Pregnancy and Slimming World

My healthy salad

ForumRunner_20120211_123519.jpg

Lettuce, cucumber, peppers, grated carrot, red onion, pickled onions, cheese he a, tuna and salad cream 3 syns

i've had yummy chicken broth again for dinner :( i'm so hungry but i tried solid food last night and was violently sick again :( weighed myself and i've lost 10lbs apparently since monday on my scales but i'm sure there is a difference between mine and slimming world, if i've lost that much i'm going straight from class on monday to hospital for a drip.

xxx

MissSlinky2011 said:
i've had yummy chicken broth again for dinner :( i'm so hungry but i tried solid food last night and was violently sick again :( weighed myself and i've lost 10lbs apparently since monday on my scales but i'm sure there is a difference between mine and slimming world, if i've lost that much i'm going straight from class on monday to hospital for a drip.

xxx

That sounds so awful! Really hope it passes soon and u get back on track to being a blooming mummy to be! I'm sorry if u have heard this b4 but just wondering if u have tried crystallised ginger? Just a tiny slice at a time? R my health food shop does sweets to suck/chew which r meant to be amazing?! My mum was a midwife & used to talk about those as cures x

Bought a fetal heart detector & so I'm heading home 2 use it soon - excited but yet nervous incase I can't find anything

Vm019 said:
Bought a fetal heart detector & so I'm heading home 2 use it soon - excited but yet nervous incase I can't find anything

Don't panic if you don't, I've heard they are notoriously hard to place properly and many mums to be have rushed to a & e because of them needlessly!

X x x

Cas3 said:
You make me feel so guilty just had a bag chips from chip shop :(

It's okay were having pizza for tea now lol, we've just bought a load of stuff to finally make our bedroom homely so were shattered, treating ourselves to pizza x

Vm019 said:
That sounds so awful! Really hope it passes soon and u get back on track to being a blooming mummy to be! I'm sorry if u have heard this b4 but just wondering if u have tried crystallised ginger? Just a tiny slice at a time? R my health food shop does sweets to suck/chew which r meant to be amazing?! My mum was a midwife & used to talk about those as cures x

Nearest health food shop is 30 miles otherwise I've tried them, its just like as soon as anything solid hits my tummy it has to come back out lol I'm giving 4 baby pots a try in a bit!

X x x

Cas3 said:
Lovely what colour are you doing your bedroom? I lost 2lb this wk so thought I cud have a treat but also had a lovely chinese last night.
Miss slinky, I lost 2 half stone in my first trimester with my first, its scary when you losing alot of weight, if your still being really sick you should go bk to hospital x

We are having plums/deep purples, it's taken nearly 3 years to start getting our stuff together, moved into this house 17 months ago and finally got curtains today lol, went and got a couple of lamps, curtains, 2 bedside drawers, now I want to go to bed it looks great up there. 2lb loss is great, well done! I had Chinese last night too x

MissSlinky2011 said:
Nearest health food shop is 30 miles otherwise I've tried them, its just like as soon as anything solid hits my tummy it has to come back out lol I'm giving 4 baby pots a try in a bit!

X x x

It's not right losing so much weight in such little time, go to the hospital hun, I know you don't want to get hooked up but you need looking after x

Cas3 said:
Lovely what colour are you doing your bedroom? I lost 2lb this wk so thought I cud have a treat but also had a lovely chinese last night.
Miss slinky, I lost 2 half stone in my first trimester with my first, its scary when you losing alot of weight, if your still being really sick you should go bk to hospital x

2 and a half stone wow and that was ok? Di you mind if I ask how much did you weigh before you list 2 and a half stone?

X x x

oasis6918 said:
It's not right losing so much weight in such little time, go to the hospital hun, I know you don't want to get hooked up but you need looking after x

I won't go till Monday if I need it. My dad died in that hospital a year ago tomorrow and I would be hysterical if I had to be there on that day again.

I've eaten three baby potatoes and a small Hartleys pot of jelly and its stayed down so far so fingers crossed, the latest I've thrown up so far is 1am though lol

X x x

2 and a half stone wow and that was ok? Di you mind if I ask how much did you weigh before you list 2 and a half stone?

X x x
I was only 22 wiv my first I weighed 12 half stone and went down to 10 but I started to gain weight around 18 wks and put weight on steadly during the rest of pregnancy I had a healthy baby weighed 6.10lbs even though they were concerned about her growth she was perfect. I do think you should go and get checked out at hospital if your being sick still x

Oasis, your bedroom sounds lovely:) we moved into our house 17mths ago and our bedroom is plum colours too, it took my oh ages to put up a curtain pole in our room he trys to avoid diy, we need to re do some of wallpaper as my lo decided to strip it for us! I probably gained that 2lb now after that lovely chinese x

He he it'll be worth it though, we took so long cos of finally got some curtains and they were to heavy ripped the fittings out the wall, so then we bought some more and they weren't long enough, them waited a few months before gettin the landlord to come and put some wood up so it was secure, we eventually got a lighter pole off my mum a few weeks later lol but just got the right curtains now, 92" drop, we have such a big window! I'm so excited I feel like I'm goin up in the world x

Tried my Doppler & definitely heard something- hubby seemed keen to listen which impressed me rather than asking what am I at now lol - he said it sounded like a heart beat but very fast lol - so seems we definitely got it as he didn't realise it was suppose to bd much faster! Sounded like a train in a tunnel from a distance if that makes sense ;0)

Morning all

MissSlinky -hope your sickness settles down soon and so sorry to here about your dad, I lost mine on my 16th birthday (many moons ago) and know how hard the early anniversaries are.

Oasis - our bedroom is cream with plumy/purple shades too :D -we moved in December but as hubby doesn't have to go to work right now I keep setting him on with the DIY :sign0151: -I did all the decorating whilst he was still in Germany and now after 27 years in the forces he has to get to grips with doing his own repairs instead of phoning the estate warden to sort it out :p -mind I will give him his dues -so far he seems to be able to turn his hand to anything :cross:

On the baby front I seem to have a very active little tike -who we think may have aspirations to be a kick boxer or an aerobics instructor :D. I think he is trying really hard to turn at the moment as I keep getting really hard bumps on one side and then the other.. its a really odd sensation but I love it as I know he is okay when he keeps moving. Gawd knows what he is going to do as he gets bigger and has even less space to squirm -he already feels like he is trying to escape through my rib cage lol. I have another midwife appointment on Wednesday for all the usual checks -then I think Im done until the 2nd of March when I get my 4th scan :D.

Well its roast chicken dinner for us today and then to satisfy my sweet tooth I have 2pt of SF jelly with strawberries in to have with yoghurt mmmmm -I find its a life saver when I get the sweety munchies.
Right I will get off, Hope everyone has a nice day..

Hi there, my names danyelle and i was wondering if you ladies could help me?

i joined slimming world last week but my advisor if fairly new and said that she has never had any1 pregnant in her class before so she couldnt answer any of the questions i have :( :sigh:

Have any of you done slimming world while pregnant?
when you do the plan do you actually loose weight or just maintain the weight you are the now? :confused:
I have only gained 3 lbs since becomming pregnant and i dont know wether i should be able to loose weight on this diet pregnant or will i gain weight? im so confused:confused:
if anyone could answer my questions you would be a great help
thanks xxxx

Last edited:
Hi, I've been doing slimming world and most the ladies on here are in the same boat, some weeks I lose, some I maintain and some I gain - gains mostly come when I haven't followed plan. I'm 22 weeks nearly and have gained 10lb's in total, this was how much I put on before I started back on Sw, so i had lost lb of that but put it back on over last couple weeks being off plan, but I hope to lose a bit of it. I think if you stick to plan, there's no reason not to lose sometimes but remember as you get nearer the end you might put on slightly more than you can keep off even following plan as baby, water, and placenta will get heavier but you shouldn't worry about this its what your body needs, you also get an extra he a and he b on extra easy plan. Good luck :) x

Back