Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hey my lovelies sorry im awol stuck in hospital at the moment! Came up last friday as i was feeling really ill. I think its down to the bp meds bv doc thinks i have a clot. I have a chest n leg scan at 2 to see if it is. Bump is measuring 40 weeks and im 32 weeks today hope im not having an elephant

Hello, how is it going? What did they say?

geordie_lass21 said:
Am catching up on here .... It wasnt that hot to be honest and was a bit disappointing weather wise...... apparently they have had a bad winter and the weather was unseasonable cold.... but every day at breakfast you saw people in what is obviously there "going home jacket". Dont get me wrong when the sun was shining it was nice hot sun but it was cloudy and windy a lot of the time. in 7 days I would say we had 2.5 good days! The forecast for the rest of the week wasnt great either with a couple of days of rain forecast.

We had a great time tho, we relaxed a lot which was what I needed after work stresses.... but I ate far too much (all inclusive and even not drinking I still put on 7.5lbs)!!! I know I cant blame the baby either..... this is 3 courses for breakfast, lunch and evening meal.... This means I have now put on 27.5lbs by 30 weeks!

Thanks for the info, maybe I'll look at somewhere else then
Don't worry bout the weight, it might come off this week now your back to normal with food and not lounging around all day lol.

Seems v quiet on here. Is it because we all too busy eating & not very slimming world focussed? I am on the plan after my 7.5lb gain last week! I been good yest and today so far! Really want to lose at least 3lbs this week tho.

geordie_lass21 said:
Seems v quiet on here. Is it because we all too busy eating & not very slimming world focussed? I am on the plan after my 7.5lb gain last week! I been good yest and today so far! Really want to lose at least 3lbs this week tho.

I'm sure you'll manage it, I gained 3lb last week but I was very naughty, still not out that zone yet unfortunately x

geordie_lass21 said:

Very true I'm afraid, I think I ate a whole days calorie allowance for breakfast oops x

Lol ladies, Oasis - I was so ready to stop eating to be honest. I had 3 courses at breakfast, 3 for lunch and 3 for dinner (not every day sometimes I went down to 2 courses but if I did it was the salad course i dropped haha). It was amazing, they had this melted nutella and pancakes.... i had then every day for breakfast after my cooked breakfast and fruit courses haha.

i had ice cream and cake at lunch and dinner too - i wasnt even hungry by the time of the next meal and went in with the "i'm only having one course" attitude but it never lasted!

mummy clark - i reckon i had double calories every day.... :)

mia - your midwife sounds great :) I partly agree with the whole not trying to lose weight thing when pregnant, but i think the thing with slimming world is it helps u not over eat (usually). i wanted to put on no more than 35 pounds (but with my 7.5lb gain i have now put on 27.5 with 10 weeks to go) so just want to reduce some of that "water retention" haha)

ooh i forgot to add, i had my 4d scan this morning. wanted to take my little one so she could see the baby in my tummy. she was so good, and it was good to see everything on the screen. we double checked and he is still a boy :) and currently i am no longer breech. i think he turned on hols as we walked into town one day and i was in agony that night... i reckon he turned then and went lower!!

I'm in so much pain today. Think I've over done it with the walking and being in and out the car and on my feet for hours. My sciatica and spd going crazy, pelvis, back, hips, knees so painful. goin to take some paracetamol before bed but I know it'll not touch the pain. I'm goin to have to rest up tomorrow. Hope you ladies are all doing well xx

Oasis - what is spd? Is it pain when ur walking, joints around hips etc? Do u think baby could be going lower or getting in position. With Amy I was engaged (just start of it) at 31 weeks.
On hols the baby def went lower for me and everything low down hurt - hips, girls bits etc. At scan yest I was head down so he turned too.

So if u already have pain with spd and ur baby moved u probs would be in agony.

beccaharrison89 said:
rest up oasis , u bk in work mon?and how long u gt left of work?

Yeah I'm in 3 days this week, 4 days next week then 3 full weeks before I leave. I leave work at 37 weeks. If I'm lucky baby will come shortly after lol x

geordie_lass21 said:
Oasis - what is spd? Is it pain when ur walking, joints around hips etc? Do u think baby could be going lower or getting in position. With Amy I was engaged (just start of it) at 31 weeks.
On hols the baby def went lower for me and everything low down hurt - hips, girls bits etc. At scan yest I was head down so he turned too.

So if u already have pain with spd and ur baby moved u probs would be in agony.

Yeah spd is common in pregnancy but it has different severity's for each person who does get it, unfortunately mine is really bad, I had my Bump support on all day yesterday and I had my crutches out last night. Spd is where your body produces too much of a hormone called relaxin so your pelvis opens up too far - only by a couple mm and it doesn't support your bump as much as it should - doesn't effect baby just really bad for me. it's worth it in the end but I know the next few weeks are going to be agony. Baby was moving loads last night, she kept sticking her head up by my rib's and now she's lieing back transverse, it's quite funny to see as my lo was head down at this stage x

Oh I didn't know it was because of the hormone. My sis had to support her bump with a band too - I assumed it was because more comfy but I know she was in a lot of pain in pregnancy. I can't really tell positions that much tbh. Some ppl can yell if elbow or leg but I cant! Lol I just know if I lie on the sofa with the remote control on my belly he kicks it off :)

geordie_lass21 said:
Oh I didn't know it was because of the hormone. My sis had to support her bump with a band too - I assumed it was because more comfy but I know she was in a lot of pain in pregnancy. I can't really tell positions that much tbh. Some ppl can yell if elbow or leg but I cant! Lol I just know if I lie on the sofa with the remote control on my belly he kicks it off :)

Yeah it's somethin like a pelvis usually has a gap of 2mm, during pregnancy the relaxin hormone opens it a bit more, but if there's too much relaxin and lie gap is more than 4mm that's when you get so much pain but there can't be much in it because there's a really sever condition which is the next step of spd (if memory serves me right) where it gets near 10mm and that's quite bad. My sil had a body brace, I was told I'd need one with my first but I couldn't cope at the thought as you wear it over your clothes :(
I couldn't tell position much with my first lo just was able to feel lots of kicks, but this time I often have a head or a bum sticking so far out I think it's going to burst through my belly and I feel her kicking so far down in my pelvis, so we don't really get to feel her kick by touching my belly x

mia_angel said:
Does anyone know what happens with the Pre Op for an Elective C Section, and on the day?

No idea either, sorry.

I felt kicks low down last week, almost felt like a foot was trying to be pushed out.

Midwife thinks I might have spd- was at ulster rugby match yesterday & walked loads- in agony & bed last night = no sleep so resting now. Realised my ankles r a bit puffy now too. On a huge plus note though my hubby finally felt 2 kicks this morning- until now when bump was kicking it stopped as soon as he touched my tummy! I can feel a ball to right hand side which I assume is a bum but not 100% - so exciting each wee movement though :0)

Does anyone know what happens with the Pre Op for an Elective C Section, and on the day?

They do all usual take bloods, urine, might swab you for mrsa they did me cos I've had it wiv my first, blood pressure, feel your tummy, talk you through c section procedure and choice anesthetic which probably be a spinial as its a planned, they give you ur premed's which are two tablets to take one the night before ur section and the other you need to take about 6 am meant to take out any acid in your tummy to prevent you being sick during op and ur not allowed to eat or drink from midnight only sips of water up to 6am. I was booked in for a morning section waited all day without anything to drink or eat and got sent home, ended up coming bk the next day for afternoon slot so they don't always go to plan x

Hope everyone's well, VM rest up today you might off just over done it and oasis you don't sound to good with spd hope ur baby turns soon so you get ur vbac, my baby was born transverse x

Back