz (literally today) so will he drop a feed?
Cos otherwise he'll be taking 36oz a day!! And we have HV on Thursday who I'm sure will tell me off!!

Hi Ladies, I'm asking WELL in advance here, but it's more to start getting ideas. Have any of you thought about 1st birthday parties at all? I'd like to do something "big" for Amelia's next March, and although I know she won't remember it AT ALL, It's more to have a big celebration of the fact it's her first ever birthday. Want to get some nice photos etc so there are lots of memories to look back on! Will probably be more for the adults than Amelia herself lol but not sure what to do? Has anyone else thought about it? If so what were you planning? xx

We will have the opposite to you. A small family tea party. X

When did everyone's little ones start sleeping through the night? I ask because my friends little girl, who is 2 days younger than Oliver, has already started going through the night! And she's not quite 6 weeks old!!! I think maybe cos Oliver is a big baby, he needs more milk so it could be a while before he drops the 3am feed! And also, he's 6 weeks old and taking 6x 5oz bottles (30oz total) a day, and we've now upped it to 6oz (literally today) so will he drop a feed? Cos otherwise he'll be taking 36oz a day!! And we have HV on Thursday who I'm sure will tell me off!!

At 22 weeks he still doesn't :(

At 22 weeks he still doesn't :(
I feel for you, 6 weeks has been hard enough!
As your Oliver is also a big baby, can you remember how much milk he was taking before solids started?
I'm just worried I'm over feeding him- 30oz is a lot!

I feel for you, 6 weeks has been hard enough! As your Oliver is also a big baby, can you remember how much milk he was taking before solids started? I'm just worried I'm over feeding him- 30oz is a lot!

Oliver was on more than 30oz. He has a bottle pretty much every 3 hours so could be 6 or 7 bottles and drinking between 5-8oz in each so on average id say he had about 38oz. More than recommended but water just doesn't do it :(

Oliver was on more than 30oz. He has a bottle pretty much every 3 hours so could be 6 or 7 bottles and drinking between 5-8oz in each so on average id say he had about 38oz. More than recommended but water just doesn't do it :(
Hmm same here, he goes 3-4 hours between. He's had 2 6oz bottles already today and is currently guzzling a third!! He's not keen on water either, he'll have 1/2 oz at most each day. I'm sure HV will have something to say but I don't care, I don't like her and he's my son! X

Ben was a big baby too 9.5 pounds born and at 10 weeks 14 pounds he's on 6 oz every 3-4 hours but he only started taking 6 oz last week. He slept through for the first time after his 8 week injection then went back to 2 am feed and this last 2 nights he has slept through so has dropped a bottle.
Xx

Back