Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Cole didn't reduce the amount he drinks when we put him on HB. We've never had nappy issues, he poos at least once a day, and it never altered with the HB. He's pretty much always had water so I just upped that a bit too.
My friend asked her doctor about weaning as her little one was drinking loads and he said that just because a baby drinks a lot of milk it doesn't necessarily mean they are ready for weaning. We weaned Cole because he was showing every sign that he was ready but I found it easier when he was on the bottle because you never know how much food to give. It's easier now, he has sandwiches and 'proper' meals so I know how much he's getting in comparison to us but when he was on purées it was hard to know if it was enough.

Cole has started being sick after almost every meal and bottle. Not loads but definitely vomit, not just milk. It doesn't seem to bother him, it just shoots out then he carries on playing. I thought maybe he was having too much food in one go or his milk and food weren't mixing well together so have started splitting his meals and bottles up over the day but it's still happening. He's just had 4oz of milk then five minutes later was sick. He's always on the go, even when he's sat down he's rocking or trying to bounce. Could this be it? He's not been on his reflux medication for a couple of months but I don't think it's reflux anyway, he's not showing any other signs of it.

Éabha has a bottle every 4 hours. Always has done. I'd never have allowed her go longer than 4 hours in the day without a bottle. Even if he didn't seem too interested in it but that was mainly coz if she went more than 4 hours in te day between feeds, she'd wake in the night for a bottle...
I started weaning at 17 weeks n 2 days...

Cole has started being sick after almost every meal and bottle. Not loads but definitely vomit, not just milk. It doesn't seem to bother him, it just shoots out then he carries on playing. I thought maybe he was having too much food in one go or his milk and food weren't mixing well together so have started splitting his meals and bottles up over the day but it's still happening. He's just had 4oz of milk then five minutes later was sick. He's always on the go, even when he's sat down he's rocking or trying to bounce. Could this be it? He's not been on his reflux medication for a couple of months but I don't think it's reflux anyway, he's not showing any other signs of it.

Éabha spits up after food if she goes straight to playing... Only a bit but still... So she has a feed (of food not milk) then 20-30 mins in her swing (set to b still) That's keeping her food down...
We also don't give a bottle followed straight by food. She has a bottle then a good half hour later has her food x

Éabha spits up after food if she goes straight to playing... Only a bit but still... So she has a feed (of food not milk) then 20-30 mins in her swing (set to b still) That's keeping her food down... We also don't give a bottle followed straight by food. She has a bottle then a good half hour later has her food x

I think it probably is playing. Cole usually has 4-5oz then I sit him down for 20-30 minutes before I put him in his high chair and feed him. Then he stays in his high chair about 20 minutes after he finishes. He's either rolling round on the floor, crawling about or in his walker so he's probably stirring it up. I've tried keeping him sat on my knee but he just rocks backwards and forwards then throws up on my legs. In the past two days I've gone through two pairs of leggings, a pair of pj bottoms and some jeans. It's never loads but I don't wanna be stinking of sick. Smells like grown up sick now too. Nice.

I find if I sit Thomas on the floor after he is sometimes sick, think it's when he leans forward so putting pressure on his belly. I try to keep him on my lap for a little while after feeding which isn't always easy lol

I find if I sit Thomas on the floor after he is sometimes sick, think it's when he leans forward so putting pressure on his belly. I try to keep him on my lap for a little while after feeding which isn't always easy lol

Cole bends over a lot too. Or throws himself onto his belly. It's probably all fizzing up inside them!x

Oliver threw up over his nanny yesterday after she fed him cos she then started dancing with him lol!!
I told her not to but was busy in the kitchen so couldn't really see...
I always sit him down after a feed and apart from his recent bout of sickness due to colic drops, he's never done it so it must be the movement!

Started weaning and now back to night feeds after months of sleeping through..... Anyone else?? Yawn! Up at 2, 4 and 6 boooo xx

My first lucas went 4 hours between feeds n was on hb he did have pooin issues but dint up his water. Emily goes 3 hours at the minute so 3/4 houts sounds normal. Defo try hb see if it helps. Lucas went on baby rice at 16 weeks he jus started2 get sooooo hungry n seemed2 work until we went onto other stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Started weaning and now back to night feeds after months of sleeping through..... Anyone else?? Yawn! Up at 2, 4 and 6 boooo xx

We didn't wean till 24 weeks due to the milk allergy thing. However up until 26/27 weeks he was waking up 11pm, 1/2/3am 5am for the day!! I didn't feed him every time he woke as there sometimes wasn't even an hour between him finishing food and waking again!!

Babies make their own rules!! Lol xx

I honestly can't remember. Cole had his reflux so we were up regularly anyway. I think he slept through once before we started weaning (he'd done a couple of 7 hours but not all the way through) and started properly sleeping through at the beginning of June so he was 5 months ish. Xx

I think I've started weaning too early gonna hold off a whilst longer i think it's made reflux worse. Xx

I think I've started weaning too early gonna hold off a whilst longer i think it's made reflux worse. Xx

We started a couple of days before 17 weeks with baby rice then after a week or so his reflux kicked in big style so we took him back off it until about 19 weeks. We even put him back on first milk as we thought it could be the HB but nothing worked until we got the medication from the doc. Xx

Kirsty just to let you know that fan fan the fawn is on sale in the mothercare outlet for £6.50 it's pretty much exactly the same as Sophie x

Thanks Sarah I'm wondering if it's time for meds we've managed so far with gaviscon and anti reflux milk but really this last week it's got so much worse, think I will pay them a visit. Xx

Thanks Sarah I'm wondering if it's time for meds we've managed so far with gaviscon and anti reflux milk but really this last week it's got so much worse, think I will pay them a visit. Xx

:( hope he improves! It may be 4month sleep regression isn't helping either? Hope you get some rest today xx

Kirsty just to let you know that fan fan the fawn is on sale in the mothercare outlet for £6.50 it's pretty much exactly the same as Sophie x
Spookily enough my MIL brought it for him yesterday as she was let loose in a Mothercare outlet :rolleyes:

Brilliant, hope he likes it x

He had a chew on it yesterday and seemed to like it, it's staying at MIL's as she has him once a week and he's now got his own room, cot, bouncer, toys etc round there :)

Back