Pregnancy and Slimming World

Birthing balls = gym balls, Argos do a value one for £5 including pump.

Baby monitor - didn't buy one, still don'thave one, no need he's always either with me or only one room away. Screaming. Loudly.

Boobs leaking. mines never leaked at all during pregnancy, only leaking now when he cries/feeds.

Thanks Lexie - was hoping that would be the case, as it's the Argos value one I quite fancy!!

Monitors - We're being given a monitor from my MIL - it's a tixilicks one. We've decided if we don't like it we'll get a better one. Also hubby has bought a small security type camera which you can rig up as a channel on the TV - so we're going to put that in the baby's room so we can check on them.

Another question ladies... who has had/is having Braxton Hicks?
I think mine started about a fortnight ago - haven't really noticed any tightening but I get waves of mild cramps like period pains. Some days I get none at all, some days (like today) it comes and goes quite often. I asked my MW and she said it's likely to be Braxton Hicks. But I just wanted to hear everyone elses experiences.

I loved my tens I bought one off eBay lol but need a new one as I broke the button but ooohhhhhhh I loved it! It soothed me I loved the feel of the electric pulse! Even tho I did still have pain it was bareable with it. I would recommend tens i'm gonna hire as I want a better quality one this time.

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 13s 12lb

I don kno if I had braxton hicks with Jacob. All I had was a right tummy n discomfort when he moved sometimes which now I'm thinkin was b hicks lol

Thought I would share some pics!!
Pic my little boy drew of mommy with a baby in tummy.
And we made peanut butter cookies today which are like mega yum omg mmmmmm we just waiting for our White choc cupcakes!

Just thought i would share all u first time mummies have all these wonderful moments to come :) xx

Attachments

• image-2181311378.jpg
    image-2181311378.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 76
  • image-797451179.jpg
    image-797451179.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 90
Aww cute pics Leeanne!

My boobs aren't leaking as in dripping :eek: when i squeeze my nipple a clear liquid came out though today it was white!!! It was only cos i read on line that you may start to see colostrum that i gave them a squeeze! lol
Regarding birthing balls.......physio said as long as its an antiburst one it doesn't matter how much you spend, i could do with one as suppose to be good for PGP/SPD pains and helps to tone your core muscles apparently! They will have them in hospital but i remember my sister was given one thats was far too big for her she kept falling off it so probably best to take your own!

Hope everyone is ok xx

p.s +3lb in a wk :eek: hope thats the milk and not down to me being a greedy pig :D

I swear I suffer from this PGP/SPD pains and I am going speak tomorrow. My consultant gave me a proscription for Gaviston due to really bad heartburn and keep being sick at night really bad!!!

I am thinking of getting a tens machine, anything to help with pain - I will be having it all, lol My friend wanted no painkillers at all during birth, I was like WTF, you crazy women!

Oh Sainsbury's and Boots have a sale, I got a couble of newborn hats for £2.50, bargain!

Thx guys :)

This time bunny I don't want anything at all not even gas n air lol

Here is a pic of the yummy White choc cup cakes!
White choc sponge White choc buttercream icing and White choc stars lol

Attachments

• image-2350025668.jpg
    image-2350025668.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 51
Wow you are brave leeanne, this is going to be my third baby and if my labour is long i will be screaming for an epidural. I did this in my last pregnancy but my labour went so quick and it was too late but sooooo painful. I will be drinking rasberry leaf tea by the bucketload again so maybe i can have a quick labour again as in my first labour my daughter was affected by the pethidine and was very sleepy for the first few hours so despite the pain it will be better for a quick labour instead of a slow drugged one. Aww those pics are so cute you have quite the masterchef there x Me and my daughters will be making fairy cakes 2moro x

Lol not so much brave lol

It's just I was sick off gas n air n didn't like it and pethidine dint do much for pain bit made mine n Jacobs heart rate drop and made me out of the zone and drugged up. So it will be epidural if I really feel I need it and it will be a mobile one!!! I wanna be active this time no resting!

I drank raspberry leaf tea with Jacob but I'd nothing but didn't start drinking bits till later one. What's it meant to do?

Ladies stay off the raspberry leaf tea please! - Raspberry leaf tea ripens your cervix, often before its ready, before you and baby are really ready and this can be distressing for babe.. often leading in either super fast, or very long winded labours and can mean a very distressed baby when finally delivered. Il be steering well clear of it!

im keeping an open mind but am hoping that with my hypnobirthing i will last most, if not all on nothing more than gas and air if needed. we shall see. the less medical intervention and drugs the better imo.

... xxxx

The first time gas and air made me vomit twice all over myself so luckily i had three nightdresses but it was a lifesaver the second time. I agree with the pethidine and don't think they should give it because it really messes you up, i was walking around in a daze. With the rasberry leaf tea it is believed that it tones up the muscles of your uterus and makes labour progress at a good pace. It doesnt help bring on labour if your overdue. It works for some women and not for others but it definately worked for me as my labour was just over 2 hours with me only pushing for 8 mins. Towards the last three weeks before my daughter was born (she was 10 days late) i was drinking up to 4 cups and it wasn't that appetising but it worked x If my labour doesnt progress that quickly this time i will be asking for the epidural too (no pethidine) x

lol anyone got any tips on how to slow labour down, I think one that's in a hospital bed and not measured in minutes would be amazing this time around, definately preferable to Lukas's suggestion that she will be born in the middle of tesco's lol I have never had any painkillers because they were all too fast I know I am a freak but I get annoyed when everyone says oh you are so lucky they were so fast it's scary. Hugs Crystal xx

lol anyone got any tips on how to slow labour down, I think one that's in a hospital bed and not measured in minutes would be amazing this time around, definately preferable to Lukas's suggestion that she will be born in the middle of tesco's lol I have never had any painkillers because they were all too fast I know I am a freak but I get annoyed when everyone says oh you are so lucky they were so fast it's scary. Hugs Crystal xx

mmm no idea on how to do this x the epidural slowed my actual labour down 2 over 24 hour in my 1st labour!

As far as I know raspberry leaf tea helps strengthen the uterus. It's not meant to bring on labour but to help the contractions to become more effective therefore helping labour progress.
You're not meant to take it before you are 36 weeks.

I took raspberry leaf tea capsules with my 2 and think that they helped - only spent 19 mins pushing Adam out.

I would also recommend a tens and birthing ball to help cope with the early contractions. Then if you feel you need it you can move on to something else.

I didn't want anything this time round but ended up spending alot of time on gas and air to help as Adam was back to back and it was way more painful than Andrew who was fairly straightforward.

However everyone is different and everyone has different pain thresholds and has different ideas about labour.

Fern from what I've heard the hypnobirthing will help immensley as there are some fab reviews online about it. Good luck hun - and use the time you have now to get all the sleep you can hun :)

Sorry if I'm waffling but have been up since 3.30 with one or other of mine!

Leeanne910 said:
Lol not so much brave lol

It's just I was sick off gas n air n didn't like it and pethidine dint do much for pain bit made mine n Jacobs heart rate drop and made me out of the zone and drugged up. So it will be epidural if I really feel I need it and it will be a mobile one!!! I wanna be active this time no resting!

I drank raspberry leaf tea with Jacob but I'd nothing but didn't start drinking bits till later one. What's it meant to do?

Gas and air made me sick but if you tell mw she can give you a injection that stops the sickness and it does work

They gave me a soloutjon to drink to stop me
Being sick. Had an infection tho so dunno if that's why and I sicked up the soloutjon too lol didn't like the feelin gas n air gave cuz I felt drunk lol

Lol i think it is very common first time to be sick from gas and air as in my second labour i was saying no i dont want gas and air it will make me sick and all they said it won't and shoved it in my hand to shut me up probably. I was scared of being sick again but i was just in too much pain to resist and luckily second time round it didnt make me sick it really helped take the edge off x

Back