Pregnancy and Slimming World

Oh dear. I'd come on to say I was out last night at my grad ball but will leave it for another time. I don't want to seem all "I'm having a great time and you're no"

It might have been a wee stomach bug - was the cramp your ligaments/uterus or was it all stomach/guts?

Fern - speak to your midwife - make an appointment even if itsover the phone. You need something else to control this. Its making you miserable and you can't spend all your time spewing and feeling like sh*t.

Don't take no for an answer. Stubbornly state you need something, refuse to leave without being at least promised an appointment for a review from someone even if its not the midwife.

Go kick some ass, and take your BF with you if you think you're not up to it or might back down if you don't want to make a fuss.

This is a time to make a fuss - seriously. Don't continue to feel like this.

:vibes: hope it settles at least a wee bit today.

Fern - If you have pain that isnt going away I would def ring up the maternity unit at your local hospital or speak to you midwife. It is quite normal to get cramps etc at that stage of pregnancy as the uterus is stretching, but any continious pain should be checked out. I hope you feel better soon.

oh i plan to, im heading to GP tomorrow after work and will refuse to leave untill he renews the prescription of anti sickness tabs i was given at xmas.

sorry gals, im feeling more positive today and tummy is slowly recovering.. - i spoke to MW, she recons it was down to the spicey fajitas i had friday night, as that was around the time it started, gradually getting worse overnight. maybe the spice or an intolerance.

lexie, tell me all about your lovley grad ball! what did you wear? .. britmum, you must be counting down the days now! Jelous! *also* id love to slap you right now for only managing to gain 10lbs during your entire pregnancy, damn you. lol

Hi guys, not been on here for a while but just thought I'd nip in to say goodbye (to this thread as I'm no longer pregnant) my little bundle of joy arrived 16 Feb. A little brother for my son weighing 7lb 3 - Seth Joseph. It was emergency c-section after pushing for 45 mins. Feeling really sore but getting better every day.
Anyway just wanted to nip in for the last time and say a big good luck to all you ladies about to join the mummy club. Hope everything goes well for you in the rest of your pregnancies and for the births.

Here's to a SW future as yummy mummies. xx

Congratulations Browsie x

I have an early scan tomorrow because last time I had a miscarrige so it is just a precoscion. A bit anxious only because it was the last place where I found out that my baby died in Ocotober, but fingers crossed I get to see its little heartbeat and it be good :)

Good luck hun, hope it all goes well, I know how worrying it can be. Let us know how it goes x

Oh dear I'm so thick, I'm on my phone and read earlier posts, missing the latest ones! Do you've had a gorge baby girl Honey! Congratulations!xxxxxxxxx

LOL Heather!! That's alright lol, it's funny how much goes on when you miss a couple of weeks on minimins! Thanks so much for the well wishes!

Fern so sorry you're feeling poorly, I agree with the others in insisting on something to relieve the nausea! So sorry this pregnancy is a bit difficult. Hopefully once you have your meds you'll be feeling good in no time!

Britmum you look amazing and only 10lbs gained!!!! Amazing!

As for me things are going pretty well, it's been the longest 10 days ever lol and at this point the prospect of a full night sleep sounds like an impossibility. Rosie is a sweet little girl and doesn't really give me a hard time but I can't seem to sleep when she is as I'm paranoid something will happen when I'm asleep so I'm constantly checking to make sure she's okay. Will I EVER be able to sleep? Will I be able to relax more as I get more confident that all is well with her? The last couple of days have been a little scary because she started to sound congested and snuffly and I was worried she couldn't breathe properly and therefore couldn't feed etc... But she seems to be breathing fine when she's asleep just when she's awake that she sounds mucusy. I spoke to my midwife and they've recommended saline drops to help clear her nasal passage and to feed her as often as possible as my breast milk is what will help build her immunity and keep her hydrated. They assured me she'll be fine and this sort of thing is pretty common with C section babies and they tend to hold a bit of fluid. So fingers crossed! Thoought I'd post another pic. Sorry I look tired and stunned lol!

20110226_IMG_0407.jpg

photo-62.jpg

Her hungry face lol
IMG00377-20110222-2224.jpg

Last edited:
Awww honeyoc she really is adorable. You are doing so well and look fab. I can tell you are totally besotted there :). Don't worry about being panicky at the moment. It is totally normal and you will relax a bit after a while, although that protective feeling never really goes away. Is part of being a mummy :)

I had a 4d scan done on Saturday and we got some amazing pictures. My little girl looks just like her big brother. I am so excited to meet her now.

Here is a couple of pics :) and also a 30+ week bump pic :). My bump is definately starting to pop out more now.

photos

Last edited:
Awww Britmum your little one looks so precious! Having a little girl is the most amazing thing ever! I bet your son will be a lovely big brother. Your bump looks so little still! Though mine looked pretty neat until 36 weeks and it just exploded lol. You look beautiful!

Honey - I do know what you mean about not being able to sleep in case something happens. Have a look about for those monitors which can go under her mattress. They are fab and really helped me when I had my son - as I was constantly up and making sure he was still breathing all the time. They usually do sound and movement - they basically monitor the babies breathing and an alarm will sound if they stop breathing for longer than 10 sec's. I know it helped me, just an idea.

You're baby is gorgeous by the way. And Britmum - your baby pics are beautiful - and your bump is so cute :)

Hope all goes well with the scan tomorrow Bunny - my fingers are well crossed for you.

Fern I hope you start to feel better really soon and that the Dr's listen to you and change the meds to something that will work better for you.

Hope everyone else is feeling happy and healthy during their pregnancies.
I've currently rediscovered the joy that is heartburn - with my son I suffered every day without fail, was drinking gaviscon by the gallon. Today has been really bad with it - am hoping that it's a one off and not the start of the rest of the pregnancy. Am off to drink milk and see if I can settle it down before I go to bed.
I have 15 weeks to go - and tons of stuff to get sorted - including the spare room and finding a cot for baby to sleep in when it arrives - left all my son's stuff behind when we moved as it was all on loan to others and would have felt bad asking for it back! Now I just feel stupid!

Hi Ladies!

Honey, oo i just want to squeeeeze your little girlie, shes delicious!.. and your look so well, im incredibly jelous.

Britmum, how fab are your pics! Your bump looks bigger this week, not long to go now!

Bunnylovesian, did you have a scan? I can remember how massive the baby seemed at 10+4 compared to the teeeeeeny blob and heartbeat at 6 wks! They change and grow so incredibly fast. I cant wait to see baby at 20 weeks it going to blow my mind!

Im feeling really positive today. Iv really begun to 'love' my bump the last few days and im spending a few minutes each eve sat in front of the mirror, just rubbing my belly and trying to 'conect'.. i feel like its helping me ajust to the way i look, rather than ignore it and just feel fat. Its growing so fast now. Its deffinitely grown the last few days im certain., however batterys have run out so REALLY need to replace them ASAP.
Im 16 wks in a few days, YAY! another mile stone. Cant wait to be 20 now (god its a never ending cycle!) i feel like im constantly waiting for the next few weeks to go, but when i realised one more month and il be half way there, i was like ****! even though i hate the sickness i dont want it to pass me by! i really really want to savour these moments!

Cant wait to feel my baby move, its a feeling im really on tenderhooks waiting to feel now! Literally cannot wait.

Now, saying this- come saturday when im likley to start puking again, i will proberly be back slating my pregnancy again, LOL

Im a happy lady today. Decided to skip fatclub tomorrow, i dont want to ruin this. xx

Have to say I was sure I could feel my baby moving from 15 weeks. Evryone told me it wasnt possible, but now at 20 weeks (ish) I have the same sensations but stronger :)

I find myself walking about with hand on my bump a lot, and find its really popped. I look huge - people now asking when I'm due and seem shocked when I say Im only halfway !

Lexie_dog said:
Have to say I was sure I could feel my baby moving from 15 weeks. Evryone told me it wasnt possible, but now at 20 weeks (ish) I have the same sensations but stronger :)

I find myself walking about with hand on my bump a lot, and find its really popped. I look huge - people now asking when I'm due and seem shocked when I say Im only halfway !

Hiya I think its possible....

With my first, I felt her movements at 18 weeks.

With this little one, I felt her move at 15/16 weeks.

Sometimes I feel horrible because first time I was all excited lol This time around it still feels great but I 'forget' being pregnant and when I feel a kick/movement,It takes me by surprise and I think of yeah I'm pregnant haha

Hi everyone,

Just a bit of an update on me.

Symptoms-wise I'm still exhausted all of the time and it's showed no signs of letting up. I'm getting on average 10 hours sleep a night (about 12 on weekends) and I've started booking odd days off at work as I'm finding myself not able to do a full week in work. Trouble is when I'm really tired I've been getting nasty headaches... fine in the evening when I can sleep it off, not so great in the middle of the day in the office. Also my boobs are still agony all the time - they're generally sore to touch, but also I've been getting shooting pains up the sides. I've got to go in for a bra fitting this week - intrigued to see how many cup sizes I've gone up as they feel huge!

On the plus side, my nausea seems to be easing, and I've started fancying fresh food again (apart from meat which I'm still off), just a shame I don't have any energy to cook it!

One good symptom I've noticed is my nails - they're so much stronger than pre-pregnancy! I'm going to London for my birthday this weekend so I think I'll treat myself to a manicure in the hotel spa.

And my dating scan has been booked in for Thursday 10th March - can't wait now! Will be great to see our baby properly, as all we saw at 7 weeks was just a speck. I'm so excited, and excited that I can actually start telling people and start shopping too...

Hope you're all feeling ok today

Back