Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Oh no, poor Cole. Not had that problem yet but given Oliver seems to have similar issues to Cole, I expect to have this in a month or so ;)

You might miss it, he's been getting it on and off since 4 months. Dr Google either says there's nothing wrong or he'd need to see an endocrinologist....

What sort of smell is it Sarah are we talking onions like BO or vinegar/ sweet smell etc has it started since weaning? And what is he eating now?

Girls Ben is 13 weeks now and 16 pounds.... I want to get him a seat but I don't want to waste money on something that's only gonna last a week or 2. I don't think he'd fit in a bumbo very long so was thinking a jumperoo or similar.... Anyone got any recommendations xx

Girls Ben is 13 weeks now and 16 pounds.... I want to get him a seat but I don't want to waste money on something that's only gonna last a week or 2. I don't think he'd fit in a bumbo very long so was thinking a jumperoo or similar.... Anyone got any recommendations xx

Oliver is a fairly chunky monkey (24 weeks and 21.6 pounds). We have a jumparoo which he loves and also a mama and papas seat. Can't remember what it's called but looks like this :

Both are better than a bumbo for chubby thighs in my opinion

Attachments

• image-3787654531.jpg
    image-3787654531.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 42
Stevie didn't fit in his bumbo for long cos of his legs!! Lol.
We have a jumperoo which he loves!! He also loves his ball pool :) in fact my boy just loves playing with his toys no matter what!! Xx

The mamas and papas seat lasts a while too as the coloured bit comes out to make it bigger x

I've a bumbo from Jacob but I doubt when Connor is OK to go in it_ that he'll fit lol. X

Sent from my LIFETAB_E7313

Hi Katie ruby has a bumbo which I do sit her in but she is still a little bit wobbly the trouble is by the time she is steady enough for me to sit her in it for longer than five minutes her thighs will be too big for it lol she's a little chub and only just squishes them in.
She also has a jumperoo again I do sit her in it but not for long as I feel she's a bit young yet also I have to out a cushion on the floor under her feet as she can't quite reach the floor yet lol. I think a jumperoo would be your best bet though as it will last you a lot longer :)

For some reason I'm really missing being pregnant!!
I'd better tell hubby to stay away from me esp with our wedding anniversary soon lol! X

What sort of smell is it Sarah are we talking onions like BO or vinegar/ sweet smell etc has it started since weaning? And what is he eating now?

It started on and off before I started weaning him. It's just like a fresh adult sweat smell, not a weird smell. Just like fresh armpit sweat :eek:
He's still having purées once a day most days or a jar, just lumpier. He has porridge every morning. For dinners he has crumpets or toast with unsalted butter, philedelphia or sugar free jam. And he loves mango and melon. X

None if those foods are particularly odour producing. Does he have any signs of any infection anywhere in any rolls. It's quite unusual no harm getting him checked over if you're concerned but he looks like he is thriving xx

None if those foods are particularly odour producing. Does he have any signs of any infection anywhere in any rolls. It's quite unusual no harm getting him checked over if you're concerned but he looks like he is thriving xx

I've checked in all his little fat rolls and there's nothing. Even under his arm pits there's nothing. I clean it regularly, a couple of times a day at least. Thanks, I'll take him down to be on the safe side xx

Yeah do but some babies just have a smell :) xx

I need help not to turn into an over protective new mum!!

Stevie woke up on Thursday with a swollen eye. Didn't look too bad, thought he might have scratched it in the night.
By dinner time it looked more swollen and red. Also had blotchy rash under both eyes. So I took him to the doctors who gave us eye cream and said to go back if worse.

Friday it looked worse to me and my parents so I took him back. Saw a did doctor who also gave us penicillin to take with the cream and to keep an eye on him over the weekend.
He explained that it was prob just an infected stye thing but could be something different and to ring 111 over the weekend if it got worse etc.

Well yesterday I was ready to ring 111 at 12noon cos to me it was looking worse than how he'd woken up. Anyway I let him nap and the redness calmed down a touch and hubby convinced me to give it another 24hrs for the medicines to work etc

Today when he woke it's not as dark (yesterday it was almost purple) but it's still swollen and I'm still struggling to get any cream in his eye!!

So....my question is what should I do?? How long should it take to clear up??
I'm too nervous to google as I'll prob find the only story where something drastic happened!!

But can someone help me?? Xx

I need help not to turn into an over protective new mum!! Stevie woke up on Thursday with a swollen eye. Didn't look too bad, thought he might have scratched it in the night. By dinner time it looked more swollen and red. Also had blotchy rash under both eyes. So I took him to the doctors who gave us eye cream and said to go back if worse. Friday it looked worse to me and my parents so I took him back. Saw a did doctor who also gave us penicillin to take with the cream and to keep an eye on him over the weekend. He explained that it was prob just an infected stye thing but could be something different and to ring 111 over the weekend if it got worse etc. Well yesterday I was ready to ring 111 at 12noon cos to me it was looking worse than how he'd woken up. Anyway I let him nap and the redness calmed down a touch and hubby convinced me to give it another 24hrs for the medicines to work etc Today when he woke it's not as dark (yesterday it was almost purple) but it's still swollen and I'm still struggling to get any cream in his eye!! So....my question is what should I do?? How long should it take to clear up?? I'm too nervous to google as I'll prob find the only story where something drastic happened!! But can someone help me?? Xx

I think, personally, I'd ring 111. It won't hurt to speak to them and I don't think you can be too cautious when it comes to eyes. Or do you have a walk in centre near you that you can take him to today?xx

Yeah if it's not gone down with swelling yet I'd also call. You can just get advice and speak with the doctor who may say it's ok and go to gp on Monday or will want to give a checkup just incase.. x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

It sounds more allergic than infected to me, get him into a walk in centre if you can. Hope he is ok, I would expect antibiotics to have started to make things improve within 48 hours. Maybe a dose of loratidine or chloerphenamine would help. Eyes easily become infected when inflamed so I would carry on with other treatments too xx

Back