Pregnancy and Slimming World

I didn't have much actual sickness (actually had more IBS symptoms like reflux etc) but I did have pretty nasty nausea which was awful in its own right. My sense of smell went crazy and I couldn't cook or even go in the kitchen as it made me feel sick. Watching TV made me feel sick. Standing up for too long made me feel sick! Bleugh :/ Even with that I worried because I wasn't actually sick more than a couple of times and being sick is what everyone tells you happens when you're pregnant right? So I was convinced something was wrong. Because it took us so long to conceive it all just felt so tenuous, like I was waiting for something to go wrong. Then when the nausea went I was worried that something was wrong!

Whether you get symptoms or not it's a worrying time - I think we all suffer in different ways, whether we get sickness, nausea or full on hyperemesis! These are our babies, there would be something wrong if we weren't a little bit worried about these very important small people <3 x

Boo can't quote so feel like I'm missing out on the conversation -I can't remember who said what, lol.

Today I've not lost any plug or had tightening as bad :-(
I did just have a little clary sage bath but got out as felt too warm and not comfy in there. I keep trying to avoid people as every man and his dog keeps commenting on me....not long now....you not due already....still here...etc!

I know I will probably still be pregnant past Halloween as I've been warned that's how most vba2c go. Due tomorrow though.
Stupidly I'm scared of labour but I know I really really don't want a third section. I guess I'm also scared that I won't get my vba2c.

Ummm, right what was I gonna say in response to posts?

I'm Belfast direction dubchick!
I had hypermeisis with all my pregnancies but this was the shortest bout as stopped before 20 weeks.
I worried a lot a start over pain but a close friend said it was probably due to knowing she had lost 2 so it played on my mind more.
I had really bad spd first two pregnancies but again this one hasn't been as bad so there is hope.

I was very ill last year and people thought I was pregnant but turned out to be more food intolerances so you could try that as an excuse in work :)

Mama-bear x

Forgot to say earlier Dougal re scan picture - we had to pay for our scan pics (£4) but that was for all of them, not just for one picture. The sonographer printed a few off, gave us all of them and then we got given a little card thing to keep them in and paid at reception. However we got our 20 scan pics as a freebie as they couldn't find the cash tin lol ;) We photographed them and sent piccies on to family, with the 20 week scan pics we had a few good ones so mum and in laws got to keep an original copy each. x

My mum was exactly the same bless her, we found out after the event that she had actually caved in and told quite a few people before 12 weeks! I had said she could tell her best friend as she was dying too and they might as well be sisters they are so close but then I found out she'd told the neighbours and a few people at church... Was not impressed but couldn't be mad as she was so excited. She thought she'd never get grandchildren so it was understandable! x

Forgot to say earlier Dougal re scan picture - we had to pay for our scan pics (£4) but that was for all of them, not just for one picture. The sonographer printed a few off, gave us all of them and then we got given a little card thing to keep them in and paid at reception. However we got our 20 scan pics as a freebie as they couldn't find the cash tin lol ;) We photographed them and sent piccies on to family, with the 20 week scan pics we had a few good ones so mum and in laws got to keep an original copy each. x My mum was exactly the same bless her, we found out after the event that she had actually caved in and told quite a few people before 12 weeks! I had said she could tell her best friend as she was dying too and they might as well be sisters they are so close but then I found out she'd told the neighbours and a few people at church... Was not impressed but couldn't be mad as she was so excited. She thought she'd never get grandchildren so it was understandable! x

We had to pay for ours. £6 each and only allowed 4. Pretty pricey but worth it :)

Mamabear - glad to hear that spd can improve, I've been told it gets worse with every subsequent pregnancy which is a worrying thought! Although we don't think we'll have any more babies after this one, there is always the chance and I'm fairly crippled already - can't imagine it getting worse! x

We got our 12 week scan pics for free cos they had already cashed up lol.
The 20 week scan pics weren't as good. :-/ had the price had gone up in those 8 weeks!! But we did pay fr those...we got 2 each time - at the 20week scan cos the pics weren't good my second was a print out of his boy parts!! Lol love it!! Xx

Mamabear - glad to hear that spd can improve, I've been told it gets worse with every subsequent pregnancy which is a worrying thought! Although we don't think we'll have any more babies after this one, there is always the chance and I'm fairly crippled already - can't imagine it getting worse! x

Woo hoo quote worked....I think.

My first was bad but then my second pregnancy (I fell pregnant 9 months after a section which I was told off for) was even worse. This time there is 2.5 years between the last section and this pregnancy. I am also slimmer than I was last time which I think has helped me personally. I started the physio exercises at home this time as soon as I felt pain. It can get better so honestly don't worry. I was on crutches last time but none this time :)

Mama-bear x

Woo hoo quote worked....I think. My first was bad but then my second pregnancy (I fell pregnant 9 months after a section which I was told off for) was even worse. This time there is 2.5 years between the last section and this pregnancy. I am also slimmer than I was last time which I think has helped me personally. I started the physio exercises at home this time as soon as I felt pain. It can get better so honestly don't worry. I was on crutches last time but none this time :) Mama-bear x

It did work! ;)

I made it worse for myself early on without realising with the swimming, had no idea how much worse it was making it cos I had no pain while I was in the water. :( At least now I know what to do and I have my gym ball exercises to help and my crutches for long distances so if I do get pregnant again I know what to do and what to avoid. After a rocky start I do like using the crutches as I don't feel like my hips are giving way all the time and I can walk so much faster with them than without. Would prefer not to need them at all of course! ;)

Boo can't quote so feel like I'm missing out on the conversation -I can't remember who said what, lol.

Today I've not lost any plug or had tightening as bad :-(
I did just have a little clary sage bath but got out as felt too warm and not comfy in there. I keep trying to avoid people as every man and his dog keeps commenting on me....not long now....you not due already....still here...etc!

I know I will probably still be pregnant past Halloween as I've been warned that's how most vba2c go. Due tomorrow though.
Stupidly I'm scared of labour but I know I really really don't want a third section. I guess I'm also scared that I won't get my vba2c.

Ummm, right what was I gonna say in response to posts?

I'm Belfast direction dubchick!
I had hypermeisis with all my pregnancies but this was the shortest bout as stopped before 20 weeks.
I worried a lot a start over pain but a close friend said it was probably due to knowing she had lost 2 so it played on my mind more.
I had really bad spd first two pregnancies but again this one hasn't been as bad so there is hope.

I was very ill last year and people thought I was pregnant but turned out to be more food intolerances so you could try that as an excuse in work :)

Mama-bear x
Oh no way... He was in Newtownabbey... Some University on Shore Road??? Went in to Mothercare to get our pram but they hadn't one in stock :( Said they could order it but it would only get there tomoro.. He could have stayed up over night and the job would have paid for the hotel n meals etc but he'd declined..
Very cute.. While he was in there he spotted little pink bibs with "mommy's princess/mommy's girl" on and was gona pick them up as a lickle surprise for me.. As they didn't have our pram he didn't get anything tho... Thought it was cute of him coz he knows i'm having a weird time accepting its not a boy..
That's not to say i'm in the slightest disappointed.. I'm so not.. But was so sure that its just odd now...

Re: scan pics- the letter I got says they are £5 each but there's no limit to how many I can have!

Unfortunately my scan is at 8:40 in the morning so no chance of getting them for free lol.
I think I'm most worried about having to have a full bladder and not empty for 90 mins before scan- how on earth do you do that?!
I have the weakest bladder in the world!

I feel really fat- I'm sure it's just bloat but I have eaten loads this week as well after getting my appetite back.

I've started getting the strong sense of smell and its coffee that makes me really ill! I usually make hubby his morning coffee but I can't do it anymore!
And eggs as well- I always used to make quiches, omelettes etc for hubby but nope he has to make them himself now lol.

I'm feeling a bit down after today so I'm about to attack some profiteroles lol :drool:

I know its a bit of a cheek I think! But that's what my letter says...

It's well cheeky I think but I guess they have to make money somehow ;). Hope for someone who can't find the cash tin!

I had the crazy sense of smell and tbh I think I still have it, it just doesn't make me nauseous anymore. Amongst the smells I struggled with were the kitchen (generally - I couldn't cook for weeks it made me feel so sick), air freshener, milk (it all smelled off), bins, bbqs, my own deodorant (fail!) and strawberry buttercream yankee candles. Oh and people with BO on the bus. Yuk! Apparently coffee is a common one to go off. Its one of those many pregnancy things that no one tells you about...

It's well cheeky I think but I guess they have to make money somehow ;). Hope for someone who can't find the cash tin!

I had the crazy sense of smell and tbh I think I still have it, it just doesn't make me nauseous anymore. Amongst the smells I struggled with were the kitchen (generally - I couldn't cook for weeks it made me feel so sick), air freshener, milk (it all smelled off), bins, bbqs, my own deodorant (fail!) and strawberry buttercream yankee candles. Oh and people with BO on the bus. Yuk! Apparently coffee is a common one to go off. Its one of those many pregnancy things that no one tells you about...
Lol I shall keep my fingers crossed!!

Milk is another one I can't stand, I couldn't do the bins this week as the smell was horrendous! (It was no worse than normal but with my pregnancy nose...).
I'm struggling with the cooking side of things- I've started getting lazy and buying ready meals, pre prepared veg, etc as apart from smells, I'm lacking the energy to rustle something up for dinner!
I seem to have no patience to spend more than half an hour getting dinner ready!!
Even my dogs smell lol. Just the normal doggy smell which normally I don't notice but now I really do! And Penny's food is very fishy and it makes me gag!!(never used to bother me before!)

Lol I shall keep my fingers crossed!! Milk is another one I can't stand, I couldn't do the bins this week as the smell was horrendous! (It was no worse than normal but with my pregnancy nose...). I'm struggling with the cooking side of things- I've started getting lazy and buying ready meals, pre prepared veg, etc as apart from smells, I'm lacking the energy to rustle something up for dinner! I seem to have no patience to spend more than half an hour getting dinner ready!! Even my dogs smell lol. Just the normal doggy smell which normally I don't notice but now I really do! And Penny's food is very fishy and it makes me gag!!(never used to bother me before!)

You're doing great if you're still cooking, I'm impressed that you're managing it with ms! I did no cooking hardly from about 6.5 to 11 weeks when the nausea eased off for a bit and even after that it was all a bit basic for a while. I remember cooking a pasta n sauce while sat on a computer chair and being really impressed with myself lol ;) x

You're doing great if you're still cooking, I'm impressed that you're managing it with ms! I did no cooking hardly from about 6.5 to 11 weeks when the nausea eased off for a bit and even after that it was all a bit basic for a while. I remember cooking a pasta n sauce while sat on a computer chair and being really impressed with myself lol ;) x
Lol my ms is worse first thing so that's y for brekkie I'm literally just eating a couple of brioche rolls straight from the pack.
I used to love having proper breakfasts (scrambled eggs on toast, etc) but that's a no for now.
Haha I've got a swivel office chair that now lives in the kitchen so I can wheel myself about whilst cooking as my back starts to hurt if I'm standing up for too long (I'm tall plus I've suffered with back problems in the past).
My dinner tonight was a chicken and gravy pie from Tesco with Brussels sprouts- just bung in oven/ microwave and its ready! Might not be the healthiest but it was lush!
And it meant I could do it all from the comfort of my swivel chair haha!! X

Lol my ms is worse first thing so that's y for brekkie I'm literally just eating a couple of brioche rolls straight from the pack. I used to love having proper breakfasts (scrambled eggs on toast, etc) but that's a no for now. Haha I've got a swivel office chair that now lives in the kitchen so I can wheel myself about whilst cooking as my back starts to hurt if I'm standing up for too long (I'm tall plus I've suffered with back problems in the past). My dinner tonight was a chicken and gravy pie from Tesco with Brussels sprouts- just bung in oven/ microwave and its ready! Might not be the healthiest but it was lush! And it meant I could do it all from the comfort of my swivel chair haha!! X

Ha, looks like office chairs are the way forward! I was so proud of myself hehe ;)

I always felt better in the mornings, it's funny how different it is for us all! Late afternoon/early evening was my worst time, especially if I had tea late. Best I managed for weeks was making cheese sandwiches and pasta and sauce. It's a bloody good job husband can cook or we'd have starved! Your tea sounds amazing, it's times like this that ready meals are perfect. You'll get back into cooking, I did at about 15/16 weeks.

Weirdest thing I've found with craving/aversions/smells etc - I really really want a bacon sandwich and I love the smell of meat cooking (as long as it's not on a BBQ, the smokey smell does me in!). Which would be fine but I'm a vegetarian! I've not given in yet but good grief I want to...

The smell thing for me was awful at first, boyfriends breath just turned my stomach! Felt really guilty but didn't want to kiss him or let him breath on me while he was asleep - blerghhh! Glad that symptoms gone ;) (I wouldn't say he has bad breath at all, just couldn't deal with it) poor boy!

Ha, looks like office chairs are the way forward! I was so proud of myself hehe ;)

I always felt better in the mornings, it's funny how different it is for us all! Late afternoon/early evening was my worst time, especially if I had tea late. Best I managed for weeks was making cheese sandwiches and pasta and sauce. It's a bloody good job husband can cook or we'd have starved! Your tea sounds amazing, it's times like this that ready meals are perfect. You'll get back into cooking, I did at about 15/16 weeks.

Weirdest thing I've found with craving/aversions/smells etc - I really really want a bacon sandwich and I love the smell of meat cooking (as long as it's not on a BBQ, the smokey smell does me in!). Which would be fine but I'm a vegetarian! I've not given in yet but good grief I want to...
Lol I used to be vegetarian and it was bacon sandwiches that turned me...

Back