Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I just had to share- Oliver has slept through the night for 3 nights in a row!!!! :D :D

And that means I've actually had some sleep- I'd forgotten what that felt like haha!!

Wow no none prepares you for the first few weeks of motherhood I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. Breastfeeding is going well but it's every 1.5-2hrs sometimes 3 and sleep what's that again hahha I love it but boy it's tough. I never realised how opinionated people could be either haha x

Oh it's definitely the hardest job in the world by far but the most rewarding. I love being a mummy. Roll on sleeping through tho lol. You sound like u are doing a fab job :) xx

I just had to share- Oliver has slept through the night for 3 nights in a row!!!! :D :D And that means I've actually had some sleep- I'd forgotten what that felt like haha!!

Yay that's brill , what hrs does he sleep through? Mia isn't too bad through the night, last night she did 7.30-1am then 1-4 4-7 xx

Yay that's brill , what hrs does he sleep through? Mia isn't too bad through the night, last night she did 7.30-1am then 1-4 4-7 xx
He's been doing 10-6, we feed him at 9 and then put him to bed as we go to bed and he sleeps through :)

We want to put him to bed earlier but he likes to be awake (too much like his daddy!) so ATM it's not really an issue that he goes to bed at 10 cos that's when we go to bed and 6 is when hubby wakes up so it works very well indeed :)

Prior to this, he would sleep 10-3, milk, 4-8, milk and awake for the day... It's only since his 12wk jabs that he's started sleeping through :) xx

He's been doing 10-6, we feed him at 9 and then put him to bed as we go to bed and he sleeps through :) We want to put him to bed earlier but he likes to be awake (too much like his daddy!) so ATM it's not really an issue that he goes to bed at 10 cos that's when we go to bed and 6 is when hubby wakes up so it works very well indeed :) Prior to this, he would sleep 10-3, milk, 4-8, milk and awake for the day... It's only since his 12wk jabs that he's started sleeping through :) xx

That's brill :) .. Roll on the 12 week jabs then lol xx

Completely agree with Katie re hungry baby milk. N I font think, seen as Mia has had tummy trouble, I'd chance it at all. But that's just me. Ur mammy n u kno best for her xxx

Slimming girl it is TOUGH n a complete shock to the system but wouldn't change it for anything xx

I put Bella on HB milk at the same time Sarah put Cole on it and it didn't agree with her - just shows each baby different. Like Mia she was feeding all the time, reaching 30oz within 12 hours sometimes but it did even out around 9-10 weeks old.
Try HB milk if you want to as it has worked for friends baby's and Cole but as Mia has colic I'd prob stay clear... After all that though you know your baby and what's best x

Thanks for ur advise ladies, I will see how she gets on over the next couple of weeks and see of she Evans her drinking out and talk to the health visitor xx

Hi ;)
Emily is 2 weeks old tomorrow. She is feedin every 3hours and takin 4/5oz!! Is this a growth spurt already or do we think shes jus hungry lol. Yesterday she dint take much at her lunch time feed so needed toppin up alot. Today she has takeb 5oz at every feed!!
I put Lucas on hungry baby milk at about 8weeks it was brilliant stuff BUT he struggled for ages tryin 2 poo!! I dnt really want to put Emily on it but she jus eats and if she wakes up after an hour shes hungry again lol!!

She is such a joy and doin well on a night normally settled about ten/half past wakes about 2/3 and sleeps till 6/7 so at the moment I have no complaints!
Lucas is amazin with her...with have nick named her squeak coz she does tiny squeaking noises when she sleeps lol.

Happppppy xxx
Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I was told any baby in first few weeks is going to want feeding 2-3 hrly bottle or breast but I don't know as I'm breastfeeding so maybe others who have formula fed can remember early weeks. Xx

Hi ;)
Emily is 2 weeks old tomorrow. She is feedin every 3hours and takin 4/5oz!! Is this a growth spurt already or do we think shes jus hungry lol. Yesterday she dint take much at her lunch time feed so needed toppin up alot. Today she has takeb 5oz at every feed!!
I put Lucas on hungry baby milk at about 8weeks it was brilliant stuff BUT he struggled for ages tryin 2 poo!! I dnt really want to put Emily on it but she jus eats and if she wakes up after an hour shes hungry again lol!!

She is such a joy and doin well on a night normally settled about ten/half past wakes about 2/3 and sleeps till 6/7 so at the moment I have no complaints!
Lucas is amazin with her...with have nick named her squeak coz she does tiny squeaking noises when she sleeps lol.

Happppppy xxx
Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

What food are u using?

Oliver is formula fed and I remember he wanted feeding every 2-3 hours and he was taking 4-5oz a feed at about 2 weeks old!
By 4 weeks old he was on 5oz bottles and going every 3 hours!! I remember asking my HV if it was too much and she said it was partly 'normal' and partly down to him being a bigger baby.
He's 3 months old but the size of a 5 month old and takes 5x 7oz bottles a day and that soon be 8oz the way he's going! X

Wow day 10 growth spurt. The man is never off the boob it's far too early to be up and awake for a full day. I need plenty of naps today lol

God it feels like I can't get anything done and all I want is sleep husband not here today he's at a private job. Breastfeeding isn't as easy as they sell it to be lol it's a good job I enjoy it x

God it feels like I can't get anything done and all I want is sleep husband not here today he's at a private job. Breastfeeding isn't as easy as they sell it to be lol it's a good job I enjoy it x

It's so hard isn't it and I'm not even breast feeding! Mia is 8 weeks on wed and it does get easier trough the night. To my amazement she slept 10- 5.30 this morning :-0, she was up majority of the day yesterday tho so I'm hoping it wasn't just due to being tired xx

That's fab Kerry. Especially coz he was awake so much. Strangely if Éabha doesn't sleep much in the day, she's unsettled most of the night...

I just hope it's the start of her sleeping pattern lol. Couldn't believe it when I looked at the time. nick got up with her at 5.30, I then got up at 8 with her. Think it's the most sleep I've had in ages xx

Wow that's great sleeping!!

Oliver had another good night- 10:30-7!!!

That's 4 nights in a row now woohoo!

He's still teething badly- in fact he was in so much pain this morning he screamed when I put his bottle in his mouth, despite being hungry... Bonjela and Nurofen did the trick and he guzzled the entire 7oz and is currently asleep in his bouncer with his comforter bless him :)

This teething malarkey- does it literally continue like this until the tooth comes thru? I can't bear to see him suffering like his is atm, I'm just hoping his tooth isn't far away x

Wow that's great sleeping!! Oliver had another good night- 10:30-7!!! That's 4 nights in a row now woohoo! He's still teething badly- in fact he was in so much pain this morning he screamed when I put his bottle in his mouth, despite being hungry... Bonjela and Nurofen did the trick and he guzzled the entire 7oz and is currently asleep in his bouncer with his comforter bless him :) This teething malarkey- does it literally continue like this until the tooth comes thru? I can't bear to see him suffering like his is atm, I'm just hoping his tooth isn't far away x

I know I was shocked to say the least lol.

That's brill with his sleeping, looks like this is how it's going to be from now on :)

Poor little mite with his teething, I'm dreading it when Mia starts xx

Back