Pregnancy and Slimming World

I had really bad nausea and sickness with Charles right through and especially at the end it was direr nothing stayed down. The midwifes were like 'have bland food' I did it's brought up in the bowl next to you ;) I also brought up all fluids as well! I had extremely bad heart burn and have a hatred for gaviston even now. My heartburn at present is a niggle but something that is not to bad luckily.

I hate gaviscon too but am ok with rennies and sometimes milk helps too. (Not great for h ex a -oh well lol)
At the moment my heartburn is stopping me from sleeping well and also as soon as I lay down I feel like dinner is coming back up :(

Hi all, can I join in too. Found out 4 weeks ago that I am expecting my first. I am 16+1 and so far my eating has just gone to pot been stuck in the office in work so found myself boredom eating! Got to hear the heartbeat today for the first time (well once it stopped moving for all of a few seconds). Want to sort my head out now before I gaim loads more than I need to :)

Hi all, can I join in too. Found out 4 weeks ago that I am expecting my first. I am 16+1 and so far my eating has just gone to pot been stuck in the office in work so found myself boredom eating! Got to hear the heartbeat today for the first time (well once it stopped moving for all of a few seconds). Want to sort my head out now before I gaim loads more than I need to :)

Congratulations and welcome x

Urrgghh not feeling well at all, looks like i have caught noro again after my bout last week! Also had the biggest lecture ever from my husband about my wayward eating so having a sulk tonight. I will admit on here he is right but not in front of him so will be getting back to sw 100% and go back to group as planned next week and hopefully try and minimise the gain that has brought me back into the 13s. Still not had my scan appointment which is quite useless but the hospital is pretty useless so will have to have a word with midwife about that on my booking day appointment. At my first scan the sonographer just said about 10 weeks and didnt give me a due date so really want a due date as i have no idea when i conceived because of my abnormal bleeding. This pregnancy doesnt seem real to me as yet even though i look like i am 5 months pregnant!

I hate gaviscon too but am ok with rennies and sometimes milk helps too. (Not great for h ex a -oh well lol)
At the moment my heartburn is stopping me from sleeping well and also as soon as I lay down I feel like dinner is coming back up :(

I can't anything heartburn products, just takes me back to being ill in my last pregnancy, lol Aw, I feel for you I was like that but make sure you eat a little earlier before bed as I found that helped a tat, not a miracle but it helped :)

awww, I find distractions help me from thinking about food! Congrats anyhow and it such an amazing feeling to hear the heartbeat, my last pregnancy sounded like a steam train going through my ears, lol!

Urrgghh not feeling well at all, looks like i have caught noro again after my bout last week! Also had the biggest lecture ever from my husband about my wayward eating so having a sulk tonight. I will admit on here he is right but not in front of him so will be getting back to sw 100% and go back to group as planned next week and hopefully try and minimise the gain that has brought me back into the 13s. Still not had my scan appointment which is quite useless but the hospital is pretty useless so will have to have a word with midwife about that on my booking day appointment. At my first scan the sonographer just said about 10 weeks and didnt give me a due date so really want a due date as i have no idea when i conceived because of my abnormal bleeding. This pregnancy doesnt seem real to me as yet even though i look like i am 5 months pregnant!

LOL @ hubby! That must be so frustrating not knowing the dates, I had abnormal bleeding last time and had two periods and shed load of neg tests.
The thing is with your diet is tackling it to stop more damage and you gaining control!

I've had much less heartburn than last time as I'm eating so much healthier, find yoghurt and milk are good if you can't take heartburn stuff (I love a good glug of gaviscon when needed) and sleeping slightly more uprigt helps too!!

That must be so frustrating not having a date to count to Safia, I hope they get it sorted soon!! I'd be annoyed at hubs too, especially if he was right, thats when they're most annoying, lol!!

Congrats to any newbies and welcome :)

I've got my 38 week appointment with the docs today, I tend to find the docs aren't as good as the midwives as they dont do it as much, I hope he can tell me whether the babies engaged, a couple of people have said I've dropped but I can never tell, I deffo think he's still head down!!

I'm shattered today, did too much cooking yesterday (my freezers nicely stocked up now though) I went to bed too late and then had to pee 3 times and took ages to get to sleep each time, yawn!!!!!!

Had a delicious dinner last night, mexican chicken which was like a chilli but made with chicken pieces and lots of veg, had it with rice, extra veg and a dip made from yoghurt, quark, lime juice and quark and topped it with my HEA cheese, it was awesome, looking forward to leftovers for lunch today but gonna have it through pasta!! :)

Hope you're all having a good day, I'm trying to get Freddie to play with his toys so I can watch This Morning but he's insisting on Fireman Sam!!xx

I agree with you about preferring the midwives to the doctors Skonions

My heartburn is flaring up (10 +4) and I've forgotten how much I hate it (and rennie). Will have to try the yoghurt too

My two never let me watch anything on tv either *eye roll*

This time so far for me i have had no heartburn but like skonions i think its because i have eaten mostly healthy food whereas in my last 3 pregnancies i was a crisps addict and would get really bad heartburn. I had to rely on gaviscon and rennies a lot but also found those probiotic yogurt drinks sometimes eased things off during the day. Also eating late at night would guarantee a night of heartburn for me and this time round i eat my main meal before 6 usually around half 4 or 5 o clock and have a little snack around 8 or 9 x
Been on plan 100% today but been so unwell during the day and now the dreaded (sorry tmi) piles are back! Cant even sit down today ouch! Have my booking in appointment with midwife tomorrow at 3 and will cry if she says i am going to be consultant led. Last time i was pregnant my bmi was 39 and was consultant led and they just panicked me for no reason and just wasted my time as i would just wait there for an hour to be told hi, any probs, no, ok bye than see you next time! I know every pct is different some say over 35 bmi is consultant and some say 30 so will find out tomorrow x

This time so far for me i have had no heartburn but like skonions i think its because i have eaten mostly healthy food whereas in my last 3 pregnancies i was a crisps addict and would get really bad heartburn. I had to rely on gaviscon and rennies a lot but also found those probiotic yogurt drinks sometimes eased things off during the day. Also eating late at night would guarantee a night of heartburn for me and this time round i eat my main meal before 6 usually around half 4 or 5 o clock and have a little snack around 8 or 9 x
Been on plan 100% today but been so unwell during the day and now the dreaded (sorry tmi) piles are back! Cant even sit down today ouch! Have my booking in appointment with midwife tomorrow at 3 and will cry if she says i am going to be consultant led. Last time i was pregnant my bmi was 39 and was consultant led and they just panicked me for no reason and just wasted my time as i would just wait there for an hour to be told hi, any probs, no, ok bye than see you next time! I know every pct is different some say over 35 bmi is consultant and some say 30 so will find out tomorrow x

Was your last pregnancy straightforward? Is your BMI any lower now, they might let you be midwife led if it is, I hope they let you, it must be a right pain waiting round for docs all the time for no reason!! Poor you with the piles, owwwwwww, I've been lucky, never had them!!xx

I had to wait for 40 mins at the doctors today, typical for the one appointment that I had Freddie with me!! 2 year olds and doctors surgery don't mix, I'm sure he was annoying people running around but ah well, who cares!!

When I finally saw the doc he was actually lovely, very thorough, he took my blood pressure 3 times to make sure he got a proper reading as he said I wouldn't be relaxed when I was distracted by Freddie runing around everywhere! That was all clear, so was my pee, my bump measured correctly for the first time (i think my midwife just measures big) heartbeat was good and he also looked at my ankle to check it wasn't swollen!! Baby has head down but still not engaged but thats fine for second baby so very good appointment eventually!! :)

Made pasta n sauce quiche for the first time earlier and its yummy, looking forward to that for lunch tomorrow!!

Lost 1/2 lb at group tonight, reet pleased with that, 38 weeks pregnant and 5.5 lbs baby gain!!!!!! :)

All my pregnancies were fine, i did have a small bleed in my first but that was it. My bmi was 39 in my last pregnancy and this time it was 32 but with christmas gain its most probably 33. Last time the consultants really messed up my head, first they said he was too big and after can they said he was too small and then had another scan and the said the amniotic fluid was low but its ok. When my son was born the midwife delivering him was shocked as she had just given me a pethidine shot 20 mins before he was born as she had thought i would be a little while as my waters hadnt broken, there was no water and the stupid consultants hadnt monitored it properly!
Lol i definately wont be taking my other 3 with me to the midwifes they drive everyone crazy at the surgery. Well done on your loss tonight, you have done so well x

All my pregnancies were fine, i did have a small bleed in my first but that was it. My bmi was 39 in my last pregnancy and this time it was 32 but with christmas gain its most probably 33. Last time the consultants really messed up my head, first they said he was too big and after can they said he was too small and then had another scan and the said the amniotic fluid was low but its ok. When my son was born the midwife delivering him was shocked as she had just given me a pethidine shot 20 mins before he was born as she had thought i would be a little while as my waters hadnt broken, there was no water and the stupid consultants hadnt monitored it properly!
Lol i definately wont be taking my other 3 with me to the midwifes they drive everyone crazy at the surgery. Well done on your loss tonight, you have done so well x

Sounds like a right palava, well most places its over 35 they make you be consultant so hopefully they will be ok with you being midwife led this time and it'll go much smoother!! Well done for getting your BMI down, that's fab and thanks, I'm really chuffed with how well I've done!!xx

I had to wait for 40 mins at the doctors today, typical for the one appointment that I had Freddie with me!! 2 year olds and doctors surgery don't mix, I'm sure he was annoying people running around but ah well, who cares!!

When I finally saw the doc he was actually lovely, very thorough, he took my blood pressure 3 times to make sure he got a proper reading as he said I wouldn't be relaxed when I was distracted by Freddie runing around everywhere! That was all clear, so was my pee, my bump measured correctly for the first time (i think my midwife just measures big) heartbeat was good and he also looked at my ankle to check it wasn't swollen!! Baby has head down but still not engaged but thats fine for second baby so very good appointment eventually!! :)

Made pasta n sauce quiche for the first time earlier and its yummy, looking forward to that for lunch tomorrow!!

Lost 1/2 lb at group tonight, reet pleased with that, 38 weeks pregnant and 5.5 lbs baby gain!!!!!! :)

wow thats amazing you are going to be a skinny minnie after you give birth to your gorgeous baby well done..
have you been following slimming world the whole way through your pregnancy??..

wow thats amazing you are going to be a skinny minnie after you give birth to your gorgeous baby well done..
have you been following slimming world the whole way through your pregnancy??..

Thank you, I've got a fair way to go until skinny but I'm very excited to see how much I lose after birth and should actually be slimmer, yey!! Really want to get to target this year so I hope I manage to stick to it and lose weight whilst breastfeeding!! Yeah I've basically followed it the whole time although not as much when I was suffering from morning sickness at the start, I was having rather a bit of toast in the morning but still did the best I could!xx

Safia - don't know how you manage with 3 children, blink' hell one for me is a struggle!!!! I am only going have two as that is right for me and my partner. I am autisitic is it is a struggle anyways so anymore would push me over the edge, haha!!!

well ladies thanks 4 all the advice on how 2 deal wif the nausea but I'm overjoyed 2 report that it seems 2 ave passed - I'm now 3days nausea free! lol! Just hope it lasts! lol! TBH I think gettin back in2 pilates this week has totally helped. I'd sorta stopped doin it Xmas week cos of bein out of the house most days n then bein 2 tired n sick in the evenins. I'm not back at work til Monday so I'v been able 2 do a session every mornin this week, while still I was still feelin ok, and I def think it's bein a wonder cure! :D

Safia - don't know how you manage with 3 children, blink' hell one for me is a struggle!!!! I am only going have two as that is right for me and my partner. I am autisitic is it is a struggle anyways so anymore would push me over the edge, haha!!!

Lol it is a mad house but i'm used to it. My daughters who are 4 and other one will be 3 next month are fine but my 11 month old son is the naughty one. I need eyes everywhere for him lol.

Went to my midwife booking in appointment and now have my green book. Was a bit p****d off as the midwife kept on saying oh how you going to cope, mmm like i am coping already with my 3 other children. She also said she had to book me into see consultant but not for my bmi but for the bleeding so hopefully will get myself signed off after my first appointment with consultant as i dont have anymore bleeding. I also got my scan date through for next week on wednesday so not long to wait to see baby and get a due date lol x
On a even better plus size my tummy is thanking me today for going back to sw 100% yesterday and today and i feel so motivated and healthy x

Lol it is a mad house but i'm used to it. My daughters who are 4 and other one will be 3 next month are fine but my 11 month old son is the naughty one. I need eyes everywhere for him lol.

Went to my midwife booking in appointment and now have my green book. Was a bit p****d off as the midwife kept on saying oh how you going to cope, mmm like i am coping already with my 3 other children. She also said she had to book me into see consultant but not for my bmi but for the bleeding so hopefully will get myself signed off after my first appointment with consultant as i dont have anymore bleeding. I also got my scan date through for next week on wednesday so not long to wait to see baby and get a due date lol x
On a even better plus size my tummy is thanking me today for going back to sw 100% yesterday and today and i feel so motivated and healthy x

Glad 2 hear yer bookin in appointment went well n fingers x'd 4 gettin signed off. I'v got mine next Fri n I'm REALLY hopin 2 get my scan appointment thru asap after that as I'm totally cravin a proper due date rather than my gesstimate! lol!

Back