Pregnancy and Slimming World

Lexie_dog said:
No test is every conclusive. The blood test for AFP is a risk factor and not a definitive test, from there you decide if you want the amniocentesis or not.

Dating scans can be done any time beween 10- 14 weeks.

Our midwife clinics have wee cardboard cups that have a spout that you can use for pouring into the pee containers or midwives just dip them directly at the hospital.

Had a massive argument with my mum today in the middle of lunch. I thought things were clear about the buying stuff for the baby, I'd asked her to wait 4 weeks until we could go out together and she's just completely disregarded everything I've said and went behind my back and bought everything anyway.

I was so angry I had to try really hard not to just get up and leave her in the middle of the restaurant, turn around and go home.

Trying to explain to her that yes, I know its her first grandchild, and she's excited, but it's OUR firts baby and we're excited too. We're getting completely frozen out of the process and none of the stuff she's buying is what I want. Or she can afford.

I phoned my brother and she's been buying and sneaking stuff in the house. Apparently she was telling him about this really expensive thing (typical man fashion he didn't listen) but it ONLY comes in pink or blue. So she has it READY for when the baby comes, she'll just buy BOTH and take one back.

I'm sick of it. Really stressed with the whole thing. I told her she was ruining my pregnancy (bit strong handed but I'm getting really frustrated with the whole thing) and I'm getting really stressed.

Husband also suggested the whole writing a letter thing, but she's dyslexic and doesn't pick up on written tone well, or would tend to interpret tone and meaning where there isn't any.

I've had enough..

Aww Lexie what an awful time you have had.

I had similar situation with my mother in law. I never had it out with her but it really upset me. I felt that she was trying to take over, and not respecting that this our baby and she has had her turn already.

The thing is even if your mum does buy things, you don't have to use it or put baby into clothes she has bought.

Rather than have an argument with MIL, I used to "put away" the clothes and "forgot them" until they are two small. Then I had to pack them away lol Oh dear lol

I've also done this with presents too, where what she has bought isn't appropriate for my little girl

With my own mum, if really dont like something I'll say otherwise I just smile and accept it.

It's their own choice to spend money and if they do it without checking its their own fault for wasting money.

If your mum can't control her spending, maybe you could give her a list of things you need? If she buys something that's not on your list you can say sorry mum we don't need it and not accept it.

I hope things get better for you soon x

Last edited:
Lexi - sounds like you're having a bit of a nitemare with your mum, i'm sure you will work out a way to tell your mum, maybe she finally got the message today?

As for D.S test, i will be having them but don't think i will bother with the amneo, If i'm high risk then at least we will be prepared and like some have said its not a given if you are high risk. We have to know what we are having since my sisters house is groaning with boy/girl baby stuff and is itching to get whatever is left on ebay. she only has another 10wks or so to wait ha ha.

Hey hope Asda have another baby event , not wanting to tempt fate buying stuff, that said OH came home with a cot bed(off a mate)thats gone straight in loft, i haven't seen it so it doesn't count ;)

xx

We just got back from telling families!!! Mine went well as wasn't nervous at all and mom n dad was excited n expected it.
Jays mom n dad we were so scared as we knew she might be funny. But all went well and seemed pleased!

Thought ut would be best to let people know so that if anything (god forbid) goes wrong or anything we have our supportive family as well as each other behind us. Plus they can share our excitement and journy!

I feel excited today and I must admit I am eating so healthy since found out!! I been making sure I have my fibre and wholemeal stuff and my 5 a day and callcium!

Not to mention lots of water with each meal and in between and also calamoile (spelling) tea!

I feel well too! Apart from a real weird mouth which I have never ever had before which tastes manky and almost like hangover mouth!! So been obsessed with spearmint chewing gums!!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Oh I wish a list would work Cheeky. She buys random stuff I would never use, i.e baby cot death mat, top and tail bowls. As a nurse having bed bathed hunners of patients I've meneged to never get their arse and face mixed up. Apparently having a baby means this is no longer the case and I'll be mixing up cloths and water etc

The list of stuff I needed we had arranged a date to go out and buy things in June. But no, she going mental and buying stuff on TOP of that.

I don't think she can control her spending. I don't think she listens. I think she's transferring baby guilt from MY childhood onto my baby. I think she's trying to make up for opportunities she never had with us as kids. She's a bit manic if truth be told and I can't keep trying to smooth out the creases.

Just cried my eyes up... :(
Have midwife booking appt Monday. N I just don't feel pregnant and well what if I actually not even tho I did 2 tests! Should I do another test??!! I have no symptoms as such!

Just constipated n boobs that slight tender like I'm due on.... That's it. When pregnant before as I been preg 3 times before but circumstances meant I had one that I carried to term. I felt sick instantly. Rocks for boobs. This time nothing :( It is scaring me... Don't wanna go midwife or a scan to be told there is no baby! What a complete idiot I would feel!

Sorry for the vent. Told oh and he laughed he thought I was joking but I'm serious I am so scared!! I don't feel preg!

Hi Leeanne

I felt the same when i was pregnant with my daughter hun. I woke up had bad period pains as normal and decided to do a test and it was positive. I had no sickness, and didnt 'feel' pregnant for ages. Don't worry xx

Leanne - it's incredibly rare for tests to give false positives, and to be honest you probably won't 'feel pregnant' until you've had your first scan and see it with your own eyes - I know I didn't. And to be fair I didn't really have that many symptoms until I hit about 8 weeks. Before that my boobs were a bit tender, and I was off my food. The nausea and tiredness hit me for 6 a bit later, but saying that some girls don't get it at all.

Don't worry about lack of symptoms - everyone's different, my SIL didn't know she was pregnant until she was 12.5 weeks gone as she didn't have any symptoms (and had bleeding she thought was her normal period).
And from what I've read (can't speak from personal experience as this is my first) every pregnancy is different, and your symptoms can differ dramatically.

Don't upset yourself over it, you need to start enjoying your pregnancy, and do another test if it makes you feel better. I did about 5 over about a week since my first positive test - it just reassured me that it WAS real.
Don't worry the weeks will fly by until your first scan then you can see your baby with your own eyes and believe it!

Having a stress about other half n his job n rights n pay etc. Don't kno if this is a factor.

But I'm having pains.. Could jusr be wind or constipation but... Should I be worried

Leeanne910 said:
Just cried my eyes up... :(
Have midwife booking appt Monday. N I just don't feel pregnant and well what if I actually not even tho I did 2 tests! Should I do another test??!! I have no symptoms as such!

Just constipated n boobs that slight tender like I'm due on.... That's it. When pregnant before as I been preg 3 times before but circumstances meant I had one that I carried to term. I felt sick instantly. Rocks for boobs. This time nothing :( It is scaring me... Don't wanna go midwife or a scan to be told there is no baby! What a complete idiot I would feel!

Sorry for the vent. Told oh and he laughed he thought I was joking but I'm serious I am so scared!! I don't feel preg!

Hiya, with my first I didn't have any pregnant symptoms.

It's very rare to get a false positive on a pg test. To get a positive you need to have the pregnancy hormones in your system.

If you really feel unsure, then take another test if it makes you feel better.

Take it easy and relax

Thanx Sarah n Mia.... Am considering another test. Have to take a wee wee sample Monday so maybe midwife will defo see if I am or not preg when they test it?

Lexie - I really feel for you. It sounds like you're honestly in a situation where you just can't win. Just stay strong!!

I've just had a look at the Asda baby event online (can't get to an Asda as neither me nor hubby drive) and seen a few bits I think I'll get - a baby carrier for £15, a travel cot for £25, a gorgeous changing mat set for £20 and a few more.
Really need to start getting my bum in gear and start shopping otherwise everything is going to be left until I'm 30 weeks + at this rate!!

Just want to buy smaller bits for now, as will leave the bigger purchases (pram, nursery furniture) until I actually am around 30 weeks - not because I don't want to tempt fate, but because if god forbid something did happen, I would feel awful having bought these things, both for money spent and the constant reminder.

Don't know if I've said before, but I am totally IN LOVE with the iCandy Peach, trouble is it's VERY expensive - works out at £800 for the stroller and carrycot. But me and hubby just love it, so we'll have to see closer to the time if it's the one we go for. Here it is:

http://www.icandyuk.com/products_detail.php?id=peach_stroller

Thx cheeky. Maybe cuz it's so early? Our first day of trying was 14th April. Not long ago. Implantation can take a week. And as for clearblue sayin I'm 2-3 weeks I can't see how!

Maybe I'm just in denial

Thanx Sarah n Mia.... Am considering another test. Have to take a wee wee sample Monday so maybe midwife will defo see if I am or not preg when they test it?

I think it differs depending on where you are.

As far as I'm aware most docs don't re-test you due to the accuracy of home testing kits - the docs kits aren't any more accurate. I wasn't tested but I know of some girls that were so who knows ;)

The wee sample is usually to see if you have an infection or any protein in your wee - you have to give a sample everytime you see your midwife.

At least you'll have the date for your dating scan soon - that will give you something to look forward to and focus on, and I'm sure the weeks will fly by until then x

Lexie_dog said:
Oh I wish a list would work Cheeky. She buys random stuff I would never use, i.e baby cot death mat, top and tail bowls. As a nurse having bed bathed hunners of patients I've meneged to never get their arse and face mixed up. Apparently having a baby means this is no longer the case and I'll be mixing up cloths and water etc

The list of stuff I needed we had arranged a date to go out and buy things in June. But no, she going mental and buying stuff on TOP of that.

I don't think she can control her spending. I don't think she listens. I think she's transferring baby guilt from MY childhood onto my baby. I think she's trying to make up for opportunities she never had with us as kids. She's a bit manic if truth be told and I can't keep trying to smooth out the creases.

Aww Lexie I really feel for you hun.

I know its easier said than done but you need to try and let your mums issues not drag you down. I had an awful first year with my MIL and the only person who suffered was me.

It's so hard with parents, they want to buy everything but don't stop and think abt us new parents.

Having a baby brings both good and bad issues up...your relationship is changing with your mum as you are no longer just her daughter but a mother too. New boundaries are being formed where she has to follow your rules which may not feel comfortable for her. With my own parents, I found them very respectful however my in laws still try to overall my rules. I just stick my guns but sadly hubby wont confront his parents.

Maybe when you feel ready to face your mum maybe you could so non baby related things

Hope things get better soon x

Thx cheeky. Maybe cuz it's so early? Our first day of trying was 14th April. Not long ago. Implantation can take a week. And as for clearblue sayin I'm 2-3 weeks I can't see how!

Maybe I'm just in denial

Ours was the 20th, but i really feel my period coming so i dont think i am this month. Was due yesterday, if i dont come on by saturday will do another test.

Has anyone taken anti depressants while trying or pregnant?

I have been on prozac for a while, but although they have helped me ive decided to wean myself off them while we are trying till i can stop them.

Ohhh Mia u might be!!! And we be like days apart!!!! Hahaha! Fingers crossed for u! I was convinced my period was coming tho. I had pmt n the urge to go for poos which is what I get when due on and the lower bk ache n tummy cramp.... But
Nothing and I'm pregnant!!

Xx

I hope so hun, but my pains are quite bad and been like this for past week..i know i had this with my daughter but i just have that feeling that im not xx

Are any of you ladies on Facebook, if you are feel free to add me :)

I'm Mia West, same profile picture x

i thought my period was coming for like 2 months! .. you never know till it happens, and it might not!

getting increasingly pissed off with maternity clothes online. grrr

Ok its getting scary now........ Ive got one month and 4 days till baby is due to arrive!

I did get a weight gain this week but it was only 0.5lb lol and that was being completely off plan, eating nearly a packet of cookies every night and having an extra HEB or two lol

I wish I could be this naughty and have little gains when not pregnant, that would be bliss hahaha

I think what has made the difference, is that I have healthy meals and snack on fruit all day. Its only the evenings where I have 10 cookies and a freddie choc bar. I guess that the good is still outweighing the bad if I constantly maintain??

Back