Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Thanks xx

I'll have to hunt some down x

Day 2 of antenatal expressing and really conscious I won't get a substantial amount it's a lot harder than how the video shows it haha Anyway this time next week il have either gone into natural labour and had baby or il be approaching 24hrs post induction! Its coming round fast. Yippeeee x

Im interested in doing this have you been given little syringes ? X

I only have to do it because of the diabetes I don't know if it's something they recommend as a standard? No I had to buy my syringes and caps what a night mare could only get 10ml syringes so my little drops look like nothing :-(

Iv just seen it online , can start from around 36 weeks , a breast feeding lady told me a little about it in the waiting room and booked me on a feeding class which didn't cover it. Yeah it says its only a few drops at a time but better then nothing x

I would not recommend starting before 38 weeks I've started t 37+3 Because I'm induced next week but midwife was very tentative about me starting sooner. Are you expecting complications hence the reason to express antenatally? If I didn't have the gest diabetes I wouldn't express because you have 2 hrs to establish feeding after birth. Reading online they want you to push feeding within 30 mins hence why I figured a back up plan xx

No no complications hopefully just what i saw and what the lady mentioned also i am def not breast feeding and will not be trying to express when there is a midwife there. Will just wait till i am home x

Fingers crossed xx

Any one have a baby that crys in their sleep? Often she crys out but doesn't even wake.. Makes me sad to think that she's upset :(

Any one have a baby that crys in their sleep? Often she crys out but doesn't even wake.. Makes me sad to think that she's upset :(

Yup. Éabha does sometimes. Not allot but it's a proper cry where u think she's awake when I go in. A little pay on the back n give her soother n she's grand again...

Yeah Cole does it sometimes. I'm not sure whether it's when he's trying to change position or something though. Maybe it's dreams as well? Poor babies. I just go stroke his back (sleeps on his tummy) and give him a dummy. X

Yeah Jacob used to also. A few times even now I think hes awake and upset. So I go check but he's asleep! I just make sure he's ok etc.

Connor has a few times but it's usually when he's slowly waking for a feed x

Thanks for all your replies, reassuring to know that it seems normal.
I guess it's their version of sleep talking ;) x

Thanks for all your replies, reassuring to know that it seems normal.
I guess it's their version of sleep talking ;) x

True! How freaky would it be a baby sleep talking! Lol

Just had a spice infused curry let's hope it sets me off hahahaha

I go in tomorrow morning eeeekkkk! Cnt wait 2 have my baby girl here with me now!! X Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good luck x

Apologies in advance for all the questions!!

We are trying to establish a bedtime routine for Oliver and basically I need some advice-
At what age did you start doing a routine? Did you wake your little one for food just cos it was time, even if they had only fed say an hour ago?
Did it work?
And at what age did your little ones sleep through the night?
And am I expecting too much, considering he's only 10 weeks, 5 days old??

Just for info- he takes 5x 7oz bottles a day, going roughly 4-5 hours between feeds so he generally feeds at:
3am, 7am, 12pm, 5pm, 10pm

However today he's had 6x 7oz bottles!!!
He weighs 15lbs (will confirm when I get him weighed tomorrow but he was 14lbs 3oz two weeks ago).

Any help? Tia xx

Cole established his own sleep pattern. We tried dream feeding him at 11pm but it made no difference, he'd still wage for a night bottle, so we stopped it and let him tell us when he was hungry. Compared to a lot of babies on here he was quite late at sleeping through (he was about 20 weeks). I just let him decide when to drop his night feeds. We would put him to bed at 7 after a bottle, he'd wake for a feed at 4 then sleep until 7. Then he gradually woke up later and later for that feed until he stopped completely. Now he goes to bed at 8pm and gets up at 7:10am most days. On the odd occasion he does wake in the night (maybe once a fortnight) after a dream or something and has a bottle to comfort him but that's getting rare now x

Back