Pregnancy and Slimming World

It might be unrelated, I guess backache's pretty common at this stage for us all and the pressure as well. If it is SPD (or PGP - my physio said they don't call it SPD anymore but everyone else but her does it seems!) the pain in the front is from the joint in your pelvis. It's horrible, being split in two is exactly how I'd describe it. You can also get problems with the joints at the back which I have as well which can give you pain in your back and bum and symptoms that are a bit like sciatica (pain down your legs, pins and needles, odd warm and cold sensations etc.). It might just be general pregnancy stuff or your body complaining cos you've overdone it a bit but do mention it just in case.

Stuff I got told that might help: never to push through the pain and do stuff that hurts, keep your knees together as much as possible (when you get out of a car for example or turn in bed), avoid standing on one leg (I have to get dressed sitting down) and don't lift or push anything too heavy. I bounce on my gym ball a lot and that helps too, it really takes the pressure off and strengthens you up without you even realising it. They've got me doing loads of pelvic floor exercises too, apparently mine is crap lol but I do have decent stomach muscles still so that's in my favour! I also got told to stop swimming, or at least to stop doing breast stroke as that was aggravating the problem but Frances was recommended swimming as something that might help so advice must vary on that! See what your midwife says.

Hopefully it's something that'll clear up soon for you but it's definitely worth trying the gym ball at least. xxx

Thank you for all the info, I will def keep an eye on it and mention it tomorrow at my appointment. I will also get the gym ball out tonight, ive been putting it off xx

It might be unrelated, I guess backache's pretty common at this stage for us all and the pressure as well. If it is SPD (or PGP - my physio said they don't call it SPD anymore but everyone else but her does it seems!) the pain in the front is from the joint in your pelvis. It's horrible, being split in two is exactly how I'd describe it. You can also get problems with the joints at the back which I have as well which can give you pain in your back and bum and symptoms that are a bit like sciatica (pain down your legs, pins and needles, odd warm and cold sensations etc.). It might just be general pregnancy stuff or your body complaining cos you've overdone it a bit but do mention it just in case.

Stuff I got told that might help: never to push through the pain and do stuff that hurts, keep your knees together as much as possible (when you get out of a car for example or turn in bed), avoid standing on one leg (I have to get dressed sitting down) and don't lift or push anything too heavy. I bounce on my gym ball a lot and that helps too, it really takes the pressure off and strengthens you up without you even realising it. They've got me doing loads of pelvic floor exercises too, apparently mine is crap lol but I do have decent stomach muscles still so that's in my favour! I also got told to stop swimming, or at least to stop doing breast stroke as that was aggravating the problem but Frances was recommended swimming as something that might help so advice must vary on that! See what your midwife says.

Hopefully it's something that'll clear up soon for you but it's definitely worth trying the gym ball at least. xxx
Physio last night said both the front and back are both the pelvis but seperate parts.. Basically (as you've said previously MIssy) the 2 sides (front and back) are grinding, due to pressure of the weight of everything extra the pelvis is having to carry causing the pain...
Ice to front bit n heat to the back bit....
But defo yes, mention to yer MW

Physio last night said both the front and back are both the pelvis but seperate parts.. Basically (as you've said previously MIssy) the 2 sides (front and back) are grinding, due to pressure of the weight of everything extra the pelvis is having to carry causing the pain... Ice to front bit n heat to the back bit.... But defo yes, mention to yer MW

Yeah, that's what I meant, didn't put it very well! It's all your pelvis, just different bits that cause different symptoms. There's the pressure but also the fact that your joints relax during pregnancy anyway so it's easier to injure yourself and get problems with your joints. The amount of times I've nearly turned my knee in the last few months and I have pretty strong legs from skating... :/

Hope it goes ok! :D

Back from class gained 3 1/2lb. Going to have to slap myself into shape as I've only known I'm pregnant just over a week if I carry on like that I'll gain a million stone. Going to try and stick to plan but have my extra healthy extras as well. Going to take one day at a time I think. Wish me luck.......

Back from class gained 3 1/2lb. Going to have to slap myself into shape as I've only known I'm pregnant just over a week if I carry on like that I'll gain a million stone. Going to try and stick to plan but have my extra healthy extras as well. Going to take one day at a time I think. Wish me luck.......

Make sure u have 1 extra of each healthy extra :)

Oops I thought it was 2 extra oops maybe where I was going wrong!

Yeah, one extra of each on EE. I have one extra of each on green too but I'm naughty! If you're going to class make sure you get all the pregnancy info off your consultant, there's a form included you'll need to get your midwife to sign to say that she's happy for you to carry on doing SW. :)

Don't worry about the gain, I had some massive gains and losses at the start, it was weird! I'd gain 4lbs one week then lose it the next, a lot of it is likely water. Stick to SW where you can but don't stress it. How are you feeling in yourself? xxx

Yeah, one extra of each on EE. I have one extra of each on green too but I'm naughty! If you're going to class make sure you get all the pregnancy info off your consultant, there's a form included you'll need to get your midwife to sign to say that she's happy for you to carry on doing SW. :) Don't worry about the gain, I had some massive gains and losses at the start, it was weird! I'd gain 4lbs one week then lose it the next, a lot of it is likely water. Stick to SW where you can but don't stress it. How are you feeling in yourself? xxx[/QUOTE

Hi I feel a bit sick every now and then and if not I feel hungry and have the odd ache like period cramps but the clinic say that's normal after ivf. Will feel a lot more relaxed after the scan on Monday when I know everything where it should be. I'm yet to hear from my friend so trying not to worry about it till after the scan. How are you feeling today missy1978?

Eat plenty, I found that eating helped me feel much less sick. Toast was a winner! Not long to wait til your scan now. :D

I'm ok ta - knackered and hurting quite a lot but I think that's normal for full term! I see my consultant tomorrow and will hopefully find out when baby will be coming if he doesn't turn up by himself beforehand so i'm nervous/excited about that! xxx

Good luck tomorrow let us know how you get on. It must be exciting. Thanks for the food advice I love toast so trying to avoid it as can't stop at a couple of slices! Am at work so have my trusty weetabix and oatly chocolate milk with me and a banana.

Good luck tomorrow let us know how you get on. It must be exciting. Thanks for the food advice I love toast so trying to avoid it as can't stop at a couple of slices! Am at work so have my trusty weetabix and oatly chocolate milk with me and a banana.

Well keep eating what you enjoy as much as you can. I found that I went off a lot of foods during the first trimester but not everyone does so if you stay liking your normal food sticking to SW isn't too bad! I fell out with a lot of my normal foods lol so it was a bit tricky. Trying to do SW when the idea of eating veg makes you wanna be sick was hard!

Thanks, am more anxious than excited right now! Been waiting a month for this appointment and I just need to know what's happening so I can plan. Fingers crossed for me :) xxx

Yeah, one extra of each on EE. I have one extra of each on green too but I'm naughty! If you're going to class make sure you get all the pregnancy info off your consultant, there's a form included you'll need to get your midwife to sign to say that she's happy for you to carry on doing SW. :) Don't worry about the gain, I had some massive gains and losses at the start, it was weird! I'd gain 4lbs one week then lose it the next, a lot of it is likely water. Stick to SW where you can but don't stress it. How are you feeling in yourself? xxx
TBH I don't limit my calcium... I have tweeked it to suit me and my pregnancy needs...
So I follow the basic rule of thumb.. but don't limit milk or yogurts.. I do limit cheese as I'd eat a whole block if I thought I'd get away with it.. And I was having toast more regular that "allowed" as it settled my nausea at the start, and then sickness.. Saying that I wasn't having a loaf a day.. But if I felt sick and it wasn't coming to a meal time, I'd have ONE slice.. It soon settled it..
I was very very lucky in that I didn't get bad morning sickness or anything though so my advice would be if you find toast or crackers (ginger but biscuits are a must in any pregnant ladies cupboard!!!) or whatever eases your sickness... Eat it.. Try to eat fresh fruit n veg too where possible but you may find yourself turned off it for a while.. Just go with the flow and enjoy your pregnancy.. :)

Am sure you're friend will be more than happy for you.. She'll know your struggle...
It just might take a while for her to get her head around it.. Its an awkward situation for you to be but try not to stress xxx

Been to the hospital today to take part in the study to try and stop pregnancy diabetes through diet. Get an extra scan at 28 weeks and 1 at 35 weeks. Measured baby and she is already 3lbs, little chunk! <3
Was lovely to see her again on the monitor :) diet has been poor today, need to sort it out.

Hope your all well x

Been to the hospital today to take part in the study to try and stop pregnancy diabetes through diet. Get an extra scan at 28 weeks and 1 at 35 weeks. Measured baby and she is already 3lbs, little chunk! <3 Was lovely to see her again on the monitor :) diet has been poor today, need to sort it out. Hope your all well x

Aw, I love chunky babies <3 My boy was estimated at 3lb 5oz at 29 weeks and they reckon he'll be between 8-9lbs once he's fully cooked! Glad you got to see her again, it's amazing having later scans, you can see so much more :) xxx

Been to the hospital today to take part in the study to try and stop pregnancy diabetes through diet. Get an extra scan at 28 weeks and 1 at 35 weeks. Measured baby and she is already 3lbs, little chunk! <3
Was lovely to see her again on the monitor :) diet has been poor today, need to sort it out.

Hope your all well x

Ooh great study to partake in.

I'm now 32 weeks and definitely developed an achy bump. Anyone else had that? It's not sore as such, just achey feeling x

Underneath the bump or over the top? Mine is sore quiet often underneath, I think it's a heaviness thing as you get further along. My support belt helps. Might be worth trying one or a bump band? xxx

Underneath the bump or over the top? Mine is sore quiet often underneath, I think it's a heaviness thing as you get further along. My support belt helps. Might be worth trying one or a bump band? xxx

Over the top or just above my belly button. Could be the weight because it does feel like it's much bigger suddenly x

Back