Pregnancy and Slimming World

Afternoon ladies :D How is everyone today?

I'm having a onsie/pj day with the kids cause the N.I. weather is pants! We even got the Wii fit board out which they've never seen before. They didn't do too badly for 4 & 2 years old (well nearly 3) but some stuff was too hard. I'm still not on plan really but haven't gone too mad. Plus side is I'm 5lbs lighter than I was in February 2011 so that's gotta be something :)
I'm still on cloud 9 from my private scan yesterday. Well worth the £79!

Wishing all the ladies with scans this week good luck :)

I don't know how you do it ladies, 2 is my max trust me after 4 months after this baby is born hubby is going for the chop plus I would never manage with any more, i am autistic so that has an impact plus how do you manage fincially with 3, 4, 5 pkus children?

On the finance front....my partner & I lived at home with our parents before I fell pregnant with no.1. His mother thought we'd fall flat on our faces but we got a rental house, bought all our furniture & paid for bills/food etc all by ourselves. We never once needed to ask for help. When no.2 came along we found the bills increased initially for nappies & food but once eldest was out of nappies it went down again. OH's salary has been going up slightly each year as he gets promoted & we bought our own house. We know with no.3 that we may see an increase again as second is in nappies until at least the summer & probably for a while at night after baby is born. We spend money on takeaways, treats etc which are the first things we cut out if money does look tight. The kids always come first. I dress them in Next & me in Primark because I prefer it this way. You just seem to accommodate another one :)

My dad was a type 1 diabetic as well (so guess who's probably gonna get gestational diabetes too!) so it's a subject close to my heart. I've already been told that I'm having the GTT because my family history of diabetes is atrocious!

It's so hard to balance your diet, it's taken mum years of practice to get the food/insulin balance right so don't feel bad that you're struggling - it's difficult! A lot of it is just experimentation, working within the guidelines they give you and figuring out what foods you react best/worst too. Mum still has chocolate and puddings, just not all the time. She does have the advantage of being on insulin though which means she can adjust both her insulin amount and her food to find a happy medium, it also gives more leeway if your eating out etc. She reckons that tablet/diet controlled is much more difficult so I know she'd take her hat off to you. xxx

The GTT is ok, but take a book or something because you have to sit for 2 hours you arnt allowed to leave! But the test itself is ok just the drink thing taste super sweet! Well it does have 15 teaspoons of sugar in it lol! One of my clients parents both have diabetes but she was lucky she didn't get gestural through pregnancy so you maybe ok! But if your not at least you have your mum to help you and you already know alot so I think you'll manage it really well, I know I'm not
They have told me that if these diabetes tablets dont bring down my glucose levels considerably then I will be on insulin too! It is hard with diet definitely because I am starving all the time no matter what I eat! I just never feel satisfied I have had the odd bit if choc so may just have the odd bar every couple if days it something! I find my levels are higher when I'm busier so it seems that it's not just diet related with me but more the fact that my body struggles to deal with the insulin! The medication I'm on is for type 2 diabetes but I'm not totally sure the difference between the two is! I'm just glad they are monitoring me and keeping a very close eye on me :) x

Rubbish, I am not a believer in supistion. I had the travel system all set up in living room at 30 weeks with my last pregnancy and everything was fine :)

Yeah I think your right, it's just an old wives tale! I think its stupid how you can decorate the room put baby furniture in there, cot, Moses basket etc but yet the device that will transport her about can't stay in the house I think it's ridiculous! The amount of people who believe in this kind of thing is scary! I can't see how having a pram in the house can possibly be linked to any issues! But hey HO everyone has their own opinion and that's fine! But for me it's abit fair fetched :)

On the finance front....my partner & I lived at home with our parents before I fell pregnant with no.1. His mother thought we'd fall flat on our faces but we got a rental house, bought all our furniture & paid for bills/food etc all by ourselves. We never once needed to ask for help. When no.2 came along we found the bills increased initially for nappies & food but once eldest was out of nappies it went down again. OH's salary has been going up slightly each year as he gets promoted & we bought our own house. We know with no.3 that we may see an increase again as second is in nappies until at least the summer & probably for a while at night after baby is born. We spend money on takeaways, treats etc which are the first things we cut out if money does look tight. The kids always come first. I dress them in Next & me in Primark because I prefer it this way. You just seem to accommodate another one :)

I will be the exact same, baby dressed in next and me in primark although to be fair I do love primark clothes :) my oh has two boys already for me this is my first we will obviously see an increase in our shopping bills but fortunately my parents have been fab and helped us out with some larger items seen as its their first grandchild they are seriously so excited :) as are we woop woop

Same here as Bunny....two is my limit and this second baby i was Like yes....no.....yes.....no.....yes! In the end daughter decided for us as she kept asking for a baby sister lol my sister has 5...she's like robocop dont know how she does it and the last two are twins so double work haha

I am 35 weeks pregnant now and i finish work next week eeek! Can't believe it, its flown. I only have 7 shifts too do as well ;-) i finish next Friday and turn 37 weeks but then as i work 3 days a week and have 9 holidays to take my Mat leave doesn't kick in until July 2013 then i am having 9 months off.

Got birth plan next week and i had better start thinking a out actually packing my hospital bag heehee! Xxx

Any advice on back ache?? I'm 21 week pregnant and its hurting me :-(

Perfect! I do love cake, what type are you making? My fav is carrot cake but it has to be really luxurious with loads of filling and topping. I miss carrot cake.
We made a victoria sponge, total novice but want to learn so that i can bake my childrens birthday cakes in the future instead of waste money on cakes that i dont really like. The cake i baked today was ok but a bit greasy or maybe it was still warm thats why it tasted greasy but atleast the children enjoyed it and theres plenty left over for them to eat. Just cant believe i haven't eaten any and i even walked away from the cream doughnuts in m & S, thats a first for me in pregnancy! I love carrot cake too and i think its recipe number 4 or 5 in the mary berry book that i am following so that will be getting made soon too x

I wonder if brushing teeth will work during pregnancy, before pregnancy if i had a major craving that wouldnt go away after i had my syns worth i would do a nice teethbrush, floss and mouthwash and after that the craving would usually disappear but i havent actually tested this during pregnancy so might just take my own advice next time i have a craving x

I don't know how you do it ladies, 2 is my max trust me after 4 months after this baby is born hubby is going for the chop plus I would never manage with any more, i am autistic so that has an impact plus how do you manage fincially with 3, 4, 5 pkus children?

Lol its a crazy house here sometimes but with each child we all fall into a routine. Financially i try and save a little every month for big bills like clothes because i also prefer to get childrens clothes from next and sometimes from john lewis and as with shopping bill it has gone up but before i would waste money on too much stuff that we couldnt finish and junk before sw so now i write a shopping list and make sure i go with a full tummy so that i dont get tempted and only buy whats on my list, this has saved us a lot of money x

Hi ladies I'v been awol 4 a few days as I'v been changing the car.... hope everybody's well! Welcome 2 the new ladies n congrats on yer pregnancies - good luck 2 all wif up-comin scans!

Mamabear I'm glad 2 hear yer scan went well n I hope r NI weather didn't totally scupper yer bank hol w/end!

Any advice on back ache?? I'm 21 week pregnant and its hurting me :-(
The only short term remedy i have is getting into a hot (not too hot) shower and that really helps but its only last until i'm in the shower! x

Hi ladies I'v been awol 4 a few days as I'v been changing the car.... hope everybody's well! Welcome 2 the new ladies n congrats on yer pregnancies - good luck 2 all wif up-comin scans!

Mamabear I'm glad 2 hear yer scan went well n I hope r NI weather didn't totally scupper yer bank hol w/end!

Awk I had a nice day out on Sat & Sun but was forced inside today which has done me good. Not great at remembering to relax once in a while.

The only short term remedy i have is getting into a hot (not too hot) shower and that really helps but its only last until i'm in the shower! x

Thanks - will def remember this. I think my back ache has been made worse this weekend as was ill in bed thurs and fri x

Awk I had a nice day out on Sat & Sun but was forced inside today which has done me good. Not great at remembering to relax once in a while.

I'm totally rubbish at the whole relaxin thing - when I'm sittin still I'm only torturing myself thinkin of the things I cud n shud b doin instead! lol!! I bet it's virtually impossible 4 u wif the kids tho! x

I'm totally rubbish at the whole relaxin thing - when I'm sittin still I'm only torturing myself thinkin of the things I cud n shud b doin instead! lol!! I bet it's virtually impossible 4 u wif the kids tho! x

Yip! They've both been at home all day today but amazingly fell asleep without too much fuss tonight. I decided to stop watching crap TV & relax (ish) in a bubble bath with some Bon Jovi :)

Very warm now though.

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Yip! They've both been at home all day today but amazingly fell asleep without too much fuss tonight. I decided to stop watching crap TV & relax (ish) in a bubble bath with some Bon Jovi :)

Very warm now though.

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Glad 2 hear u got sum peace then hun n yer obviously a woman wif gr8 taste if u like Bon Jovi! :D

I feel like a bit of a pleb 4 avin been SOOO far off plan all w/end n not doin any exercise at all! I'l b back on track from 2moro tho but I'm not holdin out much hope of seein a decent figure on the scales at Thurs's WI. Uck well if I can't ave the w/end off while pregnant then when can I!? lol! :D

Back