Pregnancy and Slimming World

Mines told me exactly same thing, and she's a lovely doctor! "Just take the length of your cycle, work out the middle and try then" so don't worry. The Downs risk does go up as age increases, but its a risk not a certainty!

Some people swear a preconception vitamin like the one from pregnacare helps, and even if you aren't using that then remember to take your folic acid!

As for the "one born every minute" I watched it and loved it, my mother however tells me that its a load of mince, 4 children later and she's had worse constipation. ;)

It is such an amzing program, we're lucky to have ladies that don't mind sharing their birthing experiences with us.

My OH was horrified when he watched the last series with me, he didn't realise how everything happened really and when the midwife was getting all the 'gunk' off the bub he was like "OMG! look what she's doing to the baby! doesn't that hurt?!".

He also didn't realise you get to see a midwife thorughout. His impressions was that you turned up at a hospital when you were ready to pop and that was that LOL and a birth plan? he didn't know it existed...Men are soo funny! I think he learn't alot watching it! He also thought they tucked the umbilical cord back up into 'you' and left it, he didn't realise that after baby was out you had to give birth to the placenta too..
:girlpower:

He was a bit more knowledgable watching the 'one born at christmas' programme then.

HAHAHAHA - I laughed out loud at this, Sorry Allie but that's quite endearingly naive!

Yeah britmum, we didn't find out what we are having this time. I did last time so had plenty of blue stuff ready, just realised I may need to buy a few biege bits for hospital!!

25 weeks for me now, I've had stomach bugs twice in the last 5 days so really hoping that's enough of the sickness for me...

jojogonnabeslim said:
Hi all
Well i went to the docs basically to tell him trying to conceive and was a bit disappointed really, dunno what i was expecting , maybe a bit of a health check perhaps? Just told me to work out when most fertile and i may be at risk regarding downs syndrome since i'm 36 and that was about it!!!! Thank god for you lovely ladies as i've learnt loads just reading the posts! looking forward to watching 1 born every minute later on.......though it might put me off!!!
:thankyou:
xxx

Hi,
I'm terrible with cycle dates etc and never knew fertile days etc but my husband found an iPhone app called "what to expect-fertility" (or search on google if u don't have an iPhone)

U put in this months period and how many days it lasts for etc and it hilights the fertile days.. Honestly, if it wasn't for this app, me and OH wouldve kept missing our opportunity. Why don't u give it a go? X

Thanks for all the advice ladies much appreciated:D I've had a quick check online for fertility dates and have a good idea when the best times are will double check when(or if) i get my next period
As for one born every minute.........it was really good and an eye opener , the poor girl screaming her head off blah!!!! got a bit scared then and i'm not pregnant yet pmsl:eek: x

jojo, i worked my dates out, .. but to be safe did it for the 5days either side of the actual 'ov day' it gave me. From my scan dates i must have conceived on the 19th, even though the chart said i should have ovulated on teh 28th, thats a massive gap.
I was incredibly, inncredibly lucky to only being TTC one month.. so.. in hindsite, just do it all the time :eek:)

Those fertility charts and the advise to try in the middle were also not much use to me, as I have a very irregular cycle with the PCOS, ranging from 23-80 days

So we basically enjoyed ourselves as often as we could.

I'm reading the "what to expect when you're expecting" book and theres a really good section on conceiving. Including things like busting myths i.e "must lie on your back" "dont have sex every day" etc

I got it from my local library, and its been really quite good.

Fern, there's a huge section on Morning Sickness too, so well worth checking it out. I saw that section and thought of you!

Sorry for another tangent but who administers the swine flu jab and how far on do u have to be to get it?

Just to let you know when I was at the hospital the midwives said that you needed to be over 12 weeks to get the jab. Not sure if it was just policy here or if it's nationwide - might be worth checking out.

You should try a Clearblue montor as it is very good for more accurate fertality timing. All the reviews on Amazon and what not have proved to be a sucess and well worth the cost in my opinion :)

Thanks for all the advice ladies much appreciated:D I've had a quick check online for fertility dates and have a good idea when the best times are will double check when(or if) i get my next period
As for one born every minute.........it was really good and an eye opener , the poor girl screaming her head off blah!!!! got a bit scared then and i'm not pregnant yet pmsl:eek: x

rosiepeace said:
Just to let you know when I was at the hospital the midwives said that you needed to be over 12 weeks to get the jab. Not sure if it was just policy here or if it's nationwide - might be worth checking out.

Thank u x

I got mines at 8 weeks, nothing about a 12 weeks limit was mentioned.

I wonder why a 12 week restriction? I mean its not a live virus? Maybe because after the 12 week point you are out of the "danger zone"?

Thanks Fern and lexie dog. There will be plenty of trying lol some times we have to grab the opportunity cos we both work shifts lol so fertility dates will probably go out the window! If its not happened in 6 months then i will look into clear blue and planning etc till then i'm chilling out lol xx

So I went to the Dr a couple of days ago for the usual checks and everything's great. Blood pressure, urine, baby's heartbeat etc are all great. They measured me and I seem to be bang on average lol. Everything about this pregnancy has been pretty much text book which I'm so grateful for. They estimate that the baby is currently 4lb 4oz and will be just under 7lbs when born at 39 weeks. Again, average lol. She does have long legs though, according to the scans :D

They've booked me in for my c-section at 39 weeks now so it's all very real eeeep!! They explained everything to expect and what the whole procedure and recovery process involves and I have to admit I'm terrified at this point! They also suggest that I pack my hospital bag now GAH!!! What do I pack?? I've read aall kinds of things from packing the barest minimum to packing your own sheets and bringing a DVD player LOL! Because I'm having a c- section, I'll be in the hospital for a few days so I need to p ack more things for myself. They provide all the baby clothes and diapers etc but I think I'll pack a few sleep suits cuz I imagine the hospital ones would be pretty basic. Does anyone have any tips as to what to pack??? So far what I have on my list are;

Toileteries & light makeup (keep products unscented so not to irritate scar)
Makeup wipes
Nipple cream
Bath robe
Dressing gown
Comfy warm bedroom slippers
Rubber flipflops for the shower (apparently the floors are gross? Ewwww)
Pyjamas x 2 (easy to unbutton in front for breastfeeding)
Towel
Wash cloth
Nursing bras
Briget Jones pants lol
Comfy going home outfit
Extra thick maternity pads
Breast pads
Music/iPod
Snacks
Camera
Books/magazines
Going home outfit for baby
Extra sleep suits
Extra nappies
Burp cloths
Socks for baby
Blanket for baby

Anything I should add/strike off the list? Thanks ladies!

Nellypenell said:
Sorry for another tangent but who administers the swine flu jab and how far on do u have to be to get it?

Just rang docs and they said they don't know about the jab!!! She's said when they hear if they're "allowed" she'll ring me!!!! Feel lost.. Also feeling lost as I want to know for definite how many weeks I am!! Either 6 or 9 on Friday but I want to know what my baby progress is like :(

Finally, can pregnant women dye their own hair?
Thanks ladies x

So I went to the Dr a couple of days ago for the usual checks and everything's great. Blood pressure, urine, baby's heartbeat etc are all great. They measured me and I seem to be bang on average lol. Everything about this pregnancy has been pretty much text book which I'm so grateful for. They estimate that the baby is currently 4lb 4oz and will be just under 7lbs when born at 39 weeks. Again, average lol. She does have long legs though, according to the scans :D

They've booked me in for my c-section at 39 weeks now so it's all very real eeeep!! They explained everything to expect and what the whole procedure and recovery process involves and I have to admit I'm terrified at this point! They also suggest that I pack my hospital bag now GAH!!! What do I pack?? I've read aall kinds of things from packing the barest minimum to packing your own sheets and bringing a DVD player LOL! Because I'm having a c- section, I'll be in the hospital for a few days so I need to p ack more things for myself. They provide all the baby clothes and diapers etc but I think I'll pack a few sleep suits cuz I imagine the hospital ones would be pretty basic. Does anyone have any tips as to what to pack??? So far what I have on my list are;

Toileteries & light makeup (keep products unscented so not to irritate scar)
Makeup wipes
Nipple cream
Bath robe
Dressing gown
Comfy warm bedroom slippers
Rubber flipflops for the shower (apparently the floors are gross? Ewwww)
Pyjamas x 2 (easy to unbutton in front for breastfeeding)
Towel
Wash cloth
Nursing bras
Briget Jones pants lol
Comfy going home outfit
Extra thick maternity pads
Breast pads
Music/iPod
Snacks
Camera
Books/magazines
Going home outfit for baby
Extra sleep suits
Extra nappies
Burp cloths
Socks for baby
Blanket for baby

Anything I should add/strike off the list? Thanks ladies!

I didn't realise you are having a c section. I will be having a planned section this time round after a traumatic emergency c section with my son.

I definately recommend getting some arnica tablets and taking those, it will help with the healing etc after the c section.

You definately want BIG oversized knickers, ones that won't dig in anywhere near your c section wound.

I noticed you already have nipple cream down, but I recommend the lanisoh one, it is fab fab stuff and the good bit is you dont need to remove it prior to feeding. It was a life saver for me when I was getting breastfeeding established.

Your lists looks fine to me. The main thing is to take it easy, just worry about you and baby and let, friends, relatives whatever do everything else ;).

Also I can't remember if they supply cotton wool at the hospital, but I would definately recommend that, for cleaning bottoms lol and wiping babies eyes etc. They tend to recommend not using wipes on new babies as their skin is so sensitive. So just good old warm water and cotton wool ;).

If I think of anything else I will let you know.

Not long to go now really. I bet you are super excited.

Back