Pregnancy and Slimming World

Unfortunately though if you do red or green days where you get 2 of each anyway you don't get extra its still just 2 each, but it does make a big difference I think. Enjoy :) x

geordie_lass21 said:
snack wise i recommend those ryvitta wholemeal crackerbreads (6 for a HEB) and half a tub of low low spreadable cheese (half tub is a HEA). I go for the spicy one and its really filling :)

this sounds great, iv not seen wholemeal crackerbreads are they from usual supermarkets? and would it count if i used philly light? this sounds perfect for me im putting my coat on now n getting to asda!! thank u x

Does anyone know when you can rejoin class after having a baby?? Is there a timeframe or does it depend in your consultant?

When I text mine to advise I was taking a break she said she would see me when I was ready.....???!!

Ellebear said:
Does anyone know when you can rejoin class after having a baby?? Is there a timeframe or does it depend in your consultant?

When I text mine to advise I was taking a break she said she would see me when I was ready.....???!!

Are you a target member. My friend is although she hasn't attended throughout pregnancy and she just comes and goes as she pleases :) x

i think its when your ready. i joined 3 months after having my son, but would of earlier if we wasnt moving,,, i had a friend join when her baby was 3 weeks old x

hi i posted on here not long ago about how down iv felt about bad news i had and seemed to get over it really well. well now my 1 year old cat got ran over yday and has a broken jaw. she is in an animal hospital and were not sure if there is much that can be done just yet. im absolutely heartbroken and have not stopped crying since. i feel a little silly as she is just a cat but its really upset me. i feel sorry for this poor baba as i feel like iv done nothing but be emotional and upset since being pregnant. has anyone else been in a similar position and is all ok? just worried i suppose x

Ellebear said:

Im dying to get back! Stopped weighing myself a couple of mths b4 I had her- maybe 3 mths!? As I just got fed up paying to be told I was gaining!

Got weighed before the epidural & realised to my horror that I had gained over 6st! However I weighed myself this morning and in a week I have already lost 34lb! Only 3.5st left roughly- which doesnt seem as bad! Kelsey was 8 14 and I was really swollen with fluid near the end- plus I'm breastfeeding which is helping! so don't look at what u have gained now- wait a week r so- it wont b half as bad as u think!

I contacted my consultant hoping to get back last night & she said they recommend 6 weeks which I'm gutted about!

Vm019 said:
Im dying to get back! Stopped weighing myself a couple of mths b4 I had her- maybe 3 mths!? As I just got fed up paying to be told I was gaining!

Got weighed before the epidural & realised to my horror that I had gained over 6st! However I weighed myself this morning and in a week I have already lost 34lb! Only 3.5st left roughly- which doesnt seem as bad! Kelsey was 8 14 and I was really swollen with fluid near the end- plus I'm breastfeeding which is helping! so don't look at what u have gained now- wait a week r so- it wont b half as bad as u think!

I contacted my consultant hoping to get back last night & she said they recommend 6 weeks which I'm gutted about!

Wow that's amazing you've lost more in one week than I've lost in 10! Bet you don't feel as bad now. how's Kelsey getting on? x

oasis6918 said:
Wow that's amazing you've lost more in one week than I've lost in 10! Bet you don't feel as bad now. how's Kelsey getting on? x

I lost 2st during delivery though and know I might put some of that back on as I lost a lot of blood so that will be replenished- I dont think I look like I've as much on as I have but my maternity jeans r still tight! Strange! My tops r too big so must have put all my weight on my bum and legs!

Feeling great- bfeeding going great today- she slept quite well last night after constant feeding til midnight she only woke every 3 hrs for a feed- and today I managed another 1.5hr nap myself! Just hope she is ok tonight as he is away to a darts comp and has another tomoro afternoon! Ekk! Maybe try & nap again if she does incase we r up all night!

How r u getting on now? Can't believe it's been 10weeks now for u! I've little appetite do perhaps that's part of reason for my loss too and no doubt that'll soon change!

Vm019 said:
I lost 2st during delivery though and know I might put some of that back on as I lost a lot of blood so that will be replenished- I dont think I look like I've as much on as I have but my maternity jeans r still tight! Strange! My tops r too big so must have put all my weight on my bum and legs!

Feeling great- bfeeding going great today- she slept quite well last night after constant feeding til midnight she only woke every 3 hrs for a feed- and today I managed another 1.5hr nap myself! Just hope she is ok tonight as he is away to a darts comp and has another tomoro afternoon! Ekk! Maybe try & nap again if she does incase we r up all night!

How r u getting on now? Can't believe it's been 10weeks now for u! I've little appetite do perhaps that's part of reason for my loss too and no doubt that'll soon change!

Yeah everythings fine, kids are great. Naomi sleeps 8 hours a night so I'm not missing any sleep, she feeds all the time :) I lost my appetite for a bit after first which I loved as It meant I wasn't wanting to eat rubbish but my appetite soon came back x

Hi girls, a little advice really... I started slimming world last nov or early dec anyhow until now I've lost 2 stone and to get to goal of like to lose another 2 stone. Well at 5 weeks pregnant we've told a few people (close friends and family) and they have all told me not to bother with slimmimg world anymore cause "I'll just get fat" anyway :( its a bit disheartening really as since I foun out its given me the kick up the bum to be really healthy for my baby. Should I just tell people I've given up slimmimg world to keep them off my back or just change the subject. The only truly supportive person is my husband as he sees on a daily basis what and how much i eat. Have 3 good meals a day plus snacks normally of fruit and yogurt have all my h ex and I always eat at the very least 10 syns a day!! I just feel too tired to keep explaining myself :( x

FionaMcd said:
Hi girls, a little advice really... I started slimming world last nov or early dec anyhow until now I've lost 2 stone and to get to goal of like to lose another 2 stone. Well at 5 weeks pregnant we've told a few people (close friends and family) and they have all told me not to bother with slimmimg world anymore cause "I'll just get fat" anyway :( its a bit disheartening really as since I foun out its given me the kick up the bum to be really healthy for my baby. Should I just tell people I've given up slimmimg world to keep them off my back or just change the subject. The only truly supportive person is my husband as he sees on a daily basis what and how much i eat. Have 3 good meals a day plus snacks normally of fruit and yogurt have all my h ex and I always eat at the very least 10 syns a day!! I just feel too tired to keep explaining myself :( x

Congratulations first of all :D and well done on ur 2 stone weight loss! Slimming world recipes keep ur diet healthy & great for mum & baby so u r right to stick at it! U are gonna gain weight - its only normal- but following SW just limits ur gain! Some folk on here have done really well only putting on a few pounds - however I followed SW until I started craving sweet things & in particular haribo gold bears! Then things kinda went out the window and I focused on fact that I had lost the weight b4 so could do it again once bump was here! See what suits u best depending on how u r feeling but keep the plan at the back of ur mind at least to boost ur healthy eating- and u get ur 2 hex a's and b's but ur r also advised to use ur full 15 syns!

I think SW keeps ur head focused, encourages super heslthy eating, and limits the damage u might do by getting weighed each week- I found that when I stopped going at 6/7 mths i really went off the rails as I had no idea of my gains!

I'm guessing you won't want to tell folk until u r about 12 weeks? Ur gain shouldn't be that noticeable by then- its normally only a few pounds- and given u have already lost 2st I would use the excuse ur body is having a blip getting used to the weight you've already lost as I know this happens! I used to have a few weeks of a STS every so often and assumed my body was readjusting! You're bonus is ur hubby is there to support u! Thats fantastic - and regardless of what others think - u r doing fab- and have an extra special secret to share when u r ready :0)

FionaMcd said:

Hi Fiona!!

Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy!!! And well done for losing 2 stone!! :)
That's so ridiculous, I've had the same thing from people I know telling me to "eat the cake/crisps/etc" blah blah blah. Slimming world not only is a weight loss plan but it's also a fab healthy eating plan which will be so good for your baby!! I don't suggest you still try to lose weight, but I think you can keep things under control by sticking with slimming world and once you've had the baby you won't be huge. I was at target when I found out I was pregnant, and I've been determined not to end up having a struggle with my weight at the end of my pregnancy, I've done that for the past 10 years! Don't get me wrong, I still eat cakes and crisps and naughty foods alot, but as long as your trying to stick to the plan it's better than piling on extra pounds. DO NOT beat yourself up if you have bad days too, especially to start with, your body is going crazy with hormones, feeling sick, sometimes you just need to have what your body wants!!!

Anyway, to answer your question, you don't really need to tell them anything, just that your eating healthy for the baby. Hope your feeling well ( sorry for the rant!!) xx

Thanks for the replies. Makes me feel much better. This week I lost half a pound and I said to tony I'm not trying to lose it it just came off. I have been eating lots of good food and always have a yummy synful snack or 2 or 3 :) at night when imi goes to bed. It's just I'm already fed up with comments and I'm not even in swing of pregnancy yet. Aaaaargh. X

Hi everyone! Just found this thread!
I started Slimming world in January as we were going to start TTC and I wanted to be healthy. Due to working away I ony went for a month. We conceived in June and when I was 8+2 weeks I miscarried whilst on holiday in Scotland. We were/ are devastated. Its 5 weeks tomorrow since it happened. I did a pregnancy test 8 days afterwards and it was negative. I also had scans whilst at Scotland and the last one showed it had been a complete miscarriage. Since day 8 until Monday just gone I have done an ovulation test and had negative everyday. I was so chuffed on Monday when it was positive but then it was positive on Tue, Wed and Thur!! We had been making the most of my fertile time and TTC again. Anyway I thought the positive ov tests were strange so looked it up on the internet and someone said it may because your pregnant. I rushed to the shop and bought a clear blue pregnancy test (the one that tells you how far you are) and I said to my husband "i wont be pregnant ive not ovulated yet, you can look at the results while i jump in the shower", he then says "It says PREGNANT!!!!!"
We were so shocked, we did the second one and it was the same. It says we conceived 2-3 weeks ago which will mean im 4-5 weeks pregnant!!
We are amazed, scared, over the moon all in one!
I went to my doctors on Friday and he said Are you sure you miscarried last time? I said yes 100%, it was horrific!
Anyway....my husband and I joined Slimming world 3 weeks ago to try to get healthy so when conceived again i would be healthier. Ive lost 8lbs in 2 weeks. I told my Slimming World Consultant on Thursday and she said Im fine to carry on whilst Im pregnant.
Im really pleased about this as my BMI is already 32 so I want to try to prevent piling on the stones.
Im so happy and I hope I can keep this way of eating up throughout the pregnancy. It will be our first baby so we dont know what to expect! I just cant wait to get past the 12 weeks stage
Good luck to everyone. This is a great thread! Im looking forward to following everyones journeys
xxx

Back