Pregnancy and Slimming World

Cheeky - your bump is soooo cute and neat. Nothing like mine at all and we're about the same time - only 9-10 weeks to go (although taking into account the 2 weeks before and after the due date 8-12 weeks!)

I was at the hospital on weds and my bump is apparently measuring 24 weeks instead of the 29 it should have been measuring. However a scan has shown that the baby is at the right size so all is fine at the moment.

I've put on nearly a stone at the moment - will prob go over that tomorrow at WI but I really haven't been sticking to plan much at all. I've had white bread, cereals, and full fat milk rather than much chocolate or sweets - although did have a big box of chocs for my birthday which I did eat.
Am not overly worried about the weight gain at the moment - I was about 11 and a half stone when I found out I was pregnant and now nearly 12 and a half again - but I started SW at just over 14 stone so am ok with the gain - I still have a long way to go to target. I piled a load on with my son and don't want to make the same mistake - but I also know that I piled more on afterwards with my son and that I can avoid it if I stick to SW - although at the moment it is difficult mainly as I have no will power at all at the mo!

Hope everyone keeps well - best wishes to those who are TTC.

rosiepeace said:
Cheeky - your bump is soooo cute and neat. Nothing like mine at all and we're about the same time - only 9-10 weeks to go (although taking into account the 2 weeks before and after the due date 8-12 weeks!)

I was at the hospital on weds and my bump is apparently measuring 24 weeks instead of the 29 it should have been measuring. However a scan has shown that the baby is at the right size so all is fine at the moment.

I've put on nearly a stone at the moment - will prob go over that tomorrow at WI but I really haven't been sticking to plan much at all. I've had white bread, cereals, and full fat milk rather than much chocolate or sweets - although did have a big box of chocs for my birthday which I did eat.
Am not overly worried about the weight gain at the moment - I was about 11 and a half stone when I found out I was pregnant and now nearly 12 and a half again - but I started SW at just over 14 stone so am ok with the gain - I still have a long way to go to target. I piled a load on with my son and don't want to make the same mistake - but I also know that I piled more on afterwards with my son and that I can avoid it if I stick to SW - although at the moment it is difficult mainly as I have no will power at all at the mo!

Hope everyone keeps well - best wishes to those who are TTC.

Hiya thank you. A stone gain is really good. I've not intended to have a little gain. I had planned to gain abt 33lbs but I've been very very lucky.

Just hope I've got the same dedication to get the baby weight off once she arrives lol x

Guys im really struggeling. i am SO hungry, i feel like crying. I have been fighting the urge for white bread and chocolate cake for days now, and whilst i praise myself with every 100% day iv managed so far im seriously hungry.. nothing is helping. i have to go to work tomorrow and im actually really concerned that il struggle.
i cant understand why im so hungry now that im eating properly again?

im going through two yogurts a day, tonnes of fruit, and i mean loads.. wholegrain rice and pastas .. potatoes.. meat.. i am eating proper meals.. big portions so i dont get hungry.. why is my body so determined for me not to stay on plan???

iv been sat on the sofa eating my alpens, but i can feel im still hungry, they are satisfying nothing.. i am hungry, i am.. really really hungry. i want a sausage sandwhich so bad i could cry.

If you want it then have it, don't let it get you down, soundsl ike cravings and I have read many books that with in reason you can have them. No point being sad you can easily lose the weight from breast feeding and walking the baby alot :)

If its real hunger you'll eat anything. If its hunger for a specific thing like a sausage sandwich and you want that and only that, then its a craving.

*Mammy voice on*

Fern weigh up what's more important to you during this pregnancy, do you want to relax and enjoy it or be strict about your eating and maintain a specific weight range? Possibly to find a balance between the two?

Eat what you like within reason like Bunny says, your overall diet is healthy enough so cut yourself a bif of slack. Have a bit of cake, don't make the one in your cupboard but pay the extra for an individual slice or two from Asda. Yes it's more expensive but its enforced portion control. Balance it out and get some extra walking or swimming done during the week. Do you do aquanatal?

Have a piece and sausage but get a higher fibre "white" bread and lower fat sausages.

Think about maybe a year down the line, when you look back at this pregnancy what do you want to remember it as? I mean you seem to be constantly stressed about food and I worry about you.

You're only young, this is your first baby and you shouldn't be tying yourself up in knots about food like this.

Take a step back and think about it logically, if it was ME who'd posted your post, what would you tell me to do? Seriously. Be a bit kinder to yourself

*mammy voice off*

Totally agree with Lexie... the last thing you want throughout pregnancy is to be upset about your food habits. Relax, enjoy yourself, and as Bunnylovesalan said, breastfeeding is one of the best ways to lose weight - as is lugging a pram here there and everywhere.
Chillax and enjoy honey - you deserve it, it's a hard job you're doing xx

i know i know. if i looked at my post and it wasnt written by me i'd be like, wow.. she needs to chill out!

over all i do feel quite relaxed.. but admittedly i have always had problems with portion control, and bingeing.. for example the whole cake thing.

its somthing iv learnt to control but never conquer, and i suppose iv accepted that because controllling it is better than it being out of control.. but i dont think its somthing i can ever 'fix' its just programmed into me. I have no self restraint when i get going, i can resist and resist, but once i give in just a little.. its the whole day.. sometimes even the whole week.

My main fear isnt how much i gain during pregnancy, but how much il have to loose after. I worked so hard and it was emotionally draining at times, facing up to reality etc. I cant imagine having to do it all over again. I was so happy for the first time in my life pre-preg weight wise, so whilst i really, genuinly.. love love love my bump.. iv this nagging feeling that in 4 and a half months, this will all be over, and i will be working my arse off to get it off again, kicking myself that i wasnt stricter during pregnancy.

its a horrible mindset to be in. I really love being pregnant now, i genuinly do.. im off to my scan this afternoon and im so unbelievably happy with the way my life is going at the minute i feel like im on cloud nine.. i think alot of this is hightened hormones, combined with the fact im conciously actually trying to stick to plan this week, where as iv been so far from the plan since the day i got pregnant, im recognising all my bad habits coming back.. i cant go into a shop without buying somthing foody.... i cant just get petrol, i have to buy food. i cant just have 2 slices of toast, i have to have another round.. etc.

am i really that messed up or is my concious just getting the better of me?

x

Or are you just normal and hungry and giving into cravings?

I was going to have lentil soup and an orange for lunch. Ended up having a roll with chips and a jar of mussels. I'm not beating myself up about it, as its everything in moderation, but being honest I could easily go back and have another one.

The only thing I can recommend is taking time to weigh up what you want. I've seen me standing in front of the biscuits for a good 5 minutes before deciding I don't want them and walking away. Gets me some wierd looks but....

Same with the toast. I could easily eat a good half loaf if left beside the toaster. I have to take my portion and walk away, then I don't want so much afterwards

I don't know what else to tell you really but you have to try to relax either by getting on plan and getting your control back, or letting go of the reins for a bit. But you will have to choose you can't keep splitting yourself in half like this.

Fern - I agree totally with what Lexie has said. It sounds like some of what you want is cravings. If I were you get in a half loaf of white bread, the low fat sausages, and try some of the WW chocolate cupcakes - they are really chocolatey!
When I was pregnant with my first I was told that 9 times out of 10 cravings means that our body is missing something that it needs - eg, icecubes means that you need more iron I think!
I know with this pregnancy I've been on the white bread something chronic!
And a couple of weeks ago I would have taken chocolate out of your hand I wanted it that much - but now I'm not fussed on chocolate at all.
You will likely find that things will settle down - if you feel you would eat a whole loaf get 2 or 4 slices from a friend instead, then you will only have a certain amount in the house.

But try not to fixate on the food - I know that's easier said than done but sometimes fixating on food makes you want it even more! I know that's true with me!

Also I'm just back from Asda and drew up a list so i wouldn't put anything extra in the trolley. I'll be honest without the list all sorts would have been going in.

It's not easy bakin' a baby!

I have a horriable headache, woke up to it in the middle of the night and it just will not shift with paracemol. I can not even do my revision as my head feels like it is caving in. After my work at 4pm I will have rest up and hope it goes away tomorrow.

hi ladies. Im back from 20 week scan, will get pics up tomo eve when i ahve access to printer!

baby is beautiful, he was curled up in such a tight ball she couldnt see anything to begin with, then after some poking and proding he wouldnt hold still!! .. his head, brain fluid, skin fold on neck, heart, kidneys and skeleton etc all measure perfectly.. he has long legs like his daddy and im certain hes got his dads 'roman' nose (as he calls it lol!) we did stay team yellow, GO US! which i actually thought would be so much harder but because she knew we didnt want to know she didnt go near that area and i didnt even try to look as i was so amazed at the difference i almost forgot! .. we think the baby 'looks' like a boy though, but who knows hey, i might be cooking a princess in there.

i had chicken and bacon salad at lunch at the pub with my mummy, and shared her chocolate mouse pot.. i feel like i can cope now. lol

i do genuinly feel hungry, but because no matter what im eating fills me up i think its intensifying my cravings, like i would eat anything at all.. but i do really fancy certain things.. but expect i would still be hungry after!

xx

i stopped drinking pepsi max when i got preg as i couldnt drink it at all without hurling untill 16 wks, but im enjoying it again now and decided to buy cans.. can i have two cans a day safely? xx

Depends what you read the limit for caffeine varies between 200 - 300mg. If you stick to the lower limit of 200mg you're looking at 5 cans of juice a day if you're not taking any tea or coffee.

Caffeine and pregnancy: what's safe?

And show us some pics of your scan! I loved the 20 weeks scan, baby looked like a big real baby. It was amazing.

i will get some pics up tomo asap when i have access to scanner after work!! i cant believe how much it had grown, i was almost convinced it wasnt really in there even though i could feel! .. its such an amazing experiance..i wish i could see my baby all the time! he was proper waving and jiggling about in there.. x

After my scan I kept grabbing my husband in a fit of excitement and saying "WIGGLY BABY" he kept going "I KNOW" and randomly "WE MADE A WIGGLY BABY"

Now when baby kicks he likes to feel and although a part of him is freaked out, a part of him is like "YEAH! WIGGLY BABY"

I have a feeling despite whatever name we pick for baby, baby will be known as "Wiggly".

I was high for weeks after my scan. Even now when I look at the pics I get a wee gush.

Grumble - Just because you're overweight doesn't mean you can't have a successful pregnancy it just increases the risk factors but it's NOT a guarantee of developing problems. Slim women can have difficult pregnancies too. All the above risks are present for all women, but the incidence increases in the overweight/obese population.

Losing weight during pregnancy isn't advised, but healthy eating is, which is why I'm trying to stay on plan. I probably go over "syns" most days but to be honest its not an issue as I'm not followign SW to lose weight, but to make sure my eating habits during pregnancy are as healthy as possible.

Personally my pregnancy has been *touch wood* so easy so far. Yes a couple of pre faints, but that could happen to anyone, and some heart investigation as I developed a benign pregnancy heart murmur - but this is very common in pregnancy anyway.

The only thing is I've started to get some niggling pelvic pain, which I think might be the start of Pelvic Girdle Pain. Beuing overweight put me at risk of this.

You can continue with SW whilst pregnant with the help of your midwife and do it in the run up to ttc. Go with what you think is right, read more information, don't just take my word for it after all I'm speakign from personal experience so my perspective may be skewed. Read up and speak to your GP and take it from there :)

Thank you for so much info :)... just going to not worry about it...carry on with sw while ttc & do my best to stay healthy when/if i do become pg :)

Hello:wave_cry:
Oh god the symptoms really kicked in this morning:eek: Went for a shower, i had really bad 'bent over double' stomach cramps, thought the water would help but then started to feel faint so threw myself out the shower and on the bed lol (what a sight) and wet my OH through! Felt really sick for about a min then the cramps went away and been ok since, tbh it frightened me to death, was thinking that i was possibly mc! Had no blood and feel fine now though..........the joys of pregnancy!

Fern xx don't be too hard on yourself and i hope your ok, mmm something else for me to look forward to lol!Better make sure my locker at work is stuffed full of packet foods just in case, especially on nights! x

Back