Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

P.s if he has a fever or stops moving the eye get him straight to A&E

Thanks ladies - it seems to have take a turn for the better - less red and possibly less swollen.
Still keeping an eye on it and seriously contemplating takin him to the GP tomorrow if it's still the same - i don't want to seem stupid but like you have said, eyes are v sensitive. It might just need something a bit different x

Thanks ladies - it seems to have take a turn for the better - less red and possibly less swollen. Still keeping an eye on it and seriously contemplating takin him to the GP tomorrow if it's still the same - i don't want to seem stupid but like you have said, eyes are v sensitive. It might just need something a bit different x

Glad to hear it. See how he is but yes go back tomorrow if at all worried x

Ladies with babies with leaky nappies

Tom has solved our leaky nappy problem (knew there was a reason I married him!). Basically one night we'd not fastened all three poppers on his vest. As the nappy has got full it pushed out of the side of the vest. We think the poppers had been squeezing the wee up and out. He's in 9-12m vests which are too big for him but even they do it. So we leave a popper open now and pull the vests slightly to the side and haven't had a leaky nappy since (touch wood). Might not work for everyone but it's worked for us :D Just thought it might help a few of you out x

Ladies with babies with leaky nappies Tom has solved our leaky nappy problem (knew there was a reason I married him!). Basically one night we'd not fastened all three poppers on his vest. As the nappy has got full it pushed out of the side of the vest. We think the poppers had been squeezing the wee up and out. He's in 9-12m vests which are too big for him but even they do it. So we leave a popper open now and pull the vests slightly to the side and haven't had a leaky nappy since (touch wood). Might not work for everyone but it's worked for us :D Just thought it might help a few of you out x
That's a good tip- we've had a few leaky nappies, and I think the poppers don't help as they push the nappy up... Shall be trying that tonight- thanks x

Ladies with babies with leaky nappies Tom has solved our leaky nappy problem (knew there was a reason I married him!). Basically one night we'd not fastened all three poppers on his vest. As the nappy has got full it pushed out of the side of the vest. We think the poppers had been squeezing the wee up and out. He's in 9-12m vests which are too big for him but even they do it. So we leave a popper open now and pull the vests slightly to the side and haven't had a leaky nappy since (touch wood). Might not work for everyone but it's worked for us :D Just thought it might help a few of you out x

Makes sense. Well done Tom for forgetting to do a poppet up. X

I'm so annoyed.

Yesterday I took Stevie for a picnic and his rash under his eyes came back up, so I rang the doctors and got an appointment.

The doctor I saw was really dismissive and said 'I'll make a note u brought him again' ...I at the time laughed it off. He also said keep going with penicillin but could stop the eye cream

Now this morning his eye is swelling again and my mum is insisting I take him back to the doctors even tho I was made to feel stupid yesterday or to the hospital! I'm going to wait for the HV who is coming for 11am. I'm going to tell her which doctors I've seen and hope she makes an appointment for me.

Arrrgggghhhh rant over.

Do not ever feel intimidated by a dr! I don't care if your time wasting or not it's your baby you know him best and your going for advice. When they start dismissing like that id ask to take a full name because if infact it does get worse I want to know who not to see. To them it may seem nothing to you it's your baby and he ha a rash and it's not looking right. ****** I've seen more time wasters sat in gp waiting room than anyone and I'm sorry but 5 min appts are not that big of deal. Ring up again and see someone you should not be made to feel like you can't book an appt just request not to see him. Cheeky swine.

Sorry hormonal rant I think :-/

Do not ever feel intimidated by a dr! I don't care if your time wasting or not it's your baby you know him best and your going for advice. When they start dismissing like that id ask to take a full name because if infact it does get worse I want to know who not to see. To them it may seem nothing to you it's your baby and he ha a rash and it's not looking right. ****** I've seen more time wasters sat in gp waiting room than anyone and I'm sorry but 5 min appts are not that big of deal. Ring up again and see someone you should not be made to feel like you can't book an appt just request not to see him. Cheeky swine. Sorry hormonal rant I think :-/

I think I need to take u with me!! Lol we'd make a good team hehe.

The HV is due at 11am and I'm hoping she can shed some light on it for me.
No1 in my family has ha allergies before so to be dealing with a baby with a milk allergy is new to us all - I think it's a reaction to something (maybe milk maybe something else)
Fact is they need to give me some support ...

Oh gosh I've got to the teary stage, hope this passes before HV comes or she will think I'm 'not coping' (she is forever checking if I'm coping lol xx

Aww hope the HV can help you out, doc sounds horrible! X

Hope you get some answers some health professionals can be so snotty!

When i got a letter a while a go with rhesus blood circled and panicked the midwife said why did you google it , i told her because i wasn't sent any information out and oh its your first baby!! It could be my 10th and i would panic!!

I saw her friday and she said i hadn't been the first to be unsure of the their letters and they have now reviewed their letter writing. She made it sound like in was over reacting over nothing .

Don't let them put you off, im sure they would have something to say if you left it a while and it got far worse ! X

HV said to her it def looked like an allergic reaction.
So we are writing everything He eats down then if it happens again we can look at it.

Also once his face is clear, I can try half a teaspoon of yogurt and see what dairy he can actually tolerate (if any!!) x

HV said to her it def looked like an allergic reaction. So we are writing everything He eats down then if it happens again we can look at it. Also once his face is clear, I can try half a teaspoon of yogurt and see what dairy he can actually tolerate (if any!!) x

Oh poor Stevie. Hope it gets better soon and you can work out what is causing it :( x

How awful. Hope Stevie recovers fast & you find the problem x

Sent from my LIFETAB_E7313

Thought it sounded and looked more allergic Cai, do you give him antihistamine yet? If not might be worth getting some in just in case. Sorry you had trouble with your GP, we are not all bad you know ;-) xx

Thought it sounded and looked more allergic Cai, do you give him antihistamine yet? If not might be worth getting some in just in case. Sorry you had trouble with your GP, we are not all bad you know ;-) xx

Tbh the GP I saw I've seen before and never had a problem with him. Even the HV was surprised. But she said to not worry about going back at all!

He has woken up (at 4:30) on top form and almost all the rash has gone again...on with writing it all down!! :) xx

Brilliant so pleased it's better! Hope it doesn't happen again xxx

Last night TMI I wiped and a large tissue full of snot like looking discharge. My urines been clear no sign of infection so I spoke to my midwife this morning she seems to thing it's my mucus plug starting to come away? Nothing since I've had a google and it doesn't really say what to expect next I don't feel any different should I? I feel abit dumb asking but in an exciting way I might not need Induction. Get me passed Sunday and I'm 37 weeks so happy for a baby to come from then or am I been optimistic haha

Girls ruby hasn't been for a number 2 in days .. Should I be worried .. ??? She usually goes once a day but it. Just have been about 4 days now :S she doesn't seem in pain or anything maybe a little bit more winger than usual .. Is there anything I should give her to help her go or is that normal ? X

Sammie perfectly normal for babies to not go up to 5 days, I would try her on a little water and bicycle her legs to help move things if she's not been by 5 days talk to your HV or doc.

Completely normal to lose plug and doesn't really mean labour is imminent unfortunately, hope it happens for you though xx

Back