Pregnancy and Slimming World

Ooooo 1 day apart in the midwife app, mine is at 10.15 too! Good luck to us :D We're exactly 2 weeks apart aswell!

You'll have to let me know that day how you got on!?

I've had a mixture of symptoms each day- i've not felt too nauseous apart from one day. I'm just mainly tired & my boobs are ridiculously tender & sore! They feel massive too *humph*

I think i over did it yesterday- we moved the living room furniture around and now my back feels like someones punched it! Knackered too haha....that'll teach me for thinking oooo lets move the sofa...then the draws...then the tv.... then the whole room! That'll be a good idea! :rolleyes:

Yay for you getting the whole day off! :D

Bounty pack is a pack of vouchers, freebie samples and a wee pregnancy book.

Blood tests depends what you agree to. They'll usually test for Rubella, Syphilis, HIV, Iron reserve, haemoglobin, Hepatitis B, blood type, Iron reserve, White cell count and Thalessemia (but I think this is only if you are black). You don't have to agree to all the blood tests.

If you are under 25 they will test for Chlamydia.

Ahh ok thanks for clearing that up! May as well test for everything- nice to know what's floating about in my blood :)

I wonder why they only test under 25's for Chlamydia :confused:

Maybe it's just in Scotland as our Cervical screening starts at 20, and is repeated every 3 years, so anything would be picked up then?

Could be- i might have to get my investigating feet on :)

I'm not sure when screening starts in England- I've only had one & i'm 32 *slapswrists* I do constantly get letters though & a few years ago they said they wouldn't give me the pill unless i had a smear (oh is screening the same as a smear test? Urgggh i'm so clueless in women's health!)

Prozac and Sertaline are the two best AD's for mood difficulties whilst pregnant

You should a;ways get tested for a smear test, so important to make sure your ok, you don't want to be like Jade Goody in a box six feet under!!!

Ooooo i just checked the home phone messages (which i never do!) and i think i have my first midwife appointment - 4th May :D I have to go the main doctors surgery (Not my normal one which is a small surgery)
She didn't actually say she was a midwife but it sounded like that's what it was for hehe- she said it's a check in appointment so it will take an hour.

Could anyone let me know what happens at your first appointment so i know what to expect? I'll be 7+3 by then, is that the normal time to see the midwife?
Sorry about the questions- i'm all new to this :D

Also is anyone taking Anti depressants? I know Bunny is but just wondered if anyone was/is taking prozac? I was taking it up until 3-4 months ago & stopped...i'm starting to dip back down again in my moods & wondering whether i should catch it on the way down with prozac (obviously ask the doc first) or try & ride out the depression?

That's good to know Bunny, thanks! Maybe i'll pop to the docs & just have a chat :hug99:

I know i should, i get an earbashing from my friends and family all the time- I just get so embarrassed, i think all that will disappear after having a baby! :roofles: Then i'll have no shame!

Hiya I've just come back from mothercare and they are doing deals on baby bedding. Some of it is 50% off, buy one get the 2nd half price and I've got two blankets for for the price of one.

Also if anyone is on a tight budget, i highly recommend ASDA clothes. They are the same quality as next/mothercare but so much cheaper.

I love a bargin lol

That's good to know Bunny, thanks! Maybe i'll pop to the docs & just have a chat :hug99:

I know i should, i get an earbashing from my friends and family all the time- I just get so embarrassed, i think all that will disappear after having a baby! :roofles: Then i'll have no shame!

Hope you can get some help, no shame in having a helping hand - tablets have made a hugh difference, I would not get out of bed otherwise!

Checky - gotta love a bit of cheap thrills ;)

Ah well, looks like that's the "good" bit of the pregnancy over. Past 2 days feels like I've been hit by a train again with the tiredness. I'm struggling to stay awake past 9:30. It feels like the tiredness in the first trimester.

I really shouldn't complain given how trouble free this pregnancy's been thus far, but Jeezo, went to visit friends and almost fell asleep after Dr Who.

Couldn't be bothered making dinner, so hubby popped to chippy for a roll and chips and I've struggled to get that down, should have just stuck to a yoghurt and some fruit tbh.

Off to bed, see you in the morning.

I was having really bad intrusive thoughts last night about worries of baby (due to my ocd) so listened to the heartbeat 10 mins ago and it feels so reasurraing to knowing it is still strong and sounding like a train coming through :)

Hi everyone! How are you all today? Bunny! That's so exciting you can hear your baby's heartbeat so strong :) is that using a doppler?

I came here to vent.....i hope you don't mind

Good news is that i have my scan date- 15th June (i'll be 13w+3) Bad news is how i got the letter....
My mum phoned me earlier saying a note came through their door today from one of their friends who bought their house 6/7 years ago. It said on it 'sorry it's been opened, the name was obscured so i opened it- sorry! x' It was my scan app letter!

I've not lived there for 6 or 7 years!!! I've lived in 5 places since then. When i went to the doctor he checked my address which had the wrong flat number but the house number was right, so i asked at reception to change it so my letter would get to me!!!! They are flipping idiots!!! I'm so lucky that the woman who brought it round is a friend of my mum's and she's also a nurse so i know she will keep it secret (also mum rang her just to say thank you & to make sure she wouldn't say anything)

I am actually fuming because this is a really important thing to get right & i made sure they had my right address & they didn't even use the old one they used the 5x old one!!!

I should be happy & excited that i have my first scan but it's been overshadowed by grump!!

Sorry for having a rant...i just needed to get it out!

That's a bit poor isn't it? I should have a word...

Though saying that, I've had letters that have been sent by the hospital rather than the GP sent to an old address, sometimes they still have the old one even though your GP has the new one...

I went to bingo today (I know rock n roll) and girl behind counter looks at me and says
"You about to drop?"
"Me? No I have another 3 months to go"
"Whit? 3 months?"
"Yes 13 weeks"
she turns to her co-worker and says "She's bigger than me isn't she?"
"How long do you have to go?"
"8 weeks"

Now, am I being overly sensitive here or sdo I have a really bg bump for 27 weeks? People keep asking me "are you sure of your dates?" "Just one in there" and "You must be about to pop?" followed by my personal favourite "That must be a BIIIIIIIG baby" holding thier hands out to "big baby" distance.

I'm beginning to get a bit paranoid now, am I really that huge :'(.

I used to hate comments like this! People should mind their own. Nobody wants to be told how huge they are, pregnant or not!

FWIW, I always got offended at these comments in the kind of 2nd trimester/ early 3rd trimester period, but by the late 3rd trimester for some reason I couldn't care less, I WAS huge and it was obvious!!!!

I think you are still adjusting to "looking" pregnant in the 20 something weeks, so it is annoying when poeple make a big deal of it!

lexi the amount of comments i had like that during first tri, constant 'are you sure theres only one' ..'god your showing very early' ...'gosh getting big hey fern' ... now its all ' your bump looks normal now' ..'your bumps not grown much has it?'

cant win! ignore them lex. every one carries differently and i personally LOVE you bump, your all baby and its beautiful!

Grumble - I am sorry that your letter went to the wrong address. I would write a letter of complaint so that it the mistake is noted and then you can look forward to your scan.

Lexie - Your bump doesnt look massive, you look lovely and your all bump. I really dont know why people seem to think its ok to comment on our bump good or bad.

If its any consolation, I get constant remarks how small I am whether they are good or bad. People just dont seem to know when to keep stum.

What bugs me is that this time around I have found more people seem to be inclined to touch my bump! I think cant you ask? It seems cos Ive been pregnant before this time its ok to touch me!

Cheeky - reading your post made me think of the last comment I made to you "You're so neat", seems I'm equally guilty of bump comments. I apologise, I didn't mean you were too small or not big enough, just that looked really trim if that makes sense?

Lexie_dog said:
Cheeky - reading your post made me think of the last comment I made to you "You're so neat", seems I'm equally guilty of bump comments. I apologise, I didn't mean you were too small or not big enough, just that looked really trim if that makes sense?

Hi Lexie, I didn't mean you guys lol so don't apologies lol I was trying to make you feel better hun lol I don't mind you guys commenting, we're all in the same boat. I was talking about strangers x

Back