Pregnancy and Slimming World

Exactly Fern! It doesnt seem possible its all bump but yet everything else seems "normal"

So went to Asda today and bought stuff for a very healthy SW week ahead, no arguments about it. Steak, Whole chickens, eggs for omlettes, fat free yogs, cottage cheese, beans for beans on toast, good quality ham and fruit and veg. No white bread at all this week bought in and husband been told he onto wholemeal whether he likes it or not.

Snack wise I bought 2 packets of the Big snackajaks as I tend to only want a taste of something sweet.

I have only put on 2lbs (within my window of fluxiorating) but I feel so mahoosive around my belly - it does not even look like a bump shape, lol.
I wish I could eat a bit better but gone of most food still and can not stand most meat apart from ham and tuna.
I went to a gig last night and the place was mainly standing up but luckily I found a spot to sit down. To see the singer though I had to stand up;however it was so hot and could hardly stand on my feet for a long time. when I got home and slipped into my bed it was the most amazing feeling everrrrrrrrrrrrr, God I have never treasured my bed so much :)

I'm back on it today - have planned food diary (in my link) for next 2 days. I'm not trying to lose weight, just eat healthier. Concentrating on things like calcium, fruit and veg and good proteins for baby.

Bunny - my last concert was 20th feb, and I had to keep going to the bar fro breaks and waching the gig on the screens. Lots of people and lots of pyrotechnics meant it was far far too hot.

I'd only put on 2lbs by week 18, either scales I measured on are dodgy, or I've piled on 1stone 3lbs in less than 5 weeks. Which is impressive lol

Hi All
I had my 1st weigh in last night and lost 1.5 lbs :) I am quite happy with that. I am going to try to put on NO more weight while pregnant..Do you think that is realistic??
Hope you are all having a good SW week and a good week in all other ways :)
x

Last edited:
i still have a weight tracker that is not mine and nothing to do with me after my posts. I wonder where it came from.....and why would I have a footballer lol..

just being nosey, well done ladies and keep it up. Wish i'd joined when preggers. Ds is 7 months and im only just starting to lose weight. Good luck and well done xxx

haven't posted on here for a while, keep forgetting and have busy sorted out bits around the house etc.

Anyway I am 34 weeks today and had my OB appointment. All was good, blood pressure fine etc and total weight gain to date in pregnancy is 12 pounds, which I am really pleased with.

Got my next appointment in 2 weeks time at 36 weeks and then it will be every week until delivery. EEEK!!, not long to go now.

britmum im so jelous of your 12lb gain i could slap you :eek:) only nicely though!! lol.. oooo your on the home stretch now!

.. lynne go to your user cp - edit sig will be in left hand side .. you can sort your tracker out from there!! xx

lynnej33 said:
Hi All
I had my 1st weigh in last night and lost 1.5 lbs :) I am quite happy with that. I am going to try to put on NO more weight while pregnant..Do you think that is realistic??
Hope you are all having a good SW week and a good week in all other ways :)
x

Hiya Lynne, Personally I think you're better working on trying to gain a sensible amount of weight rather than no weight at all. I'm 29 weeks and have gained 7.5lbs so far. It's all baby weight and i know I've lost weight on my hips and back.

Try keeping your weight gain to a minimum and focus on lots of healthy eating x

Hi beautiful mammas to be!

Just wanted to share that next week I'm going to the doctors as my pill is soon to end and I want to know the safest way to come off it to try and conceive and to get my blood pressure checked and get some advice to help with a good start. So fingers crossed it won't be long and I cam get down to buisness (lmao if u get me ;))

Other halfs excited.... :) never had a "planned baby" nor has he so we are excited to try the making part! Lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 13lb Total loss: 8lb

Hi, hope everyone is doing well today!

I can now see my stomach moving when the baby is kicking/moving about. Wierd, brilliant and amazing all at the same time!

Got today off to a good day eatingwise.

Breakfast is 1 large orange, 1/2 a large mango, a yellow kiwi, muller and a decaff coffee. Lots of fibre and vitamin sin there.

Hope you are all good today and rockin your bumps :)

Ooooh - stolen from the Bargains thread

Non-food bargain - - Bio Oil . Brilliant for scars/stretch marks/mega skin conditioner.

Normally anything from £8 - £12 but on 31st March is only £3.99 in Aldi (cream & oil).

I have just applied for sure start healthy vouchers, did not realise that I was entitled to them whilst pregnant and also getting refund back from the cost of travelling to the hosiptal for my scan as I am on benefits :D

I have just applied for sure start healthy vouchers, did not realise that I was entitled to them whilst pregnant and also getting refund back from the cost of travelling to the hosiptal for my scan as I am on benefits :D

That's good news!

Have to say I was looking forward to the maternity grant, but that stopped Jan this year.

So we get zilch :(. I have to traipse to jobcentre every 2nd week and hand in a job diary, even though I don't get any money to make sure Im still getting my NI stamp paid. It sucks being unemployed. Qualified nurse but no jobs, and no-one will hire a big preggy nurse who will only work a few months and then be off on leave. Blows.

I don't think we'll get anything Fern as Husband works. I don't get any "sign on" money as he is in FT employment, what I do get is my NI stamp paid.

It's a bugger - I been applying for everything, temp contracts etc, but no-one will hire me a) as a degree qualified nurse as I'd only work for a month or 2 then be off, and the job situation up here is terrible for nursing as it is and b) no-one will hire me on a temp contract doing anything due to the fact I have a degree in Nursing and the minute a job comes up in that field I'd be off.

So I'm stuck . And its driving me crazy. I'm used to doing a 40 - 56 hour week, plus studying plus PT work. And I've went from that to nothing. It's really rather depressing. All my friends/peers are out working and I'm stuck at home mouldering. Add to that the loss of one wage and its difficult. It's getting to the stage that I don't feel like doing much of anything now, as theres very little point.

Anyway, moan over

Today me and husband are driving up to Queen Elizabeth National Park with a SW friendly(ish) picnic and going a good hike with the dog.

We have, chicken drumsticks, cous cous, boiled eggs, wee sausages (not SW I know), HEB of Hovis, apples, water and some Alpen lights for extra snackage although I doubt we'll need it.

Hoping to rack up a good couple of Km today so will report back later!

Have a good day everyone

mm lexi that sound de-lish!!

i can imagine how much of a change it is, and as you say, added the pain of a lost wage is a proper bummer. I so hope that somthing comes up for you before baby. i think i may struggle going from working fulltime to being a mummy as theres no clocking off period LOL x

Back