Pregnancy and Slimming World

If you are pregnant you will need to build up the hcg hormone in your urine to show a positive on the test. That's why most people say test first thing in the morning, but if you can't wait leave at least 3 hours (most places say 4hours)

Just found this...

How does a home pregnancy test (HPT) actually function?
That's an easy one! An HPT works by detecting a special hormone that is released by a developing embryo shortly after pregnancy takes place. This hormone - called hCG - makes its way from the placenta surrounding your developing baby and into the bloodstream of the mother. Once in the blood, hCG also makes its way into the urine of a woman - and therefore an HPT functions by detecting this hormone in urine. All you need to do is pee on a stick (or in a cup, depending on the style of the kit) and if the hCG hormone is at high enough levels, you will see a positive result!

tips to makes sure that I am getting the most accurate and earliest results?

Another good pregnancy test question! And the answer is yes: To get the earliest, most accurate result, you should collect a urine sample in the morning. This is called FMU (first morning urine) and it will have the greatest amount of the hormone we talked about above - hCG. If for some reason you cannot test in the morning, then you should hold your urine for at least three or four hours before taking a test. In addition, do not flush your body with liquids or drink a lot of water, etc, before testing. This can dilute the hormone in your urine and you may end up seeing a negative result when you are actually pregnant. In short, we recommend: FMU, don't flush body with liquids, or hold your urine to get the earliest possible preg test result!

hCG Urine Home Pregnancy Tests - Find out at home if you've conceived a baby!

thank u ur a wee star.. think i wil wait until 2mro morning and test then.. jus done one as i couldnt wait lol but was neg so will try wit my FMU 2mro xx

Hi ladies! I was wondering if any mums out there could give me some advice. My little one's been having (TMI!!!) runny green poos the past week or so. Not every single one, just the odd one. She's exclusively breastfed and I know breastfed babies have runny poos anyway. The thing is her usual poo looks kind of mustard yellow with cottage cheesy bits (TMI again sorry! lol) but sometimes she's have a runny green nappy with no bits at all. She's otherwise healthy and cherrful and well. Over a stone now at 13 weeks... What could be the cause of this? I spoke to my health visitor and she said to cut back on veg (??!!!!) just when I decide to really face SW properly I'm told to cut down on veg! Ack! I'd be grateful to hear any advice/experience any of you may have. Thanks!

Hi everyone
Well been for my scan and all is well woohoo, am actually a wk more than i thought so now due 27thNov( it would be fantstic if baby comes then as 27th is both me and O/H birth date and will also be our wedding date)! Have gained 1lb so far which very happy and surprised about, i've not been good at all!!! Nausea seems to have gone but yesterday had a day where i just fell apart and couldn't stop crying

........1 of my cats(bengal) is upsetting me by peeing on carpet/spare bed, she's costing me a fortune, got to the point where i was ringing people to rehome her!They are all mega full atm but were all lovely offering me lots of advice, one lady even said that the cat can detect my pg hormones and is stressing her out!! pmsl she bloody stressing me out!!!!
Anyhoo got the in's and out's of having the downs tests again today and feel more confused than ever! Initially i said yes to all tests but only to prepare myself but yet there is still a chance if i'm low risk. Told them i wouldn't have the amnio anyway due to miscarry risk so now wondering if i should bother with the rest? Any thoughts on this?

xx

Honeyoc said:
Hi ladies! I was wondering if any mums out there could give me some advice. My little one's been having (TMI!!!) runny green poos the past week or so. Not every single one, just the odd one. She's exclusively breastfed and I know breastfed babies have runny poos anyway. The thing is her usual poo looks kind of mustard yellow with cottage cheesy bits (TMI again sorry! lol) but sometimes she's have a runny green nappy with no bits at all. She's otherwise healthy and cherrful and well. Over a stone now at 13 weeks... What could be the cause of this? I spoke to my health visitor and she said to cut back on veg (??!!!!) just when I decide to really face SW properly I'm told to cut down on veg! Ack! I'd be grateful to hear any advice/experience any of you may have. Thanks!

Hi Honey, mine had the exact same type of poo's at your baby's age. I've always been told that if baby/child is happy, their usual self and eating then there is usually nothing wrong. How long has the green poos been happening. If they are still coming through after a couple of days is give NHS Direct a call to see what they say x x

Hi Honey, mine had the exact same type of poo's at your baby's age. I've always been told that if baby/child is happy, their usual self and eating then there is usually nothing wrong. How long has the green poos been happening. If they are still coming through after a couple of days is give NHS Direct a call to see what they say x x

Hi Cheeky! Oh thank you so much for your reply! It's been going on for about 10 days now. It's sort of on and off. She'll have one green nappy then three normal ones and I'll think everything is fine then she'll get the odd green one again. I wasn't so worried as she has been her usual happy self but this morning she pooed all over me (I know, ew lol) and I noticed it was totally liquid (as in no cottage cheese lumpy bits at all) so I was worried it might be diarrhea? Then I got on the internet and of course it means she has a bowel infection and is DYING lol! My health visitor isn't too worried either. She suggested I cut back on veg and see if there are any changes and if not to go to the GP. Do you think I should call NHS direct to get a second opinion?

Hi everyone
Well been for my scan and all is well woohoo, am actually a wk more than i thought so now due 27thNov( it would be fantstic if baby comes then as 27th is both me and O/H birth date and will also be our wedding date)! Have gained 1lb so far which very happy and surprised about, i've not been good at all!!! Nausea seems to have gone but yesterday had a day where i just fell apart and couldn't stop crying

........1 of my cats(bengal) is upsetting me by peeing on carpet/spare bed, she's costing me a fortune, got to the point where i was ringing people to rehome her!They are all mega full atm but were all lovely offering me lots of advice, one lady even said that the cat can detect my pg hormones and is stressing her out!! pmsl she bloody stressing me out!!!!
Anyhoo got the in's and out's of having the downs tests again today and feel more confused than ever! Initially i said yes to all tests but only to prepare myself but yet there is still a chance if i'm low risk. Told them i wouldn't have the amnio anyway due to miscarry risk so now wondering if i should bother with the rest? Any thoughts on this?

xx

I got the blood tests done, (and whilst I'm not commenting on anyone's decision once they have the result of the test, its too personal for me to judge), I know people have it done to prepare themselves for the outcome so they don't get a shock once baby arrives and know what additional care, if any the baby will need.

The tests are optional, so if you'd rather not then that's totally up to you.

Re your cat - Tried a hormone plug in or collar to settle her? Should start to see a difference in 2-3 days if it'll have any effect? Worth a go, even if trying to rehome her in the interim. Should be able to get them from your vets, although mines charges a 33% mark up on a collar.

Feliway Plug In Diffuser Refill 48ml

Honeyoc said:
Hi Cheeky! Oh thank you so much for your reply! It's been going on for about 10 days now. It's sort of on and off. She'll have one green nappy then three normal ones and I'll think everything is fine then she'll get the odd green one again. I wasn't so worried as she has been her usual happy self but this morning she pooed all over me (I know, ew lol) and I noticed it was totally liquid (as in no cottage cheese lumpy bits at all) so I was worried it might be diarrhea? Then I got on the internet and of course it means she has a bowel infection and is DYING lol! My health visitor isn't too worried either. She suggested I cut back on veg and see if there are any changes and if not to go to the GP. Do you think I should call NHS direct to get a second opinion?

That's ok hun, she could have a little tummy bug or its her digestive system is still learning to digest the milk. I couldn't breast feed so I don't have experience how mum eating can impact your milk. You could try her on formula and breast milk for a few days and see if her poo's go back to normal.

If your still worried then yes give NHS Direct a call. I find that they are always good to check out symptoms without using a doc appointment x

Okay thanks, I'll give NHS direct a call. Thanks so much!

Jojo- The Feliway diffusers really work well, they are quite expensive but i find it does calm my cat down when we have one.

I feel for you with your cat weeing everywhere! My cat kept weeing by the front door on the carpet, i just couldn't stop her & it was so frustrating. I ended up pulling up the carpet & painting the floorboards (i live in rented, so not sure how my landlord will feel about this! Oooops hehe) I've heard that orange/lemon peel is good to stop them going near a spot...cats hate citrus, I got a small spray bottle and put some citrus oil (only a few drops) and filled the rest with water and sprayed it on the floor a little, it seemed to help a bit, that & sprinkling white pepper so when they sniff the floor before they pee they sneeze and it puts them off.
Also don't use cleaning products with ammonia in it- this is almost the same smell to cats a their own pee so they are attracted to the smell.

Sorry you've been feeling so down, have a huggle :) Glad the scan went well! As far as the tests go, i haven't decided yet...it's pretty confusing! x

jojogonnabeslim said:
Hi everyone

xx

I had tests with my son , got a 1 in 20 I think anyway we had the amnio was ok felt a bit odd but all was ok to be truthful the worst bit and most stressing was the waiting for the results really not worth the stress as it just puts you at risk x

Hi Honey
I breastfed my son and he used to go through a similar thing - I remember the poo's the first time my family saw them they were convinced he had a severe problem until I explained that that's the way breastfed babies pooed!
Anyway I was always told that green poo meant some sort of infection - so I would give NHS direct a ring - on the other hand if she's ok in herself I wouldn't worry unduly. I would say that it's unlikely to be something that you've eaten as you would probably find that it would be every poo that was green rather than just the odd one.
If her temps normal and she's feeding as normal try not to stress but if you think something is wrong get her seen by a doctor - take a green nappy with you if you can so they can see what you mean - sounds horrible but sometimes they need to see it to understand what you mean.
Hope that helps hun and hope that your little one keeps going really well - sounds like she's putting on weight which is always a great thing anyway.

you can get cat behavioural spray to train them to stop doing it. When I first starting seeing my OH and he was staying around my place he would a spare set of PJ's. Once when they were being hung up to dry my little madam sprayed on them and also the night after my OH stayed weed in the bed the side he slept on, lol. That was at the beginning she has now settled so fingers crossed your kitty will :)

Hi Honey
I breastfed my son and he used to go through a similar thing - I remember the poo's the first time my family saw them they were convinced he had a severe problem until I explained that that's the way breastfed babies pooed!
Anyway I was always told that green poo meant some sort of infection - so I would give NHS direct a ring - on the other hand if she's ok in herself I wouldn't worry unduly. I would say that it's unlikely to be something that you've eaten as you would probably find that it would be every poo that was green rather than just the odd one.
If her temps normal and she's feeding as normal try not to stress but if you think something is wrong get her seen by a doctor - take a green nappy with you if you can so they can see what you mean - sounds horrible but sometimes they need to see it to understand what you mean.
Hope that helps hun and hope that your little one keeps going really well - sounds like she's putting on weight which is always a great thing anyway.

Thanks Rosie! I called NHS direct and they said there isn't much to worry about. The nurse I spoke to said to cut out caffeine for a week to see if the green poos stop. I have to say I've been having coffees and teas the last few days. So will stop them and see if there are any changes. Thanks!

Aww thanks Lexi, Grumble,Kimmy b and Bunny!
Yep got stung for paying for the feliway at Vets on sat lol , hoping it will take effect asap! Carpet is being cleaned again 2m and he used ammonia solution which stank like cat pee and said it would do the trick! Will tell him that doesn't work and see what he does this time. Fab idea about the citrus and pepper will defo do that once carpet dried again( if she waits that long),got another but very drastic tip to try if she does it again, put her in a big dog cage with her own litter/food etc and only let her out if she uses the tray to pee she should get the idea in a few days......seems very cruel but can understand the logic in it. Fingers crossed it won't come to that!

As for downs tests as i'm already booked in for blood test(and another jammy day off work lol) i will have that then forget any other offered, the midwife got a bit too preachy for my liking and it wasn't a conversation i needed to have and get my head round after seeing my little wriggler for the first time! Thanks for the comments
though think you're all fantastic

Honey, hope NHSD can help you with the green poo!

xx

Hey Honey,

Just popping over quickly to reply to your post.

The occasional runny green poo, could be caused by having too much foremilk and not enough of the fatty hindmilk. If she is snack feeding more often and not getting to the rich hind milk this can be the main cause of the occasional green runny poo.

or it could be a bug of some sort.

The healthier your diet the better on their digestive system. Stuff like too much sugar, fizzy drinks and caffeine can be harsh on their little stomachs. Also it is worth mentioning that you make sure you are well hydrated. I always try to have a glass of water nearby when feeding, as it is important we get lots of fluids into our system and I am terrible for forgetting to drink water.

I doubt too much veg would cause it, but it can be a sign of a food allergy if it is happening often, it would most likely be something like dairy or lactose in your diet though rather than veg.

Found this for you - Why are my breastfed baby's stools often green?

as long as it is not a continous thing and she doesnt seem unhappy then I wouldn't worry about it too much, just mention it to your doctor if you notice it happening often and you know it isn't cause by too much foremilk.

Also bookmark this site:

http://www.kellymom.com/

it is fab for answering EVERY breastfeeding question you may ever have and has been my breastfeeding bible ever since I had my son (over 4 years ago now). ;)

Last edited:
Just been to my first slimming world meeting, decided to try it even though midwifes not sorted out referral yet. Our oldest has gone away on a school trip for 3 days and dh is on holiday from work so seemed like a good time to start. Took dh with me and Logan who was a little angel. The consultant was lovely, and really helpful. Hugs Crystal xx

Back