Pregnancy and Slimming World

Leeanne you've done amazing on your weight gain, sorry to hear there's no sign of the little one, do you know what your having?

Fnm I agree with leeanne, why aren't they treating it with more importance? Can you relay your concerns to your midwife see if there's anything they can do? x

We can't get private until end of feb!!!!!
May speak with m/w Just kind of burying my head in sand at moment. :(

Also have SPD which drs have now referred me to physio now. Oh joy joy. X

Agree with the girls fnm they should be looking into it asap. They really dont care sometimes. I remember having to argue for an extra scan to check my low placenta. In the end my placenta abrubted, could of throttled them. Big hugs hun x

Yay just had midwife appointment and heard bubba heartbeat. Plus midwife said don't worry about weight as they don't take it into account after the booking appointment
She also told me I wouldn't need a consultant appointment for my platelets unless they go down again later in pregnancy as I am low risk (platelets have risen anyway)
Fnm where do you live? you should be able to get a private appointment within a couple of weeks, even nhs could fit you in before end if November

Fnm - ouch had severe SPD with my first, I was refered to physio I got crutches and a big tubi grip over my bump to support the weight of the baby over my pelvis, I could not sleep for more than a hour at a time from the pain my husband had to help me in and out of bed. I've dug my crutches and tubi grip out already as I expect I will get it again this time. But it disappeared straight away once I had the baby.
I would speak to midwife maybe they aren't treating it as important as they might not think it's serious, they may just be putting it down as a unclear scan but in which case you would think they would reassure you xx

mummyClark said:
Yay just had midwife appointment and heard bubba heartbeat. Plus midwife said don't worry about weight as they don't take it into account after the booking appointment
She also told me I wouldn't need a consultant appointment for my platelets unless they go down again later in pregnancy as I am low risk (platelets have risen anyway)
Fnm where do you live? you should be able to get a private appointment within a couple of weeks, even nhs could fit you in before end if November

That's good news, glad you got to hear babies heartbeat I did yesterday too x

Yer was so relieved, took a while to find it and it was only faint but apparently was normal, as she's still deep in the pelvis x

That's good news mummyclark :) did you girls recieve your downs letters yet? Just wondered how long you have to wait...midwife told me they contact you within a few days if high risk??

Do you know if they still leave it that long if its high risk? Im not sure about what midwife said. Do you think they would phone if someone was high risk....

Im such a worrier im stressing so much about my scan on monday and the test, really need to CHILL OUT!

Are you high risk? I'm high risk and she just said 10 days, she said if no one rings wait for my letter so I'm not sure hun. Try not to worry sure everything will be fine x

I received my letter on Friday, so was about 10 days after my scan, I think if you are high risk they just send you a letter with a number to contact a consultant, after all 10 days isn't going to make any difference
The letter I had just came back saying I had a 1 in 10066 chance x

Oh I see sorry, I would presume if you were high risk from the test they'd contact you by phone, not really sure but I don't think they'd risk you not receiving the letter x

I think so, thats what midwife said.

Good news mummyclark! Here's hoping we all have a healthy pregnancy....i need to start feeling excited instead of being so negative x

You'll be ok once your further along, it's just the not knowing in the beginning

good evening all

Hope everyone has had a good xmas and new year -ours was blissfully quiet :D

Congratulations on the latest arrival -what a sweet little bundle
FNM -I hope they get you some answers soon and put your mind at rest,
Leeanne-hope your little one makes an appearance soon!!

Well I had my 25 week midwife check today and everything seems to be going swimmingly :cross: it stays that way. We got to listen to his heartbeat again today *how cute* and hubby gets all emotional bless him :0chacha:.
I have my glucose tolerance test on the 1st of feb and a 28week scan on the 3rd - so we get to see him again :D.-ooh and I get to see the consultant again, and then Im just waiting to hear from the anesthatist.
I have at last found the confidence to start getting his things together -his first 4 teeny weeny outfits turned up today *awwwwww* and I was on the mothercare site on new years day and spotted the pram I had my heart set on -this one :-
Mothercare Spin Pram & Pushchair - Special Edition Black Jacquard : mothercare- Nursery Equipment, Maternity Clothes & Baby Shop
only its black and sliver (it wasn't my 1st choice in colour BUT on sale at £225 I wasn't missing it ) -I really wanted one that can face me as a pram and push chair -and thats the one I loved -lets just hope it arrives soon.
Next on my list of "to gets" are his reusable nappies -does anyone else you them and have any opinions on a particular brand? -then its his car seat and finally his hammock and then thats the big stuff done..... Im chuffed that I am going to be able to get his pram, nappies and car seat for less than I was expecting to pay for his pram alone :clap:
ooh and this is going to be his bed--if I can get one...

http://www.pushchairsandcarseats.co...es-nest-baby-hammock-incl-free-sheet-set.aspx

not the prettiest of things but it looks and sounds really good and will last until he is 1 if need be;)

oooohh about the results for downs -in our area our midwife comes to the house if your results are high and tells you that you have an appointment the following day with the lady who deals with the tests so you can discuss your options of more tests etc(they don't tell you any earlier so you have less time to worry)
I know this first hand as I got the knock on the door - i have a 1:120 chance of having a baby with downs -I had a 1hr melt down when she told me then went to bed and talked to bump and decided that if I had an amnio test I had a 1:100 chance of killing him and yet he only had a 1:120 chance of having downs anyway -so I told them they weren't touching us :p. The thing is though that when I was talking to the lady she actually told me that going by my age alone that my chance of a downs baby would be 1:90 -so in actual fact I have less of a chance than expected -and thats good enough for me :fingerscrossed: -luckily since then I have had my anomaly scan where everything was fine -so Im taking that as a good sign that Charlie-bump is fine. He is certainly a little ridler and Im sure that he is now able to the cancan, riverdance and aerobics when he feels like it :p
Anyway I will stop rattling and get back to my x-stitch... hubby has dinner underway :D -bless him he is an absolute diamond (he always has been -but now Im pregnant -well he has gone into overdrive :p)
Have a good evening all -and get those feet up ;)

Last edited:
Ohhh cappricorn I love reading ur posts u can truly feel the happiness :)

In advice to reusable nappies I created a leaflet for parents at the childrens centre after I spent ages researching for myself if u wanna pm me ur email address n I can send it to you to help xx

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 40 weeks preg: 14s 13lb

Back