Pregnancy and Slimming World

BritMumInCanada said:
Hey everyone,

How we all doing?

The nesting stage has kicked in over the last few days, my house is now completely spotless haha.

Got the inlaws arriving tomorrow from England and am booked in for my section on Thursday - EEEEK.

Weighed myself this morning and total weight gain in pregnancy is 16.5lbs. So will be interesting to see what I weigh after baby is born and how far I then have to go until goal. I am looking forward to the extra healthy extras that come with breastfeeding, it should be a doddle. lol

Good luck on your c-section and very well done for keeping your weight down.

Hi ladies,

Hope you are feeling ok today.
I am hating being back in work today after being off since the 15th... needed at least an extra 2 hours in bed!!

Got a question for those of you a bit further along...
I am planning a 3 night camping trip in July. It's not to a camp-site as such, but to a VW camper festival in the grounds of a castle.
We went last year, facilities are ok - toilets consist of porta-loos, but there are stand alone showers (5 min walk away), and as it's a festival there are lots of food and drink stalls as well as shopping stalls etc...
It's not loud and dirty like a music festival - it's very family orientated so I'm not worried about noise and overly rowdy people or anything.

I'm going to be 30 weeks when we go.
Now at the moment I'm assuming I'm going to be ok. But I'm starting to get more and more concerned, mainly about firstly getting comfy generally, and secondly about getting up and down out of bed (we'll be sleeping on an airbed in a tent).
Luckily it's fairly local to us - less than an hour away, so the reassurance is that at least if one night is too much I can go home...

What do you all think? Am I fooling myself in thinking I can do camping at 30 weeks... ?

I'm almost 28 weeks and to be honest I'd happily go camping, I'd get up eventually from the airbed, the main thing that would kill me at this stage would be the heat. I walked 3.6miles on Sunday bingo - Asda and I've just walked back from my midwife gestational diabetes test today about 2.8 miles.

I would recommend a maternity pillow, it's a big long one about 5 foot, that you can fold up, and use to support your bump and between legs whilst in bed, but you could also use it as a normal pillow. I got mines from Ebay and about £20 it's been worth every penny.

See how you feel, I don't think being 30 weeks pregnant should automatically rule it out, but see how you feel nearer the time with heat.

Thanks both. I've been fine with heat so far... but that's not to say I won't feel like that later. I really hope I go, and enjoy, and I've read on a couple of forums women saying that air beds were actually comfier than their own beds!!
My hubby has been talking about getting me one of those maternity pillows, I don't feel I need it yet (the pillow between the knees seems to do the trick ok for now) but it may be something I consider for then... also we're on the hunt for a comfy, higher camping chair which will be easier for me to get in and out of...

Britmum, good luck for Thursday!! so freaking excited for you!!

.. my love for veg and fruit is being equalised with chocolate and crisps again. . i suppose atleast im still eating well partly and not all crap. must try and reign it in a bit more tho.

my holiday is in 20 days OMG!! lol.. but im nervous about flying now big time.

lexi, i cry ALL the time atm. . i even cried watching desperate housewives over a completley rediculous scene!! LOL

x

Blood results are back, they just phoned me 4 hours after I left the hospital and I don't have gestational diabetes. So that's really good news. Now off to get flat ready for viewer.

Yet another viewer who didn't show. Getting fed up with this now.

no way? whats wrong with people!? grrr. sorry lex.

today i had porrige for breaky, a wholemeal sandwich using 1 laughing cow and some cucumber, 2 carrots to snack on and a muller light followed by a fruit salad.. melon, pear, grapes, strawbs, grapefruit and kiwi..

tea was stiry fry with wholemeal noodles (pak choi, beansprouts, sweetcorn, peppers, onions, red and white cabbage) and a handful of cashew nuts.

.. followed by an entire bag of sensations, yes the big ones. 3 malteaser bunnies, a flapjack and an ice lolly.. hangs head in shame.. how does it go so wrong so quick!

Hi ladies n bumpsies

Just a quick one. I do sw from home n thought would I have to stop as I don't go to group?

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Leeanne910 said:
Hi ladies n bumpsies

Just a quick one. I do sw from home n thought would I have to stop as I don't go to group?

Hiya, I've never been to a class and done the plan at home the whole time of my pregnancy.

I just make sure that I am sensible, follow the plan properly and if I have a concern with my weight gain I speak to my MD.

I've found that my MD is more concerned that I eat properly, baby is moving regularly and I measure right. My weight is never discussed unless I raise it.

If you go to group you have to get a form signed by your midwife, but if you're doing it at home then they won't know you're pregnant so you can still carry on if you want i guess. If you are concerned then chat with your midwife.x

Hi girls, we are in the trying stage at the moment. Period is due next week, hopefully it wont arrive!

Can i ask what plan you pregnant ladies follow, at the moment im doing red days with one or two green days a week. When im pregnant should i do extra easy or more green days?

mia_angel said:
Hi girls, we are in the trying stage at the moment. Period is due next week, hopefully it wont arrive!

Can i ask what plan you pregnant ladies follow, at the moment im doing red days with one or two green days a week. When im pregnant should i do extra easy or more green days?

Hiya I do EE or G but that's more down to the meals suiting my family than being pregnant.

Good luck with all the fun of trying x

I do EE just due to laziness and liking a good porting on tatties with my meat !

Thanks girls i wasnt sure if it would be more healthy to have more green days when pregnant...i assume you still have the same syns and healthy extras.

Im not sure my doctor will allow me to follow SW, i did ask her and she said i shouldnt be loosing weight when pregnant.

So basicly as long as I eat healthy that's all that matters!

Well tomorrow morning I'm doing a test! From doin my bbt chart I think I kno when I could have ovulated and I see another temp shift which could indicate preg.

No idea when period is due :/ so I'm just gonna test every so often until I have a cycle.

Who knows tomorrow morning I might be sharing good news although I'm so nervous even tho it's planned!!!!

Good luck Leeane, you'll be fine i didn't feel like i expected lol

Lexidog ...... lol at your outburst cos i can imagine me being exactly the same! My moods are really odd atm n its only gonna get worse! Never mind poor OH's lol poor us! You seem to be having more than your fair share of rude people this wk! I would never not turn up for any kind of appointment especially a house viewing! RUDE!

Fernxx roflmao at the munchie situation your not alone bet we've all been doing it .....i know i have even though i plan all my meals i've been eating loads of choc(Easter to blame) loads of my mums wedding cake(mother to blame) and loads of harribo( boss to blame) but you should see my food diary pmsl i've syned the low stuff ie velvet crunch n rhubarb but not all the above crap! Mental! Think i've got my i'm pregnant i don't care head on! lol

Britmum....ooo so excited for you not long now wish you all the best x

Hope everyone is ok.....i'm on 2nd of 3 night shifts lucky me NOT!!! xx

Back