Pregnancy and Slimming World

By the way how's all ur lovely baby bumps :) annndddddd what's everyones expected due date!!!

:)

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 14s 0lb Weight to lose: 3s 7lb
my "lovely baby bump" is making me feel like a beached whale!!! Although i am a lot neater than last time! Baby is still breech so constantly have a head inbetween my ribs that makes me a bit puffy, oh and my placenta is at the front, anyone else experienced this? I don't think it causes problems but i don't get as many kicks just wiggles and pushes oh and lots of hiccups!!!!! Am getting impatience now as due in 6 1/2 weeks (16th march!!!) :D

Donzy84 said:
Tell me about it!!!! Last time round Hubby treated me as if i was fragile and wouldn't let me do anything, this time round i'm running after a 3 yr old, working parttime and looking after house, then he moans that i want to go to bed at 9pm!!!! :rolleyes:

It's nice knowing that it isn't just my hubby lol. I've got a 21month old who just doesn't stop, I work part time in London and like you I look after the house lol um ready for bed by 8pm and hubby wonders why lol

Hey cheekypasterfield
Snap!!! We are both due on the same date - I'm due 9th June as well :)

Bump is much smaller this time - am still in my normal clothes and can't really tell that I'm pregnant at all at the moment.
I'm gaining weight though - but I do think that a major part of that is because I'm not sticking to plan - really need to get my head back into SW gear so I don't put on as much as I did last time.

Am also running about after a 2 and a half year old and hubby is just treating me as normal - am not getting the special treatment I got last time :( but hey ho - I will demand it after the birth :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

hi everyone,

I've only been sticking to SW for last 3 weeks up until then ate normally, although havent gone mad like i did in previous pregnancy...

I was 12st 2lb at booking in and now am 12st 12lb, so only 10lb on, it just doesn't seem very much for 33 weeks (last time put on 4 stone but started a bit lighter).... i did lose 3lbs after xmas but ate loads, i just cut out the junk...

Do you think that is normal, or should i be putting on more....

Donzy84 said:
hi everyone,

I've only been sticking to SW for last 3 weeks up until then ate normally, although havent gone mad like i did in previous pregnancy...

I was 12st 2lb at booking in and now am 12st 12lb, so only 10lb on, it just doesn't seem very much for 33 weeks (last time put on 4 stone but started a bit lighter).... i did lose 3lbs after xmas but ate loads, i just cut out the junk...

Do you think that is normal, or should i be putting on more....

Hiya, I had the same worry as you. I spoke to a MW who has said to not worry about weight gaining. She said nowadays MW and doctors don't worry too much about how much you gain. They are only concerned about massive weight losses or weight gain.

The MW also wasn't worried cos I was on SW.

Like you first time round I gained 4 stone and so far at 21 weeks I've only gained 7lbs.

Try not to fret x

rosiepeace said:
Hey cheekypasterfield
Snap!!! We are both due on the same date - I'm due 9th June as well :)

Bump is much smaller this time - am still in my normal clothes and can't really tell that I'm pregnant at all at the moment.
I'm gaining weight though - but I do think that a major part of that is because I'm not sticking to plan - really need to get my head back into SW gear so I don't put on as much as I did last time.

Am also running about after a 2 and a half year old and hubby is just treating me as normal - am not getting the special treatment I got last time :( but hey ho - I will demand it after the birth :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

We'll have to see who gets to the finishing line first lol

rosiepeace said:
Lol - being as my first was 11 days late i'm thinking it prob won't be me :)

My first came late too. She was due the 31st march but turned up on 7th April so I've got a late one too. When are you planning to go on maternity leave?

When are you planning to go on maternity leave?

I'm self employed so will probably just start winding down a bit for june. Need to look into and see if I'm entitled to maternity benefit or not. I wasn't last time as had only just started the buisness and had been unemployed for a year or more before hand.
The bonus with being self employed though is that if I need to take time off I can do without too many issues - or can just work at a different time of the day.:)

Hi

Just wanted to share my story with you all to show you that you can have a healthy pregnancy with small gains.

I fell pregnant with baby no 4 and was my heaviest ever at :
17.1 1/2
By week 22 i had ballooned to 17.11
I had seen the consultant at 21 weeks and he advised me to exercise and eat healthily as i had a 10lb baby previously and always had large babies (baby 1: 8lb 1 1/2 weeks early and baby 3 was 2 weeks early 8.81/2)

So, at 22 weeks i took his advice and started to eat only when hungry and smaller portions and took up some exercise on 4/7 days of the week (pre natal class 2 days, tone zone and step)

My weight dropped (i have a diary of my losses but it would make this post long and boring lol) - some weeks i gained a little but i trusted my body and the day i went into labour i was

6 1/2lb lighter than when i fell pregnant

3 days after i gave birth i was 15.10.

I have since gained a few pounds (he is 10 weeks) but only went back to exercise when he was 7 weeks and have also been eating lots for breastfeeding BUT i am back to SW now :)

I have photographed my progress throughout my pregnancy too and if you are interested then let me know as i have the album on my facebook profile and you could look on there - just let me know ur email addy and i'll add you on facebook.

I started pregnancy at a size 20/22 and i ended a maternity 14-16. My body is still returning to normal and so i am wearing a 16-18 at the moment but hope my belly has more shrinking to do lol - i also want to actively start losing now, hence my doing SW :)

Hope this helps someone to realise it is worth persevering and NOT to give up trying to be as healthy as you can.

O, and my baby was 2 days late 8lb 9ozs so effectively my smallest baby yet based on dates :) - so being healthy also helped there. I also had the least painful delivery - delivered standing (think a 20minute squat!!!!!!!) which i have never been able to do previously and i think a lot is due to the exercise i did :) I am also coping better being slimmer and fitter and feel much better about myself than i would had i come out of pregnancy bigger.

I also had him on Monday and was at work Sat and back to work the following Sat (again i thank the healthier and fitter me) - i am a swimming instructor with my own swim school.

Just wish i had started earlier in my pregnancy (but consultant told me 22-24 weeks is when they start to put on weight lol)

Wow xnatalie81x thanks so much for sharing that, you must feel amazing being so fit and slim now!

Oh dear had a bit of an eventful day today, had to sprint a hundred yards for my train last night and woke up this morning with excrutiating pain in my groin and lower abdomen. I was in so much pain this morning that I convinced myself I was in labour! So I went to the day assessment unit at the hospital, they checked me over and I was not in labour phew! LOL! They did a few tests to rule out certain issues. Tested urine for a UTI - clear, checked baby's heartbeat, no bleeding so placenta was fine and waters still intact so I was all clear.

Basically I've strained my pelvic muscles and all that was recommended was rest and paracetamol. So no drama :D I was scared though! The midwife referred me to a physiotherapist and said if I wasn't feeling better in 48 hours to go see him. But I'm feeling a lot better with significantly less pain so I doubt I'd need physio. Plus I'm due in 2 weeks anyway so I doubt it'd be much use anyway.

So moral of the story, no running at 37 weeks even when you feel fit and strong and "unpregnant"! :p

Honey - please be careful hun you don't want to do any damage to yourself before the delivery :) Hope everything goes to plan for you hun - not long to go now.

Natalie - thank you very much for that - it has been so inspriational for me personally - I''m still attending SW but my head hasn't been in SW mode at all - sat in on the new member meeting today and I do think that your story will help me alot this week to focus on SW and to get back into the zone.

I. AM. MASSIVE

Except its all beneath my boobs, like upper abdomen. Positively nothing going on in lower abdomen.

I feel huge like fat and not huge pregnant. I am assuming its bloating.

So finishing my mackarel on toast, decaff coffee and heading back to kitchen to finish decorating. So much to do so little time.

Just wondering, how much more HEs do you get when you're exclusively breastfeeding?

Depends on the age of the baby

ranges from betwee 2-8 I think, mostly additional A choices for the calcium. I have the book in the kitchen and will double check this for you later on this evening.

So from the "Eat Well, Live Well, feel amazing" SW pamphlet

"You can enjoy the additional HE's on top on your usual 2a and 2b choices. We recommend that one or preferably two of these are made from milk and cheese section"

Baby's age
Up to 2 months - 3
2-3 months - 4
4-6 Months (if starting to wean)- 3
4-6 months (if breastmilk is the only source of nutrient for your baby) 4
Over 6 months when weaning - 1

"The recommended daily intake of calcium increases from 700mg to 1250mg per day"

Healthy Extra's
350ml skimmed milk - 420mg
250ml semi skimmed - 300mg
350ml calcium enriched unsweetened soya milk - 420mg
28g cheddar - 200mg
42g reduced fat cheddar - 350mg
Free foods
100g very low fat natural/flavoured yoghurt - 160mg
100g sardines in tomato sauce - 430mg
100g tofu (plain or naturally smoked) 510mg
100g spinach - 170mg
100g Okra - 160mg

Thats a wee shortened version of the ood list. Hope this helps. I had it in my head as 8 HE's counting the 4 on a red/green day plus the 4 max extra. Sorry for any confusion!

You're amazing Lexie, thanks so much! Wow so I could have up to 4 As and 4 Bs?! I like the sound of that :D
Thanks again, I really appreciate your help!

No bother Honey. I been awake since 4:30 anyway (hubby snoring!)

LOL! Unfortunately I'm the snorer at the moment. DH says I sound like a dragon!

Back