Pregnancy and Slimming World

Also, i rang hospital today..the midwife said if i havent heard anything today then my downs test result is not high risk.

Ive had such a chesty cough for the past 3 weeks that ive pulled a muscle from coughing so much...going docs tomorrow to see if there is anything i can take for it.

Hope you are all okay, its nice to see new pregnant ladies on here x

Hi everyone,

I have been subscribed to this thread for ages and love reading up on how everyone is doing and feeling during your pregnancies! I have been broody for quite some time now but have not dared to make any sort of leap of faith and just go for it! I turned 30 last year and really believe the older you get the more terrified you get of going for it! We can't really afford it, the house still needs work doing, what if I'm a bad Mam, what if I haven’t got a clue what to do when he/she arrives, what if I can’t get pregnant???? All of these things floating round my head terrifying the life out of me to the point of not doing it……until now!

I really want this now! If we're not ready now, we'll never be!

Just made an appointment to get my implant removed on Thursday! Eeeeeeeek! Very, very scared……and excited! Got butterflies just thinking about it! So, hopefully I will be joining you ladies soon…….wish us luck ha ha!! ;)

Ooh good luck kat... How exciting!

Good luck safia as you're next!
And good luck Mia - hope you don't get any news today.

Can't remember what else I've read - congrats to any new pregnant ladies x

How do I get my start weight thing on the bottom of my posts? Surely you don't type it out each time? tia x

It's a ticker hun, if you click on my baby one it will take you to the site and you can make one for yourself then scroll right to the top of the page, select quick links > edit signature and you will be able to add it. Hope that helps. Hugs Crystal xx

Well i got through the day without a phone call, so will assume im not high risk. Can relax a bit now, on to the next thing to worry about lol. x

Hi ladies, I never thought I would be posting on this thread.
I found out earlier today that Im pregnant, I don't mind telling you Im terrified. This is my 5th baby, and will be my 5th c-section, I was advised against anymore children after my last a year ago.
I dont know how it happend as I am on the pill, my period was due today, but I just had a feeling so did a test, Im still in shock to be honest.

So Im off to doctors tomorrow, im just hoping they are not too negative about this pregnancy because an abortion is not an option.

Iv been off and on sw for months now and haven't managed to stick to it all, but now I have the best reason in the world to stick to it and get healthy. Im just under 18 stone at the moment, which is the heaviest Iv ever been, I got gestational diabetes in my last pregnancy, and I didn't find out till I was 35 weeks, this time Im going to do my absolute best to have the most healthy pregnancy I can.

So Im looking forward to get to know you all, and I hope we all have healthy and happy pregnancys xxx

Had a very disappointing visit to the consultant today and unfortunately had the most stupid of the team too so apoligies beforehand for the rant.
I got to the hospital and was first checked by midwife and my bp was fine but my urine showed blood again and quite a lot this time so most probably an infection but will find out in a weeks time. After an hours wait i am finally seen by the consultant who i point out the low water to. She just starts asking me question about my blood glucose test and thinks i am diabetic when it says clearly on my notes on screen and in my green book that i am not. So i tell her i am only here for bmi nothing else but she doesnt believe me and so looks up the results on the comp again!
She checks baby and says he is engaged and when i ask her fully or how much she just says he's engaged! Than she tries to find a heartbeat and it takes her a full 5 mins and even i knew she was doing it in the wrong place in the beginning and baby wasnt too happy either and gave her quite a few thumps.
After the examination i asked her again about the low waters and she said it was fine and i said no it wasnt as my last baby was born in meconium 10 days late and it could have been low waters but she said that was because it was 10 late thats why. She said i will check with the head consultant but i dont think they will induce you and hey presto she comes back and says no but maybe we might give you a sweep next week!
I am so sick of seeing the stupid consultants, they dont even listen and reassure instead they just want to get rid of us as soon as possible. Last time thankgod the meconium didnt affect my daughter but this time i will seriously be having some strong words with the hospital board if he is late and born in meconium that affects his health in any way. The consultant was so lay she didnt even write down the babys heartbeat, lay, presentation, or whether he was engaged!!!!
I AM SO MAD TODAY!!!

Safia, that sounds awful I'd be foaming! Fair enough if you meet with them about your low waters and they go through everything else like bp etc but to fob you off about the low waters that not fair or helpful in anyway, I'd personally speak to the midwife and demand another appointment, if you let them know your upset and have unanswered questions then maybe they'll send you to someone a bit more helpful x

Unfortunately i dont think i will be seeing midwife now as i have another appointment with the consultant next week on monday. I really wish i was midwife led because consultants dont have a clue all they do is just sit and chat!

Ah that's rubbish, I'Ve had one consultant appointment and I'm thinking about cancelling the next and telling the midwife I want midwife care only but my hubby said give it one more go so we will see. I hope your next appointment goes better x

Lol all hubby's are the same. After my first consultant appointment i was ready not to go but he persuaded me and is still persuading me but he is a little wound up after i told him what happened today and especially as she hadnt filled in my green notes properly so 2moro he is most like going to be photocopying the green books for his records as they take it away in hospital!

Safia that's awful, I would have been really annoyed too. I would demand to be induced on ur due date because of what happened last time when u went over (won't try and spell it on my phone!)
The take ur notes off u after abt 10 days after having the baby. I photo copied mine. Do u know why they do it? Apparently its incase ppl sue they keep them til the child is 21. That us a lot of notes isn't it for every child til 21.

Welcome to the new ppl, and Congrats on pregnancies.:) sorry not mentioned by name, the Android app doesn't allow u to read msgs when replying and my memory is rubbish haha

Thats what i was trying to tell the consultant that i wanted to be induced at my due date but she just wasnt listening so fingers crossed next week i get the head consultant and have a word with her otherwise unfortunately it will be an overdue labour which i dont mind but i really dont like the thought that baby might suffer for any reason as there isnt enough fluid. Will get my hospital bag finally packed before my next appointment even though i dont think the sweep will do much for me as it didnt last time.

After this pregnancy i have made a promise to myself and also told my husband quite firmly no more babies untill my bmi is normal because the consultants this time have really made my pregnancy not at all enjoyable, they just panick me and than dont take me seriously when i want to discuss something important to me! So i think i better write that email i was meant to write to my sw consultant and let her know i want to come back and how soon can i join again after having baby x

Back