Pregnancy and Slimming World

Been up since 4. Husband has yet another cold/bug so snoring like a pig.

Always the day I have midwife, so i turn up knackered having to explain he's snoring and that normally I do get enough sleep! Honest! etc

Ah the joys...

Hey Britmum, the kellymom website is my bible too! It's what I read on my iPhone when I'm breastfeeding in the middle of the night lol! I did wonder if it was a fore milk/hind milk imbalance but little one's a really good feeder and spends at least 20 mins during each feed. She's over 3 monhs old now so is a more efficient feeder. If maybe she pulled off before she was ready (due to distractions etc) and she wants more I put her on the same boob. So I doubt that she's not getting enough hind milk, unless I've got it wrong...?

Ahhh sounds like that bit is okay then, I wondered if she might of been snacking occasionally and therefore getting more of the foremilk which in turn might of caused the odd green nappy. I know this happened with my Ds as he would sometimes have a snack feed and then not feed again for a bit.

It could be a intolerance to something you are eating, the main culprits would be dairy, egg or lactose. Tmi but a red ring around her anus can be a sign of an allergy to something. But I think she would generally be quite unhappy if that is the case and you would prob have continuos green nappies.

The only other things are too much sugar, caffeine or fizzy drinks, but these would more likely make her uncomfortable with trapped wind etc rather than effect nappies. You could make a note of what you have had when she has the green nappies and see if there is a pattern to something you have been having.

As it is just occasional though and she seems content, I would say it is nothing to worry about. But if it continues often and you are worried perhaps speak to your GP.

Just wait until you start on the weaning onto solids, you will have a rainbow of nappy contents then lol, bananas for the first time freaked me out with Ds lol.

Thanks so much Britmum! OMG I've heard about nappies when solids are introduced lol. Her current nappies don't gross me out at all. I don't even really consider them real poos but when she starts eating proper food and her poos are more like adult poos I'll need moral support to change her LOL!!

Having a huge baby. Midwife measured me and I'm measuring 34 weeks instead of 31. She said not to panic, but it's not her stitches that will start just below her chin, is it???!!!!

I get extra scans because of my high bmi, I didn't think I would. I cannot wait to see baby at 24wks and again at 28wks. Plus they also checking my kidneys are fuctioning correctly as I have a kidney condition (fingers crossed that goes ok) :)

Lexie, my first 8lbs 3oz I had some tearing but that was because she came fast

Bunny, you're lucky to have the extra scans, hope all goes well with your kidney test.

I'm feeling more myself and feeling more energetic. Baby bump feels really hard and I feel very stretched lol baby is still really active so don't think she's ready to come out just yet lol

How are you all x

Cheeky - glad you're feeling better! Must be a relief...

Good luck Lexie, I'm sure it will be fine.

Bunny - I know what you mean about extra scans. Secretly

I'm relieved baby wouldn't behave at my 20week scan as it means I get to go back again!!
My appointment is Thursday, I'm a bit gutted though as I've got to go to this one on my own as due to the time hubby would have to take the whole day off (would rather save holidays for when the baby is born), so that's quite daunting, but I'm still excited to see my little monkey again!

I'm pleased to say I've been feeling a lot better the last couple of days - my ankles seem to be swelling less, plus I've not been feeling as sick because of forcing myself to have bigger brekkies (beans on WM toast mmm). I'm also feeling less tired.
I'm still feeling super-fussy with my food though, I'm either not hungry at all or only fancy one thing to eat which is making it a bit of a nightmare to plan. Never mind!!

My appitite has come back and I am eating like horse, I love food and it is great. I so appreciate food more now since having a nightmare with it in my 1st trimester. It also helps with planning, I hope you feel better soon Sarah. I just love my green juicy apples ;)

Oh, does anyone watch Natalie Cassidy becoming a mum - I missed on telly but watched the couple of episodes on 4od - it so insightful and sometimes you feel so lonely with feelings but seeing someonelse feel the same way as you is reasurring. Although eating tons of lemon is pretty dame werid, I think I stick to my apples and oranges!!!

My appitite has come back and I am eating like horse, I love food and it is great. I so appreciate food more now since having a nightmare with it in my 1st trimester. It also helps with planning, I hope you feel better soon Sarah. I just love my green juicy apples ;)

That's what I want to feel like!!
I'm an obsessive planner usually when it comes to food - and I bulk cook and freeze everything... which has meant lots of food wasted because I just don't fancy it when it's defrosted.

But then when I've got something I really fancy I LOVE it and could eat and eat and eat!! Strawberries I'm loving at the mo - they're so tasty this year!!

Well went for the scan and they couldn't see anything so did a internal one, and found a 3 mm ball/ egg but my level of preg horm is less than when I got told had miscarriage but not low enough, so still no answer I have got to go back in 48 hr for more bloods . The two options now is I lost baby a lot earlier than the bleed ( at about two weeks but had bleed and confirmed miscarage at 8-9 weeks ) and it's just not come away for some reason( with the bleed) or I got pregnant straight away and this is second pregnancy and is about two weeks but only way we will know is if bloods start going up or down. I am so frustrated now just want to know if I am or am not feel like I'm in limbo x x x will keep you all informed as I know , wish me luck x x x

Oh Kimmy how upsetting & frustrating :( I really hope you get good news with your blood tests in 48hrs, i have everything crossed for you petal x

Ohhh kimmy :( hugs xx

How awfull not knowing. But it's almost like being told u lost one baby but may be a chance that another one is now there!!!

I hope there is good news atthe end of all this for you. You must feel so emotionaly drained!!! Xxx

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Well girlys I been slaking from mini mins lol

My eating habbits.... Hmm well saturday I was so happy I had no nausea all day so there for ate and ate :) woke Sunday to nausea :( and have it since! My boobs mega kill me! I'm totaly miserable and been goin bed 8.30 to 8.30 :eek: same as my 4 yr old!! I think my partner feels single!!!

Had student midwife who was at my booking appt call me today. I was worried at first thinkin god what's happened. She called to ask if she could follow me through my pregnancy as part of her training and that if I do go through with the home birth then she could be there too if I want her too but if I go to hospital she can't be there. I said yes to both as I beleive they should experience this and to be honest we bounced off each other when at my booking appt so to have someone nice to go trough all this. Would be amazing!! :)

Still feel gutted that it will be ages till I can see my baby. I want to see them now to make this feel real.... And start the bonding!

Had a nasty dream last night tho :( had a dream I had a bad c section and that I had a little girl who was too big. She ended up growin to the size of a 7yr old on a week! Was scary lol

I can only eat plums pears and calippos at the moment and really enjoy them!

When do cravings kick in now I can't remember I just know with my son it was pickled onions then jam doughnuts covered in sugar!!

Kimmy - hope it's good news for you petal. Fingers crossed :vibes:

Good luck kimmy, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Leanne - I haven't had any cravings yet so can't really comment!
I was in bed at 8pm when I was dead tired at the start - when you need the sleep you need it!

What can I take???

I can't poo :( sorry for tmi!!!

Can't stomach much as nausea is blergh so am now lacking some things in my diet n body is freaking out!!! 3 days no poo :( help

Leanne - go to the doctor. Get something for your nausea, then you'll be able to eat more. Tell them you're constipated and they should give you something safe for that too.

In the meantime try some hot water and lemon to ease things along a bit.

Back