Pregnancy and Slimming World

Wow missy1978 I bet you are so excited, I've got my 6 week scan tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed it will be ok as I'm quiet nervous. Wish me luck

Good luck tmrw, what time is your scan? x

Good luck for your scan!

I only bought them because they were on offer but I do find they work well, tums taste better but I didn't find them to be that good. Liquid gaviscon is way better but I like Rennies to keep in my bag and take around with me. Sarah suggested getting a prescription from the doctors for gaviscon or something and I'm thinking that might be the way forward before we all bankrupt ourselves buying indigestion remedies! xxx

Think I may have to ask dr. I guess I have to see dr and not midwife for prescription? X

Think I may have to ask dr. I guess I have to see dr and not midwife for prescription? X

Yeah, seeing your doctor would be the best plan I think. Give the Rennies a go though and see how you get on xxx

Hi we've had the scan. They can't see any sign of an ectopic pregnancy however it very small, smaller than they expected at this stage so we have to go back next Monday to have another scan. It's not 100% cheery but 100% bad either. It's going to be a long week. Feel quiet flat about the whole thing tbh

Hi we've had the scan. They can't see any sign of an ectopic pregnancy however it very small, smaller than they expected at this stage so we have to go back next Monday to have another scan. It's not 100% cheery but 100% bad either. It's going to be a long week. Feel quiet flat about the whole thing tbh
Hard as I know its got to be... try and stay positive hun.. Its not bad news.. So please don't take it that way... Here's to a really quick week.. xxx

They've ruled out ectopic so that's definitely good news! Try to keep as calm as you can, I know that sounds impossible but thinking positive is all you can do. They often can't see much early on, I had a scan at 7 weeks and was told that it's hard to see anything that early so it could be that? Hope you're feeling ok xxx

Hope this week flies by!
I had a scan at 5 weeks and he couldn't see anything and had to go back at 7 so fingers crossed xx

Same here.. I had a scan at 5 weeks and all they could tell me was it was in the right place.. Half the battle!! Then back at 7 n they could see a HB but not much else.. Then back at 12 and the diff was amazing..

The same as everybody else has said, i had my scan at 7 weeks as they said anything earlier they wouldnt be able to see. I hope this week goes as quickly as possible for you x

Thanks girls. They also took blood I guess to check my hormone level but I didn't really ask maybe I should have. They said I may need to have more this week. Is that normal? I don't feel very positive to be honest ?

Thanks girls. They also took blood I guess to check my hormone level but I didn't really ask maybe I should have. They said I may need to have more this week. Is that normal? I don't feel very positive to be honest ?
Am not 100% as obviously our cases our different.. I only had early scans as I was having pains so it was coz of a problem.. At those early scans I didn't get bloods done.. At the 12 week I did..
I would imagine its to check the hormone levels... And you may have the usual ones done at 12 weeks..
I was the same.. Kinda just went n done what they needed and told me but didn't ask any Q's..
You can always call them to ask if it would make you feel better?? But unless they seemed worried, I wouldn't be...
If you have any questions or worries, don't stress at home.. Ring them up.. They're always really helpful.. Don't feel like you're putting anyone out or being OTT... This is your little baby... You're bound to have Q's.. Especially after the journey so far.. x

When I had my scan at 7 weeks they took bloods to check hCG levels - they said they in early pregnancy the levels should increase daily so that might explain why they want more tests? Try not to stress hun, I'm sure they're taking good care of you. If you need to ask more questions I would phone the early pregnancy or gynae assessment unit, whoever saw you, and see if they can talk you through what's going on. xxx

Bought some orange ones and they are definitely better than tums. Thanks x

Good news! Are the orange ones nice? Haven't tried them! xxx

I get the orange ones, I really like them :) x

Will get those next time, I get spearmint usually and I still have tums to use up ;)

Hi all!

Just thought I would pop by and wish you all well. Had our first family outing today and popped into SW to weigh and have to say I'm amazed! Whilst I tried to stick to plan all the way through it was not always easy but l had a good loss today 5 days after baby born and only have 1/2 lb left up loose to be at my pre preggo weight!

So girls don't give up but also don't beat yourself up for those bad days!

Good luck everyone!

x x

The hospital called a little while ago as I had a blood test this morning to check my hormone level. Sadly it is extremely low and it makes it highly likely that we miscarry the baby sooner rather than later.
We are both totally devastated

Back