Pregnancy and Slimming World

Vm019 said:
They can tell a lot more from the scan and should have noted in your file that there is doubt about ur dates, in which case they should go by the scan dates! They may not actually change ur dates though til ur 20week scan which was the case with me!

Don't feel silly at all - u will spend ur whole pregnancy finding things to worry about! I still haven't stopped! I didn't feel like anything was taken seriously until I had had my 12 week scan! I felt they were laughing at me when I said I wasn't sure of my period dates as they weren't proper periods! Plus I was also going through a lot at the time as my dad was seriously ill & I was spending every free hr at the hospital! I completely missed the signs of horrendously sore boobs, my new trousers which were tight when I bought them as I was still losing weight were too tight after a week of owning them, spots and nausea! Still feel stupid having missed all of that now :0/ lol

Hope all goes well for u though & let us know if u do book a scan :0)

This is the thing I have been racking my brains for any little symptom I might have had in case I am further along. I put no periods down to stress with changing jobs. It was only when it got to june I did get worried and decide to see the docs but by then I had the bfp! I did put on weight but I was eating a lot more with the stress. I'd also joined the gym so was exercising more which can effect them too. All of this doesn't explain why I did about 10 tests in that time which were all negative! So confused!

So thank you to you all for putting up with my ramblings this morning! I have now spoken to my community midwife. She is so nice and I feel so much better after speaking to her. She said not to worry this happens all the time, and they will use the scan to accurately date me. She said I can go for an earlier one if I want but cos she is quite happy about my dates she isnt going to refer me so I would have to pay.

Whoops hit send too early then. I think before my scan I will write it all down so if I'm asked all this again I wont get all flustered with it.

Last edited:
That's great news and hopefully puts ur mind at ease- I relied on the scan dates- which weren't really set in stone til 20wks but still gives something to compare baby's size to each time u go until then :0)

baby will come when ready regardless of what anyone tells u :0) (i'm certainly realising that at the minute :D )

Wow, I'd have loved that! Skip the 1st trimester worry lol xx

That is a positive thing, but the non positive thing is that we couldnt have a lot of the tests they do in the early stages, and also we missed out on 12 weeks scan.

Plus - as i didnt know i wasnt taking any of the measures such as reducing alcohol intake, taking it easy, restrictive foods (rare steaks, soft cheeses etc)

Ellebear said:
That is a positive thing, but the non positive thing is that we couldnt have a lot of the tests they do in the early stages, and also we missed out on 12 weeks scan.

Plus - as i didnt know i wasnt taking any of the measures such as reducing alcohol intake, taking it easy, restrictive foods (rare steaks, soft cheeses etc)

I think this is one of the worries I have if they are right about my dates - I hadnt exactly been a picture of health for the three months till I found out!

Fingers crossed it hasn't caused any problems for you!

Hi girls, I dont post on here much but im in need of a good moan right now. Iv only got 4 weeks left, Im only 34 weeks but having section at 38 weeks, but im so miserable i dont know how im going to get through it. Iv already developed severe gestational diabetes and am on constantly increasing amounts of insulin, iv also got low-lying placenta but wont know how serious it is till 36 week scan. They have already warned me that because its low lying and im on my 5th section I may need hysterectomy at the same time and it will be a high risk section. So im totally terrified at the thought of it, I dont care if I have a hysterectomy, just want to know me and baby will get through it ok. Im also worried about baby becasue of the diabetes, its perfect size which is great but theres others things like trouble breathing that im worried about. To top it all off, have developed spd in my pelvis which is hell, I cant sleep, cant move and when I do I can feel all the bones in my pelvis moving around and grinding against each other, you can actually hear it too, which makes me feel sick. I really wanted to enjoy this last pregnancy but my body has other ideas, one positive is that I have gained no weight at all yet, which is good because I suspect if i had put on the amount I did with my other pregnancys I would be a lot more uncomfortable. sorry for long post just feeling really sorry for myself. x

well iv had such a horrible week with bad news after bad news. iv been really upset and crying and although i am really trying to calm myself down i still have a knot in my stomach and have been getting headaches lately. i don't want to go to the hospital if its not necessary as it will cause even more stress. how can i keep anxiety low n stay calm? i would hate to think im doing any damage to bump :-( Kay x

bailey80 said:
Hi girls, I dont post on here much but im in need of a good moan right now. Iv only got 4 weeks left, Im only 34 weeks but having section at 38 weeks, but im so miserable i dont know how im going to get through it. Iv already developed severe gestational diabetes and am on constantly increasing amounts of insulin, iv also got low-lying placenta but wont know how serious it is till 36 week scan. They have already warned me that because its low lying and im on my 5th section I may need hysterectomy at the same time and it will be a high risk section. So im totally terrified at the thought of it, I dont care if I have a hysterectomy, just want to know me and baby will get through it ok. Im also worried about baby becasue of the diabetes, its perfect size which is great but theres others things like trouble breathing that im worried about. To top it all off, have developed spd in my pelvis which is hell, I cant sleep, cant move and when I do I can feel all the bones in my pelvis moving around and grinding against each other, you can actually hear it too, which makes me feel sick. I really wanted to enjoy this last pregnancy but my body has other ideas, one positive is that I have gained no weight at all yet, which is good because I suspect if i had put on the amount I did with my other pregnancys I would be a lot more uncomfortable. sorry for long post just feeling really sorry for myself. x

I dont blame you for feeling sorry for yourself at all! Are you able to get anyone to help you round the house etc so you dont have to get up so much? Could you talk to your midwife or doc before the operation to give you reassurance and go over in detail what will happen?

bailey80 said:

I'm sorry to hear your having such a crap time, I suffered with severe spd with both pregnancies so I know how you feel with this, I don't know anything about. if diabetes so I can't offer any advice with that but I'm sure the doctors will keep a close eye on you and let u know if there's anything to worry about. I hope your placenta has moved by you next scan so that's one less thing to worry about. Try not to get too down, you'll have your gorgeous baby in a few weeks xx

kayleigh.rebecca said:
well iv had such a horrible week with bad news after bad news. iv been really upset and crying and although i am really trying to calm myself down i still have a knot in my stomach and have been getting headaches lately. i don't want to go to the hospital if its not necessary as it will cause even more stress. how can i keep anxiety low n stay calm? i would hate to think im doing any damage to bump :-( Kay x

Oh no you don't sound like your having a good time, what's up hun? Baby is stronger than you think but if your worried about the stress speak to your midwife and at least your mind will be put to rest. hope your feeling better soon x

hi im just having a down week. my grandad passed away on Friday as did the family dog of 18 years. and over the weekend my dad was took into hospital so its been really hard to keep up with. also on Saturday my car was stolen and it felt like the icing on the cake! im very anxious at the mo and just can't seem to get rid so iv made an appointment at docs for that. as i can't feel baby move just yet i worry that something is going wrong inside. Kay x

kayleigh.rebecca said:
hi im just having a down week. my grandad passed away on Friday as did the family dog of 18 years. and over the weekend my dad was took into hospital so its been really hard to keep up with. also on Saturday my car was stolen and it felt like the icing on the cake! im very anxious at the mo and just can't seem to get rid so iv made an appointment at docs for that. as i can't feel baby move just yet i worry that something is going wrong inside. Kay x

Goodness! What a week you've had! Could you go and see your gp or midwife and talk it through with them. They can offer you some conselling or someone to talk it all through with. Hope things start looking up soon x

yes its been stressful to say the least! i have managed to get an appointment at gp to talk about the anxiety so just having the appointment has put my mind at ease. and my poor bf is helping me a lot as he thought i was ready to explode on Saturday. off work for a while is helping.. even had a 3 hour afternoon nap today which i am now entitled to being pg :) thank you for the replies i love this thread its been so helpful just to keep reading through. thanks Kay x

kayleigh.rebecca said:

Oh wow you've had so much to put up with :( no wonder your anxious. G hope you got your car back in one piece. I'm sorry for your losses hun. Is your dad okay? x

oasis6918 said:
Oh wow you've had so much to put up with :( no wonder your anxious. G hope you got your car back in one piece. I'm sorry for your losses hun. Is your dad okay? x

I agree you've had a rough time..., when I lost my dad I freaked out cos all u hear is family telling u u need 2 rest relax & eat etc for the health of your baby... And this makes u worse! My midwife really emphasised how string wee babies r in there and to just try putting yourself first and relax and ba y will be fine- I phoned the admissions in our mat dept in hospital and spoke to a midwife then & there who put my mind at ease more which u could try? Definitely comforted me!

So sorry to hear of your losses, and your car was certainly the last thing u needed! Try spending as much quality time with ur other half & let him do anything he offers to help u out & let u relax x

thanks for replies. i totally agree about every single person i know telling me iv got to chill out and stop stressing its not good for baby! it drives me mad!! boyfriend is doing loads and got to admit im enjoying it. the lack of sleep wasn't helping but thank god im back on track with sleeping so it does help. x

bailey80 said:

Bailey, sorry to hear your having such a tough time. Don't be sorry for having a moan - sometimes its just good to get it all out. I understand it must be really worrying, but try stay positive and keep talking to your midwife with any of your worries ( and us if you need a sympathetic ear) Not long until your 36 week scan, which will hopefully show things are looking good. Big hugs x

kayleigh.rebecca said:

Kayleigh, so sorry to hear about your horrible week, no wonder your feeling anxious and stressed. As everyone has said, these babies are tough little things and our bodies do everything they can to protect them. I'm sure talking to the docs will help, just talking things through. Take it easy xx

Mrs CC said:
So thank you to you all for putting up with my ramblings this morning! I have now spoken to my community midwife. She is so nice and I feel so much better after speaking to her. She said not to worry this happens all the time, and they will use the scan to accurately date me. She said I can go for an earlier one if I want but cos she is quite happy about my dates she isnt going to refer me so I would have to pay.

Whoops hit send too early then. I think before my scan I will write it all down so if I'm asked all this again I wont get all flustered with it.

Glad your feeling better now. Some people are just so insensitive and dismissive!! Grrrrr!!! I don't know if somebody mentioned already but at your scan they measure the babys length (i thinnk) and it will bring up an exact date for you, and they disregard the date the midwife gave you at your booking in. Don't worry!! Hope you have your scan date soon! X

Back