Pregnancy and Slimming World

Congrats honey! its hard when your OH is away isnt it, and the shock might not subside for a while so bear with it. . i was so desperate to get pregnant, really.. really wanted to be a mummy.. then when i got my BFP i was so unbeliveably shocked.. my mind was racing and i spent 4 days on and off crying- one minute i was ecstatic, the next i couldnt make my mind up... and even when i saw my baby for an emergancy scan at 6 weeks, a little tiny heart beat was all it was.. the sonographer kept saying 'theres YOUR baby' .. but it felt like i was looking at someone elses baby. it didnt feel real.. then i had i another scan at 10+4 and this time it looked like a proper baby.. but even in the scan itself i couldnt get my head around it, and my OH had missed it as it was another emergancy one.. i had to go home and look at it for a few days before it began to make sense. it felt like it was all happening to someone else.. infact even now some days i sit back and think, wow. That baby is inside ME.

You will ajust but it does take time. dont feel guilty for not feeling what others expect you to feel like! pregnancy brings so many worries and fears!

you can continue with sw, however try not to be too set in your mind about loosing weight, i was at target when i fell preg and determined not to gain more than 2st. That ship has sailed and iv got another 16 weeks to go yet. When the sickness and the tiredness kicks in, remember to do whats best for you.. dont add to the stress so if you find it slipping a little, you always have time to pull it back.

lots of love to you x

aislingb said:
hello ladies.. can i join please. ive just found out im pregnant (monday) and im petrified. im 6 weeks gone and due on the 19th december. my husband is still away until next wednesday so its hard not having him here im feeling very sick, emotional and lonely :(
Im not sure how im feeling yet people are expecting me to be ecstatic but im not there yet ive only known 3 days and im still in shock.
Ive lost 2 st 6.5 lbs with sw and im determined to stick to plan and not let all my hard work go to waste im hoping i can lose another stone anyway whether or not thats realistic or not i have no idea.
any advice girls im seriously clueless about any pregnancy related stuff xxx xxx

Awww congratulations! Any questions just throw it out, someone will be able to help you out x

for boys i think leo is nice, and im loving bauer! i like manly names so they hopefully wont get the mick taken out of them when theyr teenagers;) xxx

Ladies Im sure your all gonna think Im mad but I WANTED to gain weight this week lol

Last week I gained 2lb which I was pleased abt as I hadn't gained in months then I've had my WI and I've only gone and lost 1lb lol

I had 5 days of being completely off plan and two days yet I get a loss lol

I know I'm lucky and that 8.5lb gain at 34 weeks is great, but how frustrating when I'm trying to gain.

I must seriously have a very fast metabolism. Ok very odd rant over.

Please tell me if I'm bonkers hahaha x x

Congrats honey! its hard when your OH is away isnt it, and the shock might not subside for a while so bear with it. . i was so desperate to get pregnant, really.. really wanted to be a mummy.. then when i got my BFP i was so unbeliveably shocked.. my mind was racing and i spent 4 days on and off crying- one minute i was ecstatic, the next i couldnt make my mind up... and even when i saw my baby for an emergancy scan at 6 weeks, a little tiny heart beat was all it was.. the sonographer kept saying 'theres YOUR baby' .. but it felt like i was looking at someone elses baby. it didnt feel real.. then i had i another scan at 10+4 and this time it looked like a proper baby.. but even in the scan itself i couldnt get my head around it, and my OH had missed it as it was another emergancy one.. i had to go home and look at it for a few days before it began to make sense. it felt like it was all happening to someone else.. infact even now some days i sit back and think, wow. That baby is inside ME.

You will ajust but it does take time. dont feel guilty for not feeling what others expect you to feel like! pregnancy brings so many worries and fears!

you can continue with sw, however try not to be too set in your mind about loosing weight, i was at target when i fell preg and determined not to gain more than 2st. That ship has sailed and iv got another 16 weeks to go yet. When the sickness and the tiredness kicks in, remember to do whats best for you.. dont add to the stress so if you find it slipping a little, you always have time to pull it back.

lots of love to you x

awww thanks hun. your post made me cry haha thats the start of it :p im trying to force myself to be happy but i think im still in shock. im lucky i have an amazing husband and he's so happy he cant wait for the baby to be born. im surprised i wasnt sent for a scan i was bleeding for 2 days but its stopped i have a letter for the hospital if i need to go but otherwise ill be going back to the doctor in 2 weeks.
i know im not the first woman to get pregnant but its so overwhelming my life is going to completely change its just so scary!!

cheeky im so jelous, i want to slap you with a wet fish. :D
Only joking! i think i'd proberly be wanting a few lbs on at 34 weeks if i were in your position too. im certain your baby is happy and healthy though! xx

aisling, dont worry too much about your little bleed. i also bled at 10 wks a little hence the emergancy scans, and my 6 week one was because i was so poorly they thought it was epotopic, spent xmas in hospital!.. its all a bit of a scare though isnt it. ((hugs))

dont try and force yourself to 'accept' your pregnancy tho, youl feel a little detached from whats going on for a while, then all of a sudden youl wake up and realise youv been pregnant for like 16 odd weeks and it all seems so normal.

you may not be the first woman but its first time for you, so questions will come flooding im sure! LOL

cheeky im so jelous, i want to slap you with a wet fish. :D
Only joking! i think i'd proberly be wanting a few lbs on at 34 weeks if i were in your position too. im certain your baby is happy and healthy though! xx

aisling, dont worry too much about your little bleed. i also bled at 10 wks a little hence the emergancy scans, and my 6 week one was because i was so poorly they thought it was epotopic, spent xmas in hospital!.. its all a bit of a scare though isnt it. ((hugs))

dont try and force yourself to 'accept' your pregnancy tho, youl feel a little detached from whats going on for a while, then all of a sudden youl wake up and realise youv been pregnant for like 16 odd weeks and it all seems so normal.

you may not be the first woman but its first time for you, so questions will come flooding im sure! LOL

thanks hun your a star :) x

Fern - A wet fish, might knock some sense onto this bonkers woman

Aisling - its so exciting but also scary, this is my second time around and I still get the jitters sometimes. It does take sometime to get used to being pregnant. Just try and relax and enjoy the thought you have a little one growing inside of you xx x

hello ladies.. can i join please. ive just found out im pregnant (monday) and im petrified. im 6 weeks gone and due on the 19th december. my husband is still away until next wednesday so its hard not having him here im feeling very sick, emotional and lonely :(
Im not sure how im feeling yet people are expecting me to be ecstatic but im not there yet ive only known 3 days and im still in shock.
Ive lost 2 st 6.5 lbs with sw and im determined to stick to plan and not let all my hard work go to waste im hoping i can lose another stone anyway whether or not thats realistic or not i have no idea.
any advice girls im seriously clueless about any pregnancy related stuff xxx xxx

Hi Aisling :) Congratulation petal. You're due a day after me :hug99: I'm sorry you are finding things so tough. Can a friend or family member come and stay with you while your OH is away?

I'm with you about people expecting you to be ecstatic! I think everyone who knows is 10x's more excited than i am- it just hasn't sunk in yet- But i've been assured by women who are further along it soon sinks in when you have your first scan, so fingers crossed for then for the both of us :) At the moment i'm also scared loney & very nauseous! I always find when i'm feeling sick it brings my mood down so maybe for the both of us when m.s goes things will perk up more?

Well done for losing 2st 6.5lbs! That's fab :D From looking on this thread it is deffo possible to stick to plan early on....although don't beat yourself up if you vear off course a little! I'm finding it difficult eating properly atm because i feel so sick. I'm more or less just eating brown toast and marmite!!!

Fern - A wet fish, might knock some sense onto this bonkers woman

Aisling - its so exciting but also scary, this is my second time around and I still get the jitters sometimes. It does take sometime to get used to being pregnant. Just try and relax and enjoy the thought you have a little one growing inside of you xx x

yeah true only found out 3 days ago probably need to be more patient. think ill fell better when my husband is home :)
thanks xxx

Hi Aisling :) Congratulation petal. You're due a day after me :hug99: I'm sorry you are finding things so tough. Can a friend or family member come and stay with you while your OH is away?

I'm with you about people expecting you to be ecstatic! I think everyone who knows is 10x's more excited than i am- it just hasn't sunk in yet- But i've been assured by women who are further along it soon sinks in when you have your first scan, so fingers crossed for then for the both of us :) At the moment i'm also scared loney & very nauseous! I always find when i'm feeling sick it brings my mood down so maybe for the both of us when m.s goes things will perk up more?

Well done for losing 2st 6.5lbs! That's fab :D From looking on this thread it is deffo possible to stick to plan early on....although don't beat yourself up if you vear off course a little! I'm finding it difficult eating properly atm because i feel so sick. I'm more or less just eating brown toast and marmite!!!

oh really christmas babies..awww. :) my mam is coming to stay with me at the weekend to be honest i only wanted my husband. one of my close friends has been with me alot she's been great!

looks like we're feeling the same then i have horrible nausea too its horrible im feeling very sorry for myself :p i cant see myself getting used to it for a while to be honest maybe when i have a scan. who knows but its happening and ill have to get used to it!
i have loads of fruit and veg here but i cant face any of it at the moment
oh well xxx xxx

Will it also give me a 2lb weight gain aswell? Lol

Depends if Fern can find a 2lb fish

Aisling - congratulations. It's a huge life change and although I was thrilled part of me kept thinking "Oh what have we DONE?!?"

I still had that mad "Is it really mine?" feeling wven when I saw the 12 week scan and it was this wee real baby. I think it's only sinking in now, and I still get jittery as does husband.

The excitment stage will come so don't try to force yourself at the moment.

Folic acid if you've not started taking it too!!

Depends if Fern can find a 2lb fish

Aisling - congratulations. It's a huge life change and although I was thrilled part of me kept thinking "Oh what have we DONE?!?"

I still had that mad "Is it really mine?" feeling wven when I saw the 12 week scan and it was this wee real baby. I think it's only sinking in now, and I still get jittery as does husband.

The excitment stage will come so don't try to force yourself at the moment.

Folic acid if you've not started taking it too!!

aww thanks :) nice to know im not the only one feeling like this! im sure ill be fine eventually!
oh yeah folic acid ill be getting it tomorrow, thanks i forgot today need to start taking it asap xxx

oh really christmas babies..awww. :) my mam is coming to stay with me at the weekend to be honest i only wanted my husband. one of my close friends has been with me alot she's been great!

looks like we're feeling the same then i have horrible nausea too its horrible im feeling very sorry for myself :p i cant see myself getting used to it for a while to be honest maybe when i have a scan. who knows but its happening and ill have to get used to it!
i have loads of fruit and veg here but i cant face any of it at the moment
oh well xxx xxx

Honestly you sound just like how i'm feeling! I'm glad your mum is coming to stay & your close friend is there for you :) Your OH will soon be there. You may feel tonnes better when he comes back! :hug99:

I've been feeling sorry for myself too- not even got dressed today cause i'm feeling ****! Hope tomorrow is better :)

I too can't face fruit & veg, well mainly fruit- just the thought of it makes me go bleuggh! Toast all the way for me!

To be honest it's only been 3 days that you've known missey & you've been on your own. It's still so early, i'm sure next week when your OH is back and it's sunk in a bit you'll be super excited :)

Take care my lovely and look after yourself :) x

I am going to kill my husband if he doesn't top snoring. Seriously. Been trying to get back to sleep for a hour after his stupid snoring woke me up at 3:30...

NOW. I'm up next door, grumpy, tired. NOT A FLIPPIN SOUND from the bedroom.

ARRRRRRRGH!

Back