Pregnancy and Slimming World

Really? Hmm i didn't know that!? oh no i'll have to rely on my own tests then! I don't believe my tests :faint2:
Thanks for the information :) Should just be an in & out appointment then...paperwork!

Thanks Britmum! :flowers:

To be honest paperwork is minimal. They will check you're taking your folic acid. Refer you to midwife for booking appt. Ask date of LMP.

I showed the doc my clearblue digital, she did an extra preg test in her office just to make sure.

That was it. In and out!

Fab! Thanks Lexie- don't think my test will hold out til then- it says 24 hours- I took the test at 7.30am & my appointment is at 11am tomorrow!
It's calmed me down a bit so thank you!!! I'm such a worrywart sometimes! Better hold my pee until the appointment then :)

To be honest paperwork is minimal. They will check you're taking your folic acid. Refer you to midwife for booking appt. Ask date of LMP.

I showed the doc my clearblue digital, she did an extra preg test in her office just to make sure.

That was it. In and out!

LMP?

I cant believe I've been so laid back about thinking that I'm "probably" late but cant be sure, but since deciding I'm going to take a test its all I can think about!!

Must remember in future to actually monitor my cycle!

when i went to the doctors he said, what can i help you with. . i said im pregnant, got a test this morning.

He said great, asked me when my last period was.. calculated me a edd and then sent me on my way with a pack for the midwife to book myself from 8wks+.. he didnt even check.. and infact when i had a scare 2 xmas's ago, meaning i went in with symptoms thinking my IBS was getting worse and she pretty much convinced me i was pregnant, she refused to do a test and said i had to go buy one myself and wait untill the morning! LOL

you tests arnt lieing- ignore the babyandbump- iv been on there too and the problem is, the ladies who have been trying ages constantly pee on sticks using cheap 'line' tests and so often they get evap lines/ convince themselves somthing is there- that is why i only bothered buying clearblue, digital but iv never heard of an instance where it was wrong, other than in the case of a VERY early missed mc, usually accuring in the few days that they were waiting for thier period to arrive.

you ARE pregnant, dont you worry. unfortunatly the doctor is very unlikey to try and 'prove' it to you. i know its a shock, your ok to freak out.. but dont convince yourself its not real! xxx

when i went to the doctors he said, what can i help you with. . i said im pregnant, got a test this morning.

He said great, asked me when my last period was.. calculated me a edd and then sent me on my way with a pack for the midwife to book myself from 8wks+.. he didnt even check.. and infact when i had a scare 2 xmas's ago, meaning i went in with symptoms thinking my IBS was getting worse and she pretty much convinced me i was pregnant, she refused to do a test and said i had to go buy one myself and wait untill the morning! LOL

you tests arnt lieing- ignore the babyandbump- iv been on there too and the problem is, the ladies who have been trying ages constantly pee on sticks using cheap 'line' tests and so often they get evap lines/ convince themselves somthing is there- that is why i only bothered buying clearblue, digital but iv never heard of an instance where it was wrong, other than in the case of a VERY early missed mc, usually accuring in the few days that they were waiting for thier period to arrive.

you ARE pregnant, dont you worry. unfortunatly the doctor is very unlikey to try and 'prove' it to you. i know its a shock, your ok to freak out.. but dont convince yourself its not real! xxx

THANK YOU! You're a poppet!

I did use cheapies which showed up a little then tried the clearblue which came up 1-2 wks pg...still didn't believe it so bought a morrisons own...a slight line but nothing to write home about. But i think because it's still early, i'd trust the clear blue & the fact i'm 2 days late!

I had been testing since 7dpo i think and yesterday eve (14pdo) was the first indication i had that i was pg- it's all sounding promising- i need to stop stressing & get my head round the fact i'm starting to grow a little person! Eeeeek :)

7dpo! have you no self control!! LOL i tested 13dpo, so day before period was due- i expect the line is because it is too early. i was dated at 4+1 by doctor the same day i got BFP so i suspect that proberly wouldnt have showed up on lines either.. horah for clearblue, boo for the expense!! lol xx

7dpo! have you no self control!! LOL i tested 13dpo, so day before period was due- i expect the line is because it is too early. i was dated at 4+1 by doctor the same day i got BFP so i suspect that proberly wouldnt have showed up on lines either.. horah for clearblue, boo for the expense!! lol xx

Too right i have no self control! hehe

I'm really stupid so i apologize for the question but when you say you were dated 4+1 does that mean you were dated 5 weeks pregnant? If it is why do they say 4 +1 instead of just 5 weeks? I a complete noob at all this pregnancy lark!! I've seen other people have the +1 or +2 i have the confuzzle! :eek:

If my doc says they won't test i'll go out & buy another clearblue for sure! Not going back to stupid lines...my eyes don't work that well!

sorry! 4 weeks and one day... so for example today i am actually 20 weeks and 6 days pregnant, i turn 21 weeks exactly tomorrow (my ticker below is one day out as i was moved by 1 day at 12 week dating scan!)

your doctor will date you from the first day, of your last period. so my first day of my last period was the 10th of november, and i got a bfp december the 11th.. and thats how he dates me.. then counts 40 weeks from that day to create my expected due date. (with his funny circle calender thing lol)

i expected to be moved atleast 6 days back at my 12 week scan, as i obviously didnt fall pregnant on my period- however i was only moved one day.. bizarely. Still havnt worked that one out. maybe my baby is just big LOL xx

sorry! 4 weeks and one day... so for example today i am actually 20 weeks and 6 days pregnant, i turn 21 weeks exactly tomorrow (my ticker below is one day out as i was moved by 1 day at 12 week dating scan!)

your doctor will date you from the first day, of your last period. so my first day of my last period was the 10th of november, and i got a bfp december the 11th.. and thats how he dates me.. then counts 40 weeks from that day to create my expected due date. (with his funny circle calender thing lol)

i expected to be moved atleast 6 days back at my 12 week scan, as i obviously didnt fall pregnant on my period- however i was only moved one day.. bizarely. Still havnt worked that one out. maybe my baby is just big LOL xx

Oh!!! Ok now i get it...thanks for explaining that, as you could see i had no clue :eek:

Hmm i wonder when i'll be due...i did an online calculator thingy that said 18th December but i never know if things like that are correct! Either way i should have an extra special Christmas pressie this year :)

How many weeks pregnant you are always goes from the first day of your last period. So on the day you expect your period and instead get a positive pregnancy test at approx 14 days past ovulation, you are already classed as 4 weeks pregnant. It doesnt change much from that even with scans, unless you dont have a standard 28 day cycle and ovulate later or earlier.

So at 4 weeks pregnant, you are 14 days past ovulation, if that makes sense. :)

Well it was a no for me.
Clearly I'm not ready though, I dont know nearly enough acronyms, (dlp?, bfp?dpo?) . And those last few posts were far too confusing!!!
Will have a few beers on my nights out over the weekend and enjoy the fact that I can still go on my holiday to Barbados that's booked for October

I've not been lucky this month. It was the first one of trying & have come on this morning :( how long did it take everyone else?

Took me a year give or take a month either way.

THANK YOU! You're a poppet!

I did use cheapies which showed up a little then tried the clearblue which came up 1-2 wks pg...still didn't believe it so bought a morrisons own...a slight line but nothing to write home about. But i think because it's still early, i'd trust the clear blue & the fact i'm 2 days late!

I had been testing since 7dpo i think and yesterday eve (14pdo) was the first indication i had that i was pg- it's all sounding promising- i need to stop stressing & get my head round the fact i'm starting to grow a little person! Eeeeek :)

The cheapies (2 for £4) from chemist I bought I was convinced they were wrong and I was seeing things. So went and popped in car and drove to nearest big shopping centre. I was so worried about not being able to pee, that (I'm mortified about this now) I took a jar with some pee in it. :eek:

Bought a double pack of Clearblue and my Pregnacare just in case.

I didn't test any time DPO, as due to PCOS my cycle can run from 23 - 80 days so I'd have been testing for aaaaaaages lol. I only tested because I took a sick feeling towards my morning coffee. Thought I was being overly paranoid!

Also, if you're not already get a start on your folic acid, all you ttc ladies and early pregnancies!

LMP - Last Menstrual Period
DPO - Days Past Ovulation
BFP - Big Fat Positive

hey grumble tumble............congrats i'm so happy for you and i now have a friend whos due similar time to me woohoo........BTW you are defo pregnant!!! I did the cheapo tests from homebargains (89p for 3 sticks) and they all showed nice pink positive then splashed out on a plastic stick at £1.29 lol and same again! As for the docs, it was the same as everyone else they take your word for it! Think its madness but there you go.I'm due on 4th Dec though the calculators on all the baby sites say the 2nd? Oh well will find out for sure at my scan.
I've told my C and she is happy for me to continue and then when you go to see the midwife you have to declare it and as long as things are going ok i think they and the C have to sign some form every wk so they can monitor your weight? Unfortunately you get no extra A's n B's lol! Though i think i will have another extra A for calcium!

Oh eck! The nausea has set in lol...........weird feeling!!!! I can still eat though pmsl in fact tea never touched the sides! On nights now for 3, will see how i get on with those as been really tired, my manager said i can come off them if it gets too much bless him!He's very supportive!

Hi, a quick query.

I found out I was pregnant on Monday, very pleased, been ttc for 7 months. So I am only about 5 weeks.

What I am wondering is if I tell my consultant now will I still be able to carry on going to group until I can get the ok from midwife, which isn't going to be for about 7 weeks, or are you not allowed to go until you have the ok from midwife. In which case I will put off telling consultant.

Aww congrats i'm so pleased for you too lol and other friend due the same time woohoo! Just got my appointment to see midwife 3rd May, can't wait!
x

grumbletumble said:
Hello! :eek:

I just tested this morning & i have a feint positive on internet cheapie test & a 1-2 weeks pregnant on a clear blue! I did take a morrisons own which had the feintest of feint lines....made an appointment with the doc for tomorrow...crossed fingers :)

Sooo happy for you!!! i test in a couple of days! i hope it happens quick for me too!!! will keep you informed!!

Well it was a no for me.
Clearly I'm not ready though, I dont know nearly enough acronyms, (dlp?, bfp?dpo?) . And those last few posts were far too confusing!!!
Will have a few beers on my nights out over the weekend and enjoy the fact that I can still go on my holiday to Barbados that's booked for October
I'm sorry :( Enjoy your nights out & holiday! Make the most of it ;)

The cheapies (2 for £4) from chemist I bought I was convinced they were wrong and I was seeing things. So went and popped in car and drove to nearest big shopping centre. I was so worried about not being able to pee, that (I'm mortified about this now) I took a jar with some pee in it. :eek:

Bought a double pack of Clearblue and my Pregnacare just in case.

I didn't test any time DPO, as due to PCOS my cycle can run from 23 - 80 days so I'd have been testing for aaaaaaages lol. I only tested because I took a sick feeling towards my morning coffee. Thought I was being overly paranoid!

Also, if you're not already get a start on your folic acid, all you ttc ladies and early pregnancies!

LMP - Last Menstrual Period
DPO - Days Past Ovulation
BFP - Big Fat Positive

:eek: about pee in a pot! haha i would have probably been the same! You have to save about 4 hours worth of pee anyway!

I tested with the cheapie again this morning & you can see a line but it's still feint- i'm assuming that just because it's still early? I hope so! My clearblue test i took yesterday just died so don't have anything to take to the docs this morning! Humph!

Wow! I can't believe you cycle could be so long! 80 days!!! Must have driven you mad! It's so good you managed to get pg with pcos :) I know it's ment to be really hard when you have that.

Coffee too is making my stomach turn atm- i suppose it's a clever thing, your body is telling you not to have caffeine!

Thanks for the tip about folic acid, i'll get some today...i didn't realise i was ment to be taking whilst trying! :eek:

hey grumble tumble............congrats i'm so happy for you and i now have a friend whos due similar time to me woohoo........BTW you are defo pregnant!!! I did the cheapo tests from homebargains (89p for 3 sticks) and they all showed nice pink positive then splashed out on a plastic stick at £1.29 lol and same again! As for the docs, it was the same as everyone else they take your word for it! Think its madness but there you go.I'm due on 4th Dec though the calculators on all the baby sites say the 2nd? Oh well will find out for sure at my scan.
I've told my C and she is happy for me to continue and then when you go to see the midwife you have to declare it and as long as things are going ok i think they and the C have to sign some form every wk so they can monitor your weight? Unfortunately you get no extra A's n B's lol! Though i think i will have another extra A for calcium!

Oh eck! The nausea has set in lol...........weird feeling!!!! I can still eat though pmsl in fact tea never touched the sides! On nights now for 3, will see how i get on with those as been really tired, my manager said i can come off them if it gets too much bless him!He's very supportive!

Thank you!!! And yay! A bumpbuddie :D I hope all is ok and my tests are right! I can't believe docs don't test...i wonder why!? Where you trying for a baby or was is a nice accident? We are only 3ish weeks apart :D Hopefully we can share experiences & help each other out (although i know absolutley nothing! haha)

Glad your C was happy for you to carry on, i will talk to mine sometime as she is lovely and will advise me in the best way to go about things....I was wondering if you get any extra A's or B's I really hope i manage to keep my weight down during this pregnancy...i still have a lot to lose! :eek: I like your calcium excuse *cough* i mean idea hehe I loooove cheese :D

My nausea set in yesterday! It's horrible...just waves of queezyness! Yuk! I only work early mornings for a couple of hours and thought i was going to have a panic attack at work today! I have always paniced about being sick in public! I hope this never happens!
That's so nice of your boss :) When did you tell him? I hope you manage to do you night shifts- i know what you mean about being tired...i feel cream crackered!

Not sure when i will tell work but if i carry on feeling yukky i might have to!

Sooo happy for you!!! i test in a couple of days! i hope it happens quick for me too!!! will keep you informed!!

Fingers crossed squiggy!! I hope you get happy news :) Deffo keep us informed x

Back