Pregnancy and Slimming World

I feel like that bit in Alien, when that blokes stomach starts moving around before it pops out! I'm 37 weeks now and he's still so jiggly! My midwife said his head was 2/5ths in my pelvis so he's heading in the right direction at least. My first baby never got engaged until I was in actual labour!

Realy glad I've finished work now as I'm aching and sleeping terribly, although not just with pregnancy - we've spent the past week getting our 2 year old to sleep on his own (hubby was sharing with him) and he's been having a mix of good and bad nights. Last night was bad as he didn't want to go back to bed so there was a lot of sitting up in his room waiting for him to drop off! I think I only got about 5 hours sleep last night, and that was in 2 shifts!

Got a hospital appointment tomorrow so not looking forward to that at the consultants are interfering again and I wish they would just sod off! All my blood and water tests have been clear and my blood pressure has stayed normal throughout. They just keep focusing on kidney problems I had in late 2006, something that has never come back and I've not had any issues at all with them in either pregnancy! Rah!

Been watching One Born Every Minute and am now starting to freak out each week it gets me closer to my own birth. I'm such a wimp with a low pain threshold, worried how I'll cope (although I managed not to swear at all last time - proud of myself!). :)

Good luck I wish I was at your stage x

I feel like that bit in Alien, when that blokes stomach starts moving around before it pops out! I'm 37 weeks now and he's still so jiggly! My midwife said his head was 2/5ths in my pelvis so he's heading in the right direction at least. My first baby never got engaged until I was in actual labour!

Realy glad I've finished work now as I'm aching and sleeping terribly, although not just with pregnancy - we've spent the past week getting our 2 year old to sleep on his own (hubby was sharing with him) and he's been having a mix of good and bad nights. Last night was bad as he didn't want to go back to bed so there was a lot of sitting up in his room waiting for him to drop off! I think I only got about 5 hours sleep last night, and that was in 2 shifts!

Got a hospital appointment tomorrow so not looking forward to that at the consultants are interfering again and I wish they would just sod off! All my blood and water tests have been clear and my blood pressure has stayed normal throughout. They just keep focusing on kidney problems I had in late 2006, something that has never come back and I've not had any issues at all with them in either pregnancy! Rah!

Been watching One Born Every Minute and am now starting to freak out each week it gets me closer to my own birth. I'm such a wimp with a low pain threshold, worried how I'll cope (although I managed not to swear at all last time - proud of myself!). :)

On a downer today

Was at midwife and she said my blood pressure is continuing to drop now 100/55.

And because I've felt faint a further twice Im now getting sent for an echocardiogram.

Im fed up with this, I feel fine, just wish blood pressure would get up a bit and resolve all this carry on.

Bought some wee bits for the baby in gender specific colour today! and a wee pair of "I love Daddy" socks. Aside from that Im just fed up with this ECG, Echo carryon.

May have spoken too soon re the "feeling fine" finding it hard to take deep breaths this morning. Either baby is right under my ribs, I'm carrying high, or something else.

Either way appt tomorrow and until then I'll just have a day pottering about the house.

Woop 10wks preggers, that is 1/4 of the pregnancy out of the way. Only another thrity wks left, I is that sad in how I think with my milestones, lol

I'm the opposite I wish pregnancy would last a bit longer - beginning to keech it about baby being here.

There's so much I dont know!!!

Hi All

Hi all.
I have read through all your posts and it has been great.
I am 13 weeks pregnant and thought I may start slimming world I did it a few years ago and know it is a good one to do while expecting.
I was doing cambridge when i found out about pregnancy so stopped it straight away, i have now put on about 1/2 stone and eating like mad so want to do something now :confused: you have all inspired me to get and do it :)
Thank you x

Congratulations Lynne!

I've got my dating scan this afternoon - I'm so excited! Can't wait to see our baby on the screen.
Also my nausea seems to have eased now so I'm definitely going to start eating properly again once the next few days are over with - going to be a crazy few days visiting everyone and telling them our good news! Can't wait :D

Thank you all :)
Enjoy your scan today. I had mine a week ago. My parents fly back from NZ today so I will be giving them the news tonight.
Glad sickness is easing mind has too:jelous: which is why I am now feeling ready to try SW. I would like my weight to stay pretty much where it is now for rest of pregnancy.
Hope everyone else is feeling well too xx

I'm feeling the same - need to get out of the habit of just grabbing whatever I fancy to eat and start eating the good stuff again.
Trouble is I'm still exhausted in the evenings so that leaves my cooking abilities a bit lacking. I'm hoping it will ease over the next week or so, allowing me to spend a bit more time in the kitchen again!

Oh Sarah! Good luck for your scan its amazing seeing baby!

I went for echo today, sat about for a hour in the waiting room only to be told that they cant do the echo today. Whats that about?

Fed up now.

Back