Pregnancy and Slimming World

Well I'm a bit peed off today!!

Got my appointment through from the dietitian which I agreed to be refferred for cuz my bmi being 32.... Thinking it would help throughout my pregnancy....

When is it I hear u say?

26th October!!!!!!!!

I will be 30 weeks and personally I feel it is a bit soddin pointless as when baby is out I am joining a soddin sw group!!! As u get extra healthy extras while breastfeeding and I kno it's the only diet I get on with... Feel like canceling!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

Got my appointment through from the dietitian which I agreed to be refferred for cuz my bmi being 32.... Thinking it would help throughout my pregnancy....

When is it I hear u say?

26th October!!!!!!!!

I will be 30 weeks and personally I feel it is a bit soddin pointless as when baby is out I am joining a soddin sw group!!! As u get extra healthy extras while breastfeeding and I kno it's the only diet I get on with... Feel like canceling!!

argh, when - me and Sarah have our babies then (scary times)!!!

Sarah try not to worry if they catch it early (if you do have it) they can give medication and not necessarily mean you have to go into labour. Stay positive as it is quite normal for a lot of ladies to experience high blood pressure when seeing MW, it is know as white collar syndrome as it anxiety about a professional checking them out.

Thanks bunny.

I'm happy to report all is ok - MW came over to the house, and my bp was fine, and my urine was clear - yay!!
So must have just been a fluke.

So feeling much more relaxed today! Although very sore... Just can't get comfy tonight, my back is killing me!!

Got to love pregnancy insomnia, been awake since 2.30am grrr

Me too! I only got to sleep at 2am, so i have a grand total of 30 minutes sleep....today is going to be fun :) I hope you're not too tired today sarah x

My insomnia might be to do with with money worries rather than pregnancy though :rolleyes:

Leeanne910 said:

When is it I hear u say?

26th October!!!!!!!!

It's ridiculous!

Oh well I haven't stuck to it last few days as I have been soooooo hungry and not had the food in the cupboards to stick to it! But will be and I will just have to find the syns out off here! X

Must be catching lol I was up nearly all night too, sorry you are worried about money hun ((hugs))

Must be catching lol I was up nearly all night too, sorry you are worried about money hun ((hugs))

Oh no! :( Lets hope we all have a good nights sleep tonight :) :grouphugg: It's funny quite a few of my friends on facebook couldn't sleep last night either!
Thank you, I'm a natural worrier & we're moving in less than 2 weeks, it's so stressful & we're having trouble with the csa with OH other child- They've overcharged him 300% per month for 15 months! He kept saying it can't be right but kept being told it was- finally someone listened but now he can't get the money back as 'computer says no' They now say he's in arrears- the csa are a nightmare! We're contemplating going to our mp :mad:

Anyway rant over :D I'm starting back at sw next week! I'm looking forward to it as i've put on 8-10lbs since finding out i'm pregnant, I need to start eating more healthily :)

It's amazing how they are always right on your case when you underpay anything but trying to get money back off them when they make a mistake is like trying to get blood out of a stone, tax credits, child benefit etc are all the same. Maybe make an appointment with your local citizen's advice bureau they will be able to advise if you can get the money back they might even be able to help with them saying your are in arrears. ((hugs)) hope you are able to get it sorted and the move goes smoothly.

Great news Sarah - I had high blood pressure once and scared the crap out of me - one thing about going through pregnancy is don't expect anything to be a certain sequence, everything is GREY!!!
I sleep like rubbish now most of the time with tossing and turning but being wide awake but sadly my body is worn out, lol.

I am taking antibodics for a sodding water infection and they make me v,v,v hot in morning and really bloated it is hell but yayI have finished my course of meds, so hopefully I can get back to normal. Also sick most nights - including yesterday where I didn't reach bathroom in time so I spewed all over the bedroom floor. Bless, my OH cleaned the floor with the vaz whist I countined. I told my OH that I was bring up blood at the end and he got worried (me personally I think it was to do with the straign on my throat from wretching). But still he rang NHS direct went through some info was seen as an emergency so someone would ring us back at 6hrs time. I had to have in the bedroom as booted OH out as he is full of cold and snoring like the sound of the drill going of. God, when I did get to sleep I was in a deep one and got disturbed, argh sods law. Anyhow passed on OH and they think it is down to medication I am on. Just keep an eye on it and make sure that my stools don't have blood in. I seriously can not wait to have my body back!!!

It's amazing how they are always right on your case when you underpay anything but trying to get money back off them when they make a mistake is like trying to get blood out of a stone, tax credits, child benefit etc are all the same. Maybe make an appointment with your local citizen's advice bureau they will be able to advise if you can get the money back they might even be able to help with them saying your are in arrears. ((hugs)) hope you are able to get it sorted and the move goes smoothly.

It does seem to be their way or the highway! Definitely will go to the C.A.B :) they have been quite helpful before so fingers crossed they have info on CSA These government offices are bordering or criminal, it's practically theft!

Thanks for the hugs & support :hug99:

Grumble - sorry to hear about your money worries, hope you get it all sorted. And good luck for your move.

Isn't it strange that none of us slept well last night? Hubby didn't sleep either - but he said he thought baby might be on the way as I couldn't get comfy so no wonder he couldn't sleep!

Bunny that sounds scary, make sure you keep en eye on that, no wonder your hubby was worried.
I know what you mean about wanting your body back - I walked into town today and was in absolute agony with my hips and back. I can't wait to be able to walk for miles comfortably, and I can't wait to do some exercise to strengthen all my joints again.

Ps - sneaky 3 hour nap on the sofa this morning did the trick in waking me up!!

Probably TMI here, but if you are at 37 weeks now you might want to start adding a waterproof sheet or towel under your side of the bed, when my waters went with Lukas they went in one huge gush and it soaked the matress, the carpet and then the bathroom floor. I never had that with the others Leo was a slow leak that started weeks before he was born, Logan was in bits and pieces including a small gush just before he was born (you know how if you sit in the bath and pull the plug out and you end up with a gush of water when you get up, or is that just me lol), this one loses fluid when I am very stressed out but has happened a few times when just been laying down. Guess it all depends on the baby and the position they are in as to whether it gushes or drips. I always know when it's fluid leaking as opposed to anything else because it usually feels like ice water running down my leg. I know I am awful but I always feel like kicking people that say they love being pregnant, I think it's painful and it sucks and if there was some way to have the baby without the pregnancy part I would do it in a heartbeat. Just had the pushchairs delivered all starting to get a bit real and scary now, crazy to think that we will have another baby in 6/7 weeks maximum. Suppose I should really go and find something to wear, we are going out for a meal to celebrate hubby's birthday tonight and I am not sure what I have that will fit. Hugs Crystal xx

Thanks crystal - you are so right, pregnancy does suck. I know it's all worth it in the end and I'm happy to go through it all but I am soooo jealous of women who sail through pregnancy... It's just not fair!!

I actually bought a pack of disposable mats you can put on the mattress from boots - think they were about £4odd for a pack of 4. To be honest I'm more worried if they go while I'm on our lovely new dfs sofas!!
By the way have started to take raspberry leaf tea today, we'll see how that goes!! They're horrible though - huge and taste like straw!! You take between 3-6 with food. I've done 4 so far but I guess it'll depend how often I eat!!

Crystal - have a fab night out tonight, hope you find something to wear!

They do raspberry leaf tablets in Holland and Barrett might not taste as bad, spotted them when I was looking for vitamin C tablets, supposed to help iron by absorbed they usually tell me to take the iron tablets with orange juice but I kind of don't want to waste the syns on it 3 times a day when it doesn't seem to help much so thought vitamin c tablets would be a better option, at least then they can't say I am not trying. Hugs Crystal xx

It's the holland and Barrett ones I'm using... Not great!

I've been taking pregnacare vitamins throughout which have got vitamin c in... Makes me feel less bad for eating crap as I know at least I'm getting the vitamins!
Also coincidentally my nails and skin have been in amazing condition... Which I'm assuming is the vits!

I went through a stage of loving orange juice but switched to NAS orange squash now - agree juice is lots of syns (not that I'm following SW in the slightest...!)

I love OJ but gives me incrediable heartburn, anything citrusy - which is so not fair as I really want it :(

Regarding waters - it can happen anywhere, lol I have fear about being in public and just load of gushing water running down my legs (me things I have watched cliche films,lol)

Ok admittedly in public would probably be worse... You'd just look like you've wet yourself!!

Shame you can't have oj... I haven't managed to pinpoint what gives me heartburn, I only tend to have it in the middle of the night. The only time it was really bad was when I had cheese and onion sarnies quite late, guess the acid in the onions caused it? Who knows

LOL my mum's waters went in tesco and she didn't even notice until she got home, when they slow leak it's much harder to know it actually is your waters if that makes sense. Just got back from the meal, ended up wearing a black dress and some heels which killed lol, looked a little overdressed but hubby was happy. Baby enjoyed the curry and is currently vibrating with happiness, hopefully she will be in a food coma tonight and I will actually get some sleep lol. I usually don't like curry but baby seems to have been craving it since anything spicy looks really appealing lol. It's kind of funny that within 5 minutes of walking in the door hubby and the boys were down to pants and I had shoes, make up and jewellery off and nightdress on, is it really obvious how infrequently we go out lol. Kids had a nice time and were really well behaved for a change Lukas surprised us by eating more than hubby kind of ironic since when we usually go out he causes a fuss by hardly eating anything, he's so tall we usually have to pay adult prices for him so it's frustrating when he eats very little and then whines when we get home that he's hungry. Where we went tonight charges £1 for kids under 10 when accompanied by an adult so slightly ironic that he probably ate at least the adult meal price just in fish lol. Think we are going to dig out a dvd to watch. Hugs Crystal xx

Back