Pregnancy and Slimming World

Thx jojo :)

Dunno why I'm nervous lol I have a 4yr old! nd he wasn't planned....

This time we are planning well ya know.... Intentionaly doin it naughty ;) lol so god knows why I am nervous!!

I guess I have no idea how to let him kno as he wants me to tell him face to face if I ever find out I am preg... So I test in secret n never tell him until the day i get a positive lol

Scary

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

no way? whats wrong with people!? grrr. sorry lex.

today i had porrige for breaky, a wholemeal sandwich using 1 laughing cow and some cucumber, 2 carrots to snack on and a muller light followed by a fruit salad.. melon, pear, grapes, strawbs, grapefruit and kiwi..

tea was stiry fry with wholemeal noodles (pak choi, beansprouts, sweetcorn, peppers, onions, red and white cabbage) and a handful of cashew nuts.

.. followed by an entire bag of sensations, yes the big ones. 3 malteaser bunnies, a flapjack and an ice lolly.. hangs head in shame.. how does it go so wrong so quick!

Nurse at Gestational diabetes test gave me ham on wholemeal bread sandwich. I had a 450g fruit salad. So far so good. Walked 2.8 miles home past a Gregg's. I polished off a choc fudge doughnut from Gregg's. Brilliant. And about 500ml of ice cold semi skimmed milk. Then 4 fritters from the chippy. Then a portion of fries, a sweetcorn and a popcorn chicken from KFC. I join you in the head hanging of shame. I still want more milk. I know we have 4l in the fridge and trying hard not to go and drink it ALL.

Regards viewers that's the second one that's not turned up, estate agent phoned this one and asked him what's going on "Oh I can't guarantee I'll make it" "Its too short notice now" followed by "Well I know the address now so I'll just turn up whenever". First HE made the appointment like 3 days ago so how on earth that's too short notice is beyond me and "just turn up?" Aye. Like that's going to go down well. Sounds like a nutter.

Mia I was told not to try to lose weight when pregnant as if you don't put on enough weight when pregnant you increase chances of having a very small baby full term, i.e. under 5.5lbs

You can gain less than the standard 2 - 2.5 stone if you are overweight to start with though.

By 18 weeks I'd only gained 2lbs. By this week (28) I seem to be up 16lbs now in total but I'm not bothered, it'll come off soon enough.

OMG only 12 weeks to go. Argh! Excited!

mia_angel said:
Thanks girls i wasnt sure if it would be more healthy to have more green days when pregnant...i assume you still have the same syns and healthy extras.

Im not sure my doctor will allow me to follow SW, i did ask her and she said i shouldnt be loosing weight when pregnant.

Hiya like Lexie said you shouldn't really lose weight whilst pg unless you're overweight.

Following SW has helped keep my weight gain down and I have not lost any weight whilst pregnant.

I think if you want to follow SW, you need to explain to your Doc your not trying to lose weight just aiming to keep the gain a reasonable amount

Hiya like Lexie said you shouldn't really lose weight whilst pg unless you're overweight.

Following SW has helped keep my weight gain down and I have not lost any weight whilst pregnant.

I think if you want to follow SW, you need to explain to your Doc your not trying to lose weight just aiming to keep the gain a reasonable amount

Hi Cheeky, i am still overweight which is why i would like to steadily keep loosing the weight. Will have to wait until the time comes and speak to the again.

You know what its like these days they class you as obese even if you are a few pounds overweight :eek:

Negative

But I'm cool with it as I don't want next one to have same birthday as my little boy lol

Bk to it!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

mia_angel said:
Hi Cheeky, i am still overweight which is why i would like to steadily keep loosing the weight. Will have to wait until the time comes and speak to the again.

You know what its like these days they class you as obese even if you are a few pounds overweight :eek:

Hiya I know what you mean. My starting weight was 12st 2lb which classed me as overweight (not sure how I'm a size 12/14 lol) I walked in the door at my MW appointment and she took one look at me and went you're not overweight lol

Im 34weeks and I've only gained 8-10lbs, so even if you don't get the go ahead to lose weight just work on keeping your weight down.

Good luck x

How are you all today?

My little one is definitely running out of space, all she keeps doing is knocking against my ribs lol and making me double over.

I held my friends baby at the weekend (she was 6wks ahead of me) and it hit me there is a tiny baby in my tummy and I'm soon gonna meet her!

I had forgotten how small babies are when they are born lol. Gave me a reality check.

How is everyone today?
Leanne - at least you've got more time to have lots of fun trying!!

Well my new symptom of the day - swollen ankles! In a "hmmm where have my ankles gone" kinda way!!
Oh well there goes my dream of looking half decent all summer in floaty dresses and sandals!!

I.m SO. hungry.

I want potatoes and cheese and tuna and onions and tomatoes and grapes and lasange and... basically anything. Everything.

I'm like a bottomless pit today and it's really hard to keep a lid on it.

Am debating having MORE beans on toast despite having had 2 slices of wholemeal, 1/2 tin beans and 52g of cheese at 5pm. It was brilliant. I'd have licked the plate if it wasn't so minging.

Then I saw an advert for curry for £1 - chickpea and spinach and I want that (didn't have it)

Am debating just going for it tonight eating myself silly and rationalising that today was a hungry day and I'll be good until next friday and cut myself some slack then.

FEEEEEEEEED ME!

Cheeky- It's so soon :D Better you're super excited!

Sarah- You could try Aloe vera gel (I think it's ok for pregnant women) It's ment to really soothe swollen ankles :)

Lexie- I think if you are genuinely hungry & craving healthy food (which it looks like you are :D) Go for it! You obviously need it.

I went to the doctors today to ask if i can go back onto anti depressants- he said he wasn't happy to prescribe them for me so he's referred me to the psychiatrist to be assessed. He was very lovely and has signed me off work for a while as i am not coping at all I am a quivering wreck if i have to go out :(

Cheeky- It's so soon :D Better you're super excited!

Sarah- You could try Aloe vera gel (I think it's ok for pregnant women) It's ment to really soothe swollen ankles :)

Lexie- I think if you are genuinely hungry & craving healthy food (which it looks like you are :D) Go for it! You obviously need it.

I went to the doctors today to ask if i can go back onto anti depressants- he said he wasn't happy to prescribe them for me so he's referred me to the psychiatrist to be assessed. He was very lovely and has signed me off work for a while as i am not coping at all I am a quivering wreck if i have to go out :(

Oh I'm craving unhealthy stuff too. Its literally HUNGER I want to eat everything. Even the dog's looking a bit scared.

It's good the GP has referred you on and done somethign in the meantime, even if its not the prescription. Hopefully your referral should come through soon, I know my midwife queried if I would like a ref through to the prenatal Mental Health team as I've had issues in the past. I declined as I feel fine, but said I would keep it in mind, she said the turnaround between ref and being seen is really quick, so hopefully that will happen for you. Assuming of course they send to the correct address.

Sarah floaty dresses, sandals and light support tights for you!

I sympathise Sarah, I thought I had escaped the cankles, but they hit me suddenly at the end. Luckily I weed and sweated like it as going out of fashion as soon as I'd had dd and they went down straightaway! Sorry you've still got a way to go, drink plenty of water so you body doesn't hang onto it, don't have too much salt and put your feet up (good excuse!). x

I've escaped them so far, but with the really warm weather coming up, I have no doubt I'll get them then.

Hmmm I think they'll have to get a lot worse before I resort to support tights!!;)

I'm thinking perhaps I didn't drink enough yesterday as I was on cups of water rather than bottles at work so it's harder to guague. Got a 500ml bottle today and drunk the first one in an hour, so I think I should get my 2 litres today!!

Grumble - thanks for the aloe vera suggestion - I think I'll give that a try if they give me jip.
Hope you get your appointment through soon

Lexie - on a hungry day I say eat! Everyday seems to be like that for me at the moment, I'm just trying to stick to healthier choices rather than going crazy on naughty stuff.

Sarak the support tights are in the "normal" tights section at Asda, they are light support, sheer in colour and I wore them all the time on placement. Not the horrendous big granny numbers with zips going up them or anything, like the big thick opaque ones.

Have a wee gander at them and see what you think.

Thanks Lexie but TBH I'm not really a tights fan generally - I find them really uncomfy (which is the main reason why any skirts or dresses are confined to summer only for me!) - so I tend to go for hold ups if anything, and they annoy me too!!
Haha not easy to please me!!

Thanks Lexie but TBH I'm not really a tights fan generally - I find them really uncomfy (which is the main reason why any skirts or dresses are confined to summer only for me!) - so I tend to go for hold ups if anything, and they annoy me too!!
Haha not easy to please me!!

Ah well, I did try!

Cheesey beanos on wholemeal for me this morning.

Back