Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Bet ladies, can anybody recommend a sun blocker for car windows? Preferably where u can see out of them as I put my little lady in the front as her car seat is rear facing so I can see her xx

Are you allowed any visors in the front? I'm not sure you are....but in any case mine aren't v good tbh so I wouldn't recommend them! Sorry! Xx

Bet ladies, can anybody recommend a sun blocker for car windows? Preferably where u can see out of them as I put my little lady in the front as her car seat is rear facing so I can see her xx

Are you allowed any visors in the front? I'm not sure you are....but in any case mine aren't v good tbh so I wouldn't recommend them! Sorry! Xx

I've not been at work since October so I'm a bit rusty on traffic laws etc but I'm pretty sure it's not legal (don't quote me though!). Anything in your passenger window restricts your view, even if it's see through, so you'd more than likely be pulled. You can have windows tinted but only to a certain gradient in the front. Sorry, other than that I don't know x

I don't think you're allowed visors in front. We have a mirror in the back to peep in now and then it's hard but you get used to it

Well that's answered that question then lol! Thanks girls xx

Yea as the girls have said don't think ur allowed a blind in the front. N also just make sure (in sure u do) ur airbag isn't on if seat is in the front...

I have 2 blinds in my back window as one doesn't cover the window n obviously in a car the sun moves around... N she's not uv protected in the car. Altho she has sun cream on I don't like sun shining direct on her

Do you not have any air bags in your car? If you do then best to put car seat in the rest seats. I know you want to see your babe but much safer in the back. We have a mirror so I can still see Oliver. Xxx

Yea as the girls have said don't think ur allowed a blind in the front. N also just make sure (in sure u do) ur airbag isn't on if seat is in the front... I have 2 blinds in my back window as one doesn't cover the window n obviously in a car the sun moves around... N she's not uv protected in the car. Altho she has sun cream on I don't like sun shining direct on her

Yeh I took the air bag off before she went in xx

Speaking of cars, when will you all be moving your babies up to the next stage car seat? Just curious really, I've known people do it at 6-7 months and others wait until their baby is literally hanging out of their rear facing seats. Don't they say once their head is too high? We've got a next stage front facing seat already because we bought it for if we ever took Zac anywhere in our car. He's been in it half a dozen times if that so it's practically new. Just after a general idea :)

Speaking of cars, when will you all be moving your babies up to the next stage car seat? Just curious really, I've known people do it at 6-7 months and others wait until their baby is literally hanging out of their rear facing seats. Don't they say once their head is too high? We've got a next stage front facing seat already because we bought it for if we ever took Zac anywhere in our car. He's been in it half a dozen times if that so it's practically new. Just after a general idea :)

I think we moved when she was about 10months. Maybe a little before. I just judged it on her size. Her feet were right up against the car seat in the back and the straps that were going over her shoulders were curved if that makes sense, so they were coming up and over rather than straight down...do you see what I mean? Our second stage seat was from 9kg but was def after that. Xx

I think we moved when she was about 10months. Maybe a little before. I just judged it on her size. Her feet were right up against the car seat in the back and the straps that were going over her shoulders were curved if that makes sense, so they were coming up and over rather than straight down...do you see what I mean? Our second stage seat was from 9kg but was def after that. Xx

That's what Cole's like now with the straps and he can kick the seat. My sister put my nephew in his at 7 and half months and Cole is similar sized. I want to keep him in it as long as possible but want him to be comfortable as we're going to Wales when he's 7 and half months xx

I thought she was ready to move earlier but tried her in it at home and it was too big for her so left it a bit. Why don't you try him and see what you think? X

I thought she was ready to move earlier but tried her in it at home and it was too big for her so left it a bit. Why don't you try him and see what you think? X

Tom just said he's going to get it out and let him sit in it. It'll get him used to it if nothing else :) x

I was wondering this. Oliver's feet already go beyond the end of his car seat. Was going to wait a few weeks then research next size up. Eeek more money :(

I'm glad we got ours before Cole was born for Zac. It was £130!! :eek: :eek: We got it in the sale for £85 though so not too bad x

I was wondering this. Oliver's feet already go beyond the end of his car seat. Was going to wait a few weeks then research next size up. Eeek more money :(

We could tilt the base of the car seat up a bit which bought us more time, I don't know if that will help for you?
Also, halfords sometimes to sales etc so maybe keep your eyes open and you might get a good deal.
We were very lucky that when our inlaws ordered theirs for they grandson amazon sent two so we got it for free....as amazon didn't realise! :s
had that not been the case though my parents had already said they would buy it for her as a Christmas present. She would never have known the difference and could still have had a little thing to open. Maybe something to think about.....:)

Apparently, legally, and this might be just over here, u must wait til they are the minimum weight... Regardless of how squished they may look...
And also, again, may just be over here, they must be rear facing until 18 months... R there abouts...

Apparently, legally, and this might be just over here, u must wait til they are the minimum weight... Regardless of how squished they may look...
And also, again, may just be over here, they must be rear facing until 18 months... R there abouts...

Yeah we've got to wait until certain weights before changing seats. And I think it's recommended until 6 or 9 months to be rear facing. x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Apparently, legally, and this might be just over here, u must wait til they are the minimum weight... Regardless of how squished they may look... And also, again, may just be over here, they must be rear facing until 18 months... R there abouts...

Pretty sure they don't have to be rear facing because a lot of the car seats are front facing... May be wrong though :s

We could tilt the base of the car seat up a bit which bought us more time, I don't know if that will help for you? Also, halfords sometimes to sales etc so maybe keep your eyes open and you might get a good deal. We were very lucky that when our inlaws ordered theirs for they grandson amazon sent two so we got it for free....as amazon didn't realise! :s had that not been the case though my parents had already said they would buy it for her as a Christmas present. She would never have known the difference and could still have had a little thing to open. Maybe something to think about.....:)

I'll wait as long as possible because I like the fact his car seats clicks on to the wheels so when out I can just use the car seat.

That was a bit of luck from amazon.

Pretty sure they don't have to be rear facing because a lot of the car seats are front facing... May be wrong though :s

It's hard to get rear facing car seats over here, other than the baby carriers. My car seat says from 20lbs and Cole is more than that. He's not going in it yet though, I was just wondering for when he's ready. More often than not I leave his car seat in the car and carry him. Cole plus car seat equals sore arms!!!

Back